• Published 21st May 2013
  • 782 Views, 6 Comments

Femme of the Theater - Rarity Belle



Love, masked figures, two ponies, romance. When Rarity leaves Ponyville, nopony hears from her anymore. But in the old theater of the rustic town haunts a being that simply goes by the name of, Femme of the Theater.

  • ...
7
 6
 782

Chapter 1

In the attic of Sugercube Corner had Pinkie Pie found herself staring to the moon. Her hands supported the head while the elbows rested on the window sill. The mare let out a deep and depressed sigh before her eyes closed themselves. Time didn't had to progress long before there was a single tear which rolled down her cheek. “Why didn't I told you earlier Rares, why didn't I just go to you and told you that I loved you,” she spoke to herself before more tears began to roll down.

The weather didn't seem to be improving her mood all that much either. There were some clouds of a new storm had approached. Those would have blocked the moon from her sight. The eyes of Pinkie opened themselves again as she heard the sounds of the gentle ticking of the rain against the window.

Pinkie made a gentle jump and she landed right on the sill itself. Her back placed itself against the nearest wall while her legs crossed themselves over each other. There she sat then in her simple nightie. A nightie that was a lighter shade than her coat and it covered all of her body but ended halfway of her thighs. It always had a comfortable and warm feeling for her. With a stroke through her flat mane, she removed a stand out of her eyes. Her blue eyes laid themselves then on the window and she just began to watch the storm to erupt above their little town.

“Go and get them Dashie, you can do it,” she spoke up to herself as a rainbow colored tail could be seen going in and out of the skies. For hours she just sat on the sill without motion. Her eyes went over everything that there was to be seen. But even the hyperactive earth pony needed her sleep. Which was knocking right at her door, wanting to enter.

Under the sounds of a loud yawn she placed her head against the window to the attic and Pinkie closed her eyes. “Just, for ten minutes,” she mumbled to herself. Though the ten minutes became twenty, which on their turn became forty and so on. The only sound that could be heard in the room was the gentle snoring of the depressed earth pony mare.

Outside had the storm grown out to one of the worst in the season. Its howling winds ripped branches off of trees like it was nothing as the flashes of lightning did their turn one after the other. The pegasi up in the clouds truly had the greatest of difficulties as they worked through all of the night to keep the storm fed up.

Not that it mattered to the sleeping mare though. For she found herself deep within the realm of the princess of the night. Pinkie was granted a much more pleasant dream for once. One in which she didn't try to reach of the unicorn of her life, but just found peace and calm by a lake. A lake of calm waters and soft breezes of wind that blew through her wonderful flat mane.

---

While the early sun rose up from its own slumber and the first rays tickled the nose of Pinkie as well as her eyelids. The mare still found herself in the sill while she sneezed gentle from the warm rays. A sneeze that caused her eyes to open themselves up in a gentle manner. With the sounds of a loud yawn she managed to stretch herself a little bit before she left the sill. “Why do you even sleep in there?” Pinkie asked herself out loud as she walked down to the bathroom in order to refresh herself. She gave one last crack of her back before disappearing within the room.

After a small amount of time, the mare stood back in her attic all made up. Her teeth brushed, her mane and tail combed while the nails on her fingers were trimmed. Pinkie found herself before her wardrobe and began to wonder what she would wear for the day.

“Nah, I’ll just take that again,” the mare spoke to herself while she walked over to the door that led to the staircase. She closed the door a bit to reveal as set of clothing hooks that were mounted on it. On the hooks themselves hung simple outfit that was made out of a semi decent shirt and a skirt that came up to her knees.

She pulled on the pieces of clothing and then made her way to ground level. The level where the Cake family greeted her with their happy smiles as they did each other morning. But no matter how cheery they were, the earth pony would never seem to find joy within it.

The mare returned the smile faintly to them before she took a slice of bread out of the bag. “I will be off for most of the day, I just want to wander around for a bit more,” she said to them.

“Pinkie, it has been months by now. Why can’t you just set yourself over it?” mister Cake replied as he took a sip from his coffee.

“Because I love her! Much as you love your wife, I hope,” she spoke up in a sudden burst of anger. The spoken words caught both of the Cakes a bit by surprise and Pinkie just left the shop through the front door. The further she was away, the more she muttered. The two bakers could understand the reasoning of Pinkie for she had been like that ever since the unicorn left the town.

---

Pinkie made her way over the streets and she stuffed the piece of bread in her mouth. With haste in her steps did she just wander around without aim. But on the route that led her to town-hall, there were two stallions to be seen. The both of them hung over a fence and they stared at the old theater of the town. One had a red coat and the other a yellow one. It could be seen that the both of them were either farmers or cowboys given their attires.

At first she didn't gave them much attention. But when she came into their hearing distance and the words they spoke sparked her interest as their voices set of the feeling of recognition. She kept walking while her ears kept themselves perked at the two voices. But Pinkie took a couple steps back as there was one set of words, that made her head go on tilt. She leaned a bit against the fence as well as her blue eyes laid themselves over the two. “What did you say?” she asked out of curiosity.

“Pinkie? Ah didn't saw ya coming here. Where ya been all this time?” the red coated, overall wearing stallion spoke while he stroked his chin in a thinking manner. His big and strong hands were the trademark of the stallion as he was known to be one of the hardest workers in town.

“Been here and there actually, Big Mac. Hey Braeburn,” said Pinkie while the yellow coated, cowboy outfit wearing stallion gave her a faint smile.

“Ah reckoned ya would. But, ya didn't hear what happened?” Big Macintosh questioned while he turned her attention back to the theater.

“No I haven’t, I just woke up and haven’t read the news yet.”

“Well, how do Ah put it…” the red coated stallion spoke up.

“Just say it, Mac,” Braeburn interrupted all of the sudden while he flipped his hat back up.

“Alright, alright. Ah shall tell then. What the news is, is that the old theater seems to be haunted by something. Nopony knows what it is. A poor soul sought shelter within its walls, but left it with terrible injuries… He called it… What did he call it again, Brae?”

Femme of the Theater,” the other stallion replied. His eyes fell on both Big Macintosh and Pinkie. The glance that was within them stood on serious, scared even.

“How did she look?” the mare asked as she wanted to know even more. Her curiosity had been greatly sparked. For the rumors of the Femme had been around for a month but nopony ever dared to go inside. Only fools would do so.

“Red dress, eye patch. Tisn’t the first time we heard about it though. Sights did their turn through it nearly two months ago already. It is to be believed an urban myth. But the truth might be even worse. Ah recommend to just stay clear of it,” Big Mac said in a caring tone to the earth pony.

“I see, thanks for telling me Big Mac, Braeburn. We see each other later. Bye!” Pinkie spoke after she gave a nod to the warning given to her.

Both of the stallions nodded as they shook her hands before she went away again. When the mare left their eyesight, the two stallions looked at each other with a questioning gaze in their eyes. And in a perfectly orchestrated event, they both released a sigh through their noses.

“Maybe, that will do me some good,” said Pinkie to herself after an idea came to her mind. An idea which could be considered foolish. The mare turned over to her left at town square. She turned right into the direction of the abandoned and rumored to be haunted theater.