• Published 23rd May 2013
  • 598 Views, 23 Comments

Fly with me, Scootaloo - TheFluttershyeffect



Scootaloo is told by her doctors that she will never be able to fly. Can she deal with this realization? On a related note, I;'m sorry I had it rated "Everyone... that was a mistake on my part!

  • ...
11
 23
 598

The Accident

**Six months later**

Scootaloo, Sweetie Belle, and Apple Bloom were in front row seats to watch the Wonderbolts, which they had free passes to at every show. At this point, the other three fliers simple made a circle for Rainbow Dash to fly through. She was going to perform a Sonic Rainboom, something she rarely did because of its difficulty level. The crowd was going insane.

Rainbow smiled. She couldn't hear the fans screaming, she was far too high up, but she just knew they were going crazy over what she was about to do. She flew in a small circle to warm up, then sped down as fast as she could, leaving a rainbow behind her. She was travelling at breakneck speeds, nearly the speed of sound. Just a little more.. then she'd stop a few feet from the ground, speed upwards, and listen as the crowd awed over the Sonic Rainboom it would form.

About a hundred more yards..

"WHOOO! GO RAINBOW DASH!" Scootaloo yelled loudly from the stands. She was more excited than anypony else at the stadium.

Just over a hundred feet..

"WHOO! YOU CAN DO IT!!"

Just a little more...

"RAINBOW DASH! GO RAINBOW DASH! GO-!"

CRASH!

Rainbow didn't turn up fast enough, and struck the ground at just under 340 miles per second. The crowd was terrified, but none so much as Scootaloo, who ran out to see if Rainbow Dash was okay.

When Scootaloo got there, she nearly threw up. Rainbow was laying on her back, with her back itself bent at a wrong angle. Her back legs were both broken beyond repair, and her front left leg was only holding on by a few bits of flesh. Her eyes and ears were bleeding, and many of her teeth were missing. Those that weren't, were cracked. Several of her ribs stuck out from her chest.

"Rain.. Rainbow Dash?" Scootaloo began to cry, this sadness far worse than when she got the news about her wings. Worse than any sadness she had ever felt.

"S..S.." Rainbow appeared to be trying to talk, but her mouth was full of blood.

"Rainbow? Rainbow is that you? Are you okay?!"

Rainbow spit out a large amount of blood, more than Scootaloo had seen in her life. "Sc.. Scoots? Is that.. Scoots.. listen.."

"I'm listening Rainbow Dash!"

"I know it.. looks like I.. well.. y.. you can see how it looks" Rainbow looked down on her body with one eye, the other appearing to be unable to move. "But.. I'm still gon.. gonna make good on that promise. You WILL fly with me, Scoots, you got that?"

Scootaloo cried and nodded her head. "I beleive you, Rainbow Dash, I beleive you!!!"

"You.. you're gonna go places.. kid.." With that, Rainbow Dash closed her eyes, formed what appeared to be a sad smile, and died.

Scootaloo burst into tears and hugged the dead body, hugged it like it wasn't a dead body at all, but the sister Rainbow Dash had come to be in Scootaloo's mind. She did that until an ambulance came and took Rainbow Dash's corpse away. After that, Scootaloo cried for hours. She cried so long she ran out of tears, but she just kept crying. "I.. love you.. Rainbow.. Dash.."