• Published 17th May 2013
  • 3,821 Views, 66 Comments

My Little FEAR [First Encounter Assault Recon] : Slow-mo is magic - JustDing



What happens when Sergeant Becket (and Alma...) get teleported to Equestria...

  • ...
20
 66
 3,821

Interval 04- A new job

The next Day (Sunday, if this day exists in Equestria...)

Michael woke up at 7:00, when Applejack knocked at the door of the barn loudly "Mishel. Wake up! Breakfast! Today is the great day."

"Did I miss something or why I can't remember about this?", he groaned. He was half-asleep and about to pass out into wonderland again. Applejack knocked again, eliciting another groan of frustration from Michael. But she just chuckled in response.

"Oh, yes. We didn't told ya! Okay, once in a week, we are all hanging out together and have alot of fun!", she explained, "And you are with us, since ya are part of our group!"

"Mmmmfine..." Michael grumbled. He did not liked it to be awoken so early.


Ponyville Park, a little bit later

"Wow, I've never been in a picknick like this," Michael said happily. They were in the park, sitting on a big sheet. Everypony and Human had his own plate. Pinkie Pie brought the food, it was mostly sweet pastries. Rarity lied on a couch and was reading a book. Rainbow Dash wore her black sunglasses. She was trying to look cool with it, but Michael's goggles looked far more cooler. Of course he did not wearing them at that moment.

Fluttershy said nothing. She felt unsure to Michael yet. Well, she knew that he meant no harm, but she was still scared about the fact that he killed Diamond Dogs. Of course, she did not like Diamond Dogs at all, but they were still sentient, living beings...

"What are we doing after that?" Michael asked.

"Well, after the picknick we are going to show you the town. We haven't done it, yet." Twilight said smiling.

"Sounds good to me," Michael said, while eating one of Pinkie's cupcakes, "Ok, thank you very much!"

"And after that, I'll make some new clothes for you. It looks absolutely horrorfying wearing the same clothes every day." Rarity said.

Suddenly, a thought appears in Michael's mind...

He really needed a job. Working on the farm was quite nice, but he did not wanted it for the rest of his life. And he wanted to pay Rarity back after he get his new clothes.

After the picknick, the mane six were showing Michael several places of Ponyville.

"...and this is the town hall. When Major Mare helds a speech, all ponies of the town are meeting here. And when the princesses are here, we are inside," explains Twilight. "Oh, and this is the restaurant. We can eat there tomorrow if you want."

Michael says "Oh, thanks, but I think, tomorrow is the time to search a job for me."

"Oh... what do you have in mind?" Rarity asked, hoping that he would ask her for a job in the boutique. His hands would be really helpful...

"Well, I will ask Shining Armor for a place in the royal guards," he said.

*GASP!*


"Why not? I'm a trained Sergeant!"


The next day

Michael cell phone alert ringed around seven o'clock. He wanted to get as soon as possible to Canterlot. The distance in the air was not very significantly great, but travelling by train need a long time. After picking up his stuff and making sure his money -they called it 'Bits' like the short version of the german beer brand Bitburger-, he left the barn and went to the trainstation of Ponyville.

INTERVAL 04

A NEW JOB

"MISHEL!" shouted somepony. He turned around and he spotted a approaching orange mare.

Applejack.

"Ya can't just go away without saying something," she said panting.

"I know but I have to catch the train. And I don't wanna be late," he explained.

"Well, okay. We'll see us around. Should Ah tell the girls something later?" asked Applejack smiling.

"Yes, send them my best greetings. And thanks for all! Even you!" Michael said. Applejack cared a lot of him, he would never forget that. He promised to himself that he will pay her later for all her help.

Applejack started to blush. "Hehe... thank ya. Ah will tell them!"

Not a minute later, the train finally arrived at the trainstation. Michael stepped in and says waving with his hand "See ya' later!"

Applejack yelled back "Okay, howdy!"

After some moments, the train left the station, driving to Canterlot...



Canterlot, Princess Celestias Castle, 12:00

Michael stood in front of the castle. He whistled loudly. He never saw a castle like this before "That's a haul of an castle". This was the first time he saw it from outside. When he came by the first time, they landed directly in the courtyard of the castle, which was not very special.

At the gate were two pegasi royal guards, doing their jobs, namely guarding the gate.

Maybe it would have been easier by equipping the gate with a thick bullet proof metal door, but whatever. As Michael approached the gate, they were blocking his path with their wings "What are you? Who are you?"

"I'm the human Seargent Michael Becket, and I want to speak with your Captain Shining Armor," he answered with a neutral glare.

Suddenly, the pegasi were saluting and the left one said "Sorry, Sir. We didn't know you, Sir! Shining Armor said that if you come by, we should let you in.

Michael returned the gesture and says "Stay calm, privates. You are just doing your jobs. So just tell me where to go to your captain."



Some minutes later

Princess Celestia sat in her throne, reading letters which came from the foreign lands, as she heard a knock coming from the big doors.

"Please come in", she said and smiled as she realized it was the newcomer, "Aah. It's Seargent Becket. Its a pleasure to meet you again. I heard from the incident yesterday. How I can help you?"

Michael stepped forward and saluted. Then he said "Sorry, if I disturb you, but I want to speak with Captain Shining Armor."

"You want to speak with me?" Shining says, coming down from stairs and trotting up to Michael.

"Yes. I want to ask you for a place in the royal guards," Michael said.

Everypony in the room is surprised.

A human asks for a place in the royal guards... that's new... Shining Armor thought. After some moments of thinking, Shining said "Why not? You are a skilled and brave warrior. I saw it by myself... and at least we might could learn a lot from you. And it seems that you are the expert here for... er... strange incidents."

"That's a good decision, Shining Armor!" Celestia said smiling. She stood up from her throne and said to Michael "I welcome you as a new member to the royal guards."

"Thanks, your highness. But one question: Did you saw or feel something strange in the days after the thing with Alma?"

"Mmmh... we didn't saw her after that, but sometimes we have short strong headaches...and Luna had a bad nightmare last night."

"Sometimes, I have short headaches, too. But they are occuring since I'm responsible for great magical shields..." Shining said, just saying his own opinion.



Canterlot, Princess Celestias Castle, Royal Guards Sector

Everypony cheered at the news. A human sergeant was joining the royal guards!

"Well, I want you to show him the same respect as you show it to me! If somepony doesn't like the idea, he can talk with me. Is that clear?" Shining ordered as they were in the training room of the Royal Gaurds.

Everypony nodded.

Shining turned to Michael "For your first day, can you tell us something about human combat techniques? For example, clearing a room?"

"Well, okay I will try my best to explain much as I can. But the kowledge I have is for humans.", Michael said.

"That doesn't matter right know. You can do everything to tell us something about this," Shining waved a hoof.

Michael then started "Ok. I saw that crossbows exists in this world. So, what would you do If somepony shoots at you with a crossbow?".

He pointed at Shining Armor, who replied "I would cast a spell, which protects me with a magical shield."

"Ok, Unicorns would use magic. What would you do?" with that, Michael pointed at a pegasus royal guard. The pegasus said "I would fly away, or protect myself with my wings"

Michael continues "So that means, you would proctect yourself with something that you have with you or you can do, right?"

Everypony nods.

"I have learned to use my environment as my protection. This is called 'Creating Cover'," Michael said.

Quizzical looks.

"Ok, I see you don't understand at all what I mean with that. So, Shining, could you please stand in this corner?" he ordered, "I want you to aim with a crossbow at me, but don't shoot."

Michael sit up and walked to a large wooden table, which stood next to a door.

Shining took the crossbow with his magical grip, trotted to the corner and aimed at Michael.

"So, for example, you walk through this door. Then you see a unexpecting enemy in the corner to your right. To your right next to you is a furniture, in this case a table. Instead of casting spells or using wings, it's more efficient to create cover." with this words, he flipped over the table with his strong arms and rotated it at the same time in the direction of Shining. Then he ducked behind the plate of the table. "The enemy can't hit me now... I hope."

Everypony was impressed. This way was far more easier than magic or wings. Especially magic, which need a great amount of stamina.

"And what then?", one of the guards asked
Michael smiles and said "Then you can wait for better weather."

Everypony laughed at his words.

"Ok, back to serious. You can move across the room and use the table as a shield, or kick it to the enemy. But I would prefer the first option," Michael said, "So, that's all what I can you tell about 'Creating Cover'."

Shining and his guards were mumbling to each other. Then Shining said "This way of protecting yourself is far more easier than the way we normally use. Thanks for this! Back to topic. Well, you all know that I will marry Princess Cadence in... Oh, sorry, Sergeant Becket. You don't know it, so I will explain it again for you. I will marry Princess Cadence in a week, and I don't want any security gaps. I will cast a magical shield around the whole castle. Sergeant Becket, you will take the point at this day. You seem to be very organized and level-headed."

"Understood!"

"So and now, we are going through the castle and search for security posts." Shining ordered, preparing the first moves for the safety for that special day.

Over the next 5 hours, they were all walking through the castle. Michael suggested that he could position himself on one of the towers with his sniper rifle and search for flying intruders. Shining said "Good idea, but how you want to communicate with the other guards?"

"With this little gadgets here!", Michael said and put some comlinks out of his pocket, "You put these in one of your ears and then you can talk to each other, no matter how far they are away."

Then he thaught them how to use the comlinks correctly. Shining and his guards were amazed as they were thaughthow to use such advanced devices.

"Royal Guards!" someone yelled. All were turning around and spotting a dark blue alicorn with a crown walking up to them.

It was Princess Luna. And she did not looked very happy "Listen. The hospital in Pony sent a emergency call. It was very unclear what's the reason, but we must go to Ponyville immediately! Me and my sister will following you."



Ponyville, 30 minutes later, late afternoon

The hospital is surrounded by a crowd of ponies. The mane six are there, too. There were talking wildly about what happened in the Hospital. The alerts went on and off after a few minutes and the doors were somehow blocked. But nopony came up with a good solution or a proper explenation.

A black chariot was carried by 4 pegasi royal guards as it flew over the crowd of ponies. In the chariot were Shining Armor, two unicorn royal guards, the princesses and Michael Becket. The unicorns were equipped with swords and crossbows, while Michael Becket was equipped with his AR and Automatic Shotgun. As they were only 15 metres above the ground, Michael lowered himself down with a rope he found in a box in the chariot and run to the entrance of the Hospital. He tried to open the doors, but furniture behind the doors blocked them
.
"Oh man, not again!" he yelled annoyed.

-Music (Please open a new Tab)-

After some moments the chariot landed and all ponies stepped out. The Royal Guard quickly surrounded the princesses to provide their safety. But Shining Armor was a little bit angry to Michael since he did something without asking permission.

"You could wait!" Shining said sternly.

"I know captain, but there's no time for this."

"Okay... Sergeant Becket, report!"

"The doors are blocked. We must search another..." Michael said, but suddenly his goggles were scrambling and his vision was blurred for some moments.

"Oh shit... Captain, we encounter paranormal activities. Going in the Hospital is not a good idea right now." Michael said warning. He knew what it meant to be in a area filled with supernatural beings.

"No, Sergeant Becket. We have to move in there and rescue civilians." Shining retorted harshly, stomping on the ground to punctuate his order.

"Whatever you say, we are going with you!" a pony yelled behind them.

Twilight Sparkle.

Shining Armor yelled "NO! Twily! You are not going in there! It's too dangerous!"

"The last time you met paranormal activities, you survived, but maybe not a second time. The same for the rest of the mane six!" Michael said. He remembered very well the incident when Alma got them...

"But ma' brother is in there... and... and... Michael...could protect us!" Applejack cried. She wanted to get her brother out of there as soon as possible.

"But Shining Armor and Michael are right. Sorry, but I can't let you in there," Princess Celestia said

Shining Armor was thinking over the situation, then he said"I will go with Seargent Becket."

Princess Celestia said "Mmh okay, but just one thing. I will enchant Michael's goggles, so that we can see, what he sees." With that, Celestias horn began to glow and a bright aura surrounded Michael's goggles. After some moments it stopped and a orb of the size of an football hovered in front of Princess Celestia. She could see now through Michael's vision.

"What are these for signs?" Princess Luna asked confused.

"Well, the bars at the left side are showing my current health and vest status, while the numbers to the right are showing the ammunition for my weapons," Michael explained and reached in one of his pockets, "And take one if these, so we can communicate."

Michael gave both princessess a comlink.

"What's this?" Celestia asked.

"It's a little gadget from my world, and you just put it in one of your ears. When I'm inside the hospital, you can communicate with Shining Armor and me." Then Michael turned around and walked to the hospita, weapon at the ready.

Shining Armor galloped to Michael and said "You take the point."

"Roger that." Michael said and went around the corner of the Hospital.

"Where are we going?" asks Shining Armor, "The entrance is on the other side."

Michael just says "The entrance is blocked, so we create our own little entrance. Wait here." and slammed a window with the backside of his AR. Then he jumped through and rolled off on the floor. Dangerous darkness surrounded him as he found himself in a patience room, so he activated his flashlight which was mounted on his AR.

"Sector is clear. Come in, Captain."

Shining Armor jumped through the window, landing on his legs. Looking around "This looks not good..."

"Princesses, can you hear us?" Michael said through his comlink.

"Clear and loud, Sergeant. Please proceed." Celestia said back through her comlink.

Michael's goggles were scrambling and he caught a glimpse of a ponified shape in the edge of his vision. It stoof in a corner of the room. As he turned around, it disappeared in a puff of energy and a short but loud grunt was heard.

Shining saw it, too.

"What the hay was that?!" Shining yelled.

"Specters..."

"What is a specter?" asks Princess Celestia.

As Pinkie Pie heard this, she started to bounce joyfully on the ground "Is Nightmare Night in the hospital?"

"A specter is the psychic leftovers of living beings. They are turned aggressive by the influence of alma..." Michael explained through the comlink.

Pinkie Pie immidiately stopped her bouncing just as she heard this "Are Specters... dangerous...?"

"From the informations I get from Michael, EVERYTHING which involves Alma is absolutely life-threatening and deadly... even for alicorns..." Princess Luna said to the pink party pony who went quiet.


Michael and Shining were walking through the door out of the room. The smell of decay filled their nose/nostrils.Shining activated his comlink and said "We smell rotting flesh. Something very bad happened here..."

"Rotting flesh...? Oh no... please be very careful now. We don't want to lose you!" Celestia said worried.

As Michael made some steps forward, he stepped in something wet and emitting a wet 'splot!' sound. He looked down and was greeted by the sight of a large pool of blood. But not just blood.

Around the bloody stain are written words. The words were saying:

'Help us!'
'Make it stop!'
'It hurts!'
'I am happy.'
'Its not right...'


Michael groaned, then he said "This is going to be very funny..."

Author's Note:

Took me some days, and my grammar is... well, please just don't talk about it... I hope it's getting better.
YES, some blood-written words are quotes from the SNES game Earthbound.