• Published 21st May 2013
  • 781 Views, 6 Comments

Femme of the Theater - Rarity Belle



Love, masked figures, two ponies, romance. When Rarity leaves Ponyville, nopony hears from her anymore. But in the old theater of the rustic town haunts a being that simply goes by the name of, Femme of the Theater.

  • ...
7
 6
 781

Chapter 2

The young mare opened the doors of the decayed and abandoned theater and the scents of aging shot right in her nose. Scents that were everything but the most pleasant of smells. “Good gosh, what has been rotting here?” the mare spoke to herself before she ventured further through the open doors. “Somepony been dumping bodies here, or what..?”

With the doors that fell shut behind her, the darkness would be dominating the building once again. The hooves of her two legs brought her forth in a careful manner, further into the cursed building. With her hand against the wall did she took her steps with the greatest of care while her eyes tried to up anything that could be seen. Pinkie let the sounds of the building echo in her ears and did a couple soft prayers as all that truly could be seen was the darkness. But the sounds that entered her ears didn't seem to be anything out of the ordinary and she continued further in. Despite having the feeling something would got terribly wrong deep within her guts. A persistent little mare she was, everypony gave her that much.

She wanted to reach the main stage in an attempt to get rid of her feelings or at least have the wounds in her heart be lightened up a little bit. That same heart found itself beating in her throat as she walked down the hallway. Pinkie passed a small opening that was once a doorway to the hat and coat stands. The feeling of being crawled up in her for the first time since she had entered the building.

Her blue eyes were clearly visible in the darkness in which she stared down ever so deeply. She tried her best to make up that was to be seen, but her eyes still weren't fully adjusted to the darkness that consumed the place. Black was all that she possibly saw within the her eyes. From time to time she could differentiate the shapes, but that was it. “H-Hello? S-Somepony here?” she spoke up. Pinkie tried her best to keep her guts together.

Nothing answered her call. No voice, no sound, not even a breath echoed through the place. Pinkie shook her head a little bit while she tried to shake the feeling off of her. Pinkie turned herself back around and she continued to venture down the hallway as she had planned in a slow pacing.

After a passage of a few minutes, there was a faint aura that lit up the room where the earth pony had gazed upon. Within the light there was a being in a red dress could be seen just for a mere second. Then the aura faded again and the darkness consumed it all once more, leaving no trace behind of the mysterious being.

---

Pinkie’s tour through the theater stopped when she reached the building’s main room and stage. A smile formed itself on her face she saw it before her. Her eyes glared over everything that could be seen and there came a sudden joy to herself. A joy that she hadn’t felt in her body in ages.

With a quick run had she rushed over to the main stage and stood in the very middle of it. Her eyes looked over the empty and broken down seats in the darkness. She didn't even question just why there was a spotlight on but her eyes did moved themselves over to it. “Teehee, some things never run out now do they?” she giggled to herself. Pinkie knew that it was a magical circuit that run through the spot, as it wasn't any form candle light.

“And now, for your hearing pleasure, Pinkie Diane Pie,” she spoke up to the imaginary crowd of ponies who sat in the seats. The young mare began to smile a bit before the notes left her mouth. Each of them were pure and filled to the brim with emotion. Her voice was as sweet as it possibly could be. Every stallion that would have heard the notes, would have fallen right away for her.

But the reality of the case was more depressing. For she sung about the one true love in her life. Ever since they first met, Pinkie’s thoughts had been consumed by the being of her dreams. She didn't just sung her song for the crowd, but also imagined her love being among them. It was that simple thought, that made tears stream down her cheeks as she continued to sing her songs.

It could be considered an odd manner of finding happiness without a doubt but if it worked for her, none should question it. Despite the tears which streamed down her cheeks, her tones and tunes became only more purer. Each of them came directly out of her heart, a heart that was still bleeding. Its only remedy was either time or the pony she loved.

---

But there was a major turning point to her singing. As beautiful as it was, it was also loud enough to be heard deep within the hallways of the theater. The halls where the Femme lurked for its next victim. It found itself within the small restaurant as the notes caught up within its ears and the shadow turned itself over to where the notes came from. “Time will tell,” it spoke in a female voice. Within an instant was it just gone from the restaurant.

The Femme made its way through the darkness as silent as the dead. Swift and clean as it was it ran up the stairs that led to the balconies of the main stage. Its dress waved like a cape behind the body as the left hand was used for stability on the staircase railings.

The pacing of the being lowered itself down more and more. With its eyes it simply stared down the hallway of doors as it judged just which one was the best for it to enter. It started to sneak up to one of the doors in the hallway. It walked down all the way to the end of it. The eyes continued to look around all over the place. Almost as if it was afraid somepony else would pop up next to it without a warning. The white hand on its journey to the doorknob in an attempt to open it. But then a shock of realization went through the Femme and the hand removed itself from the knob.

The door it stood before would be leading up to the front balcony, a place where the it could easily be spotted. It gently walked back down the hallway. It was on the search for a door that that would lead up to one of the balconies where the Femme would have perfect sight over the events.

While its white hand swiftly turned the knob of the door, it opened the door as slow as that was possible. With the passage of seconds would there have been a gap created that was big enough for it to squeeze itself through. The being in the red dress did just that and then closed the door silently behind itself again.

The Femme found itself on one of the balconies and it had an excellent view on the main stage. It found itself on the second furthest away from the stage, away from the mare who would have been able to spot it. The being set itself down in one of the seats and placed its arms over each other at the railing. It began to simply watch Pinkie in pure delight as her notes continued to echo within its ears.

---

What was unknown to Pinkie, was that the Femme was looking over her. The being that had been rumored about did exist in the form of flesh and blood. But the always energetic earth pony had her eyes closed as she tried to sing the highest note possible for her while the tears never seemed to stop. A fact that even the Femme was able to see from its spot back within the theater.

“I wish you were here, my dear,” said Pinkie after her tones and tunes died down into nothing more than just her regular voice. “I truly do.” The depressed mare lowered herself off of the stage and walked back into the direction that she came. Pinkie had the simple desire to just leave the place as it was and to go back to her duties in the sweetshop. Whether she liked it or not.

The Femme kept its eyes firm upon the earth pony. It watched her every movement all the way to when she left the room. But the feeling of being watched took its turn again in the guts of Pinkie. Before she disappeared from the room, her eyes moved over all of the balconies and her eyes rested themselves on the very last one a bit longer. “Odd…” she mumbled to herself before she left the room like nothing was going on.

---

Pinkie had returned from the theater without a scratch on her coat. Something that came as a surprise to most ponies as big or massive. It was soon after it that there was a new gossip in town. Something that spread itself around the borders of it like a raging fire without end.

As the days went by more and more, the earth pony hated it that she was associated with the terrible Femme. Pinkie tried her best to continue on her work with the Cakes, who were the only two who actually believed that she was innocent. Next to her friends.

But the rest of Ponyville came to know that Pinkie wasn't the Femme at all. There was another poor soul left the building with a broken arm and looked like it had gotten a lot of punches. All of the events happened while Pinkie Pie stood on the market of the quiet town with tons of folk around her. Mystery and suspense rose only more about the Femme figure. Nopony truly knew what it looked like, nopony knew who it was even. All that they knew was that it was a dangerous being, best to be left alone.

However, the warnings that were given weren't enough for Pinkie to not go into it and empty her heart. Done in the musical way she seemed to love the most.