• Published 10th May 2013
  • 829 Views, 7 Comments

The War of Words - Skeeter The Lurker



Words always have power. Will always exist. Never forget that.

  • ...
8
 7
 829

A Farm of Words

A Farm of Words



It was a beautiful morning in Ponyville. With Celestia’s Sun just beginning to make its way across the sky, it held, as always, the promise of yet another good day. It was a Sunday, a day, at least in Pinkie’s book, dedicated for fun, games, and simply relaxing.

Or, in the case of a certain orange-colored mare, going out and doing a bit of harvesting in the orchard, provided she could actually wake up… She, unknown to her friends, rather liked to sleep in on Sundays.

A groan, shuffle of covers, and one well-placed (by no one in particular) sunbeam later, life was returned to the mare and she rolled out of bed. Marginally deterred by hitting the floor rather hard, Applejack heaved herself up and proceeded to the restroom, followed by her room (she forgot her hat), and a final stagger down the stairs to the kitchen.

Approaching the kitchen table, she graciously accepted the coffee offered by Big Mac. Her thanks to Mac ended up as a half-hearted mumble.

A small grin spread upon his face. He knew full well she didn’t like waking up early on Sundays. She was also going to hate him, in about 1 more second.

“I need ya ta buck the north-west orchard. Seem’s they be ripe enough for havestin’.” And right on cue: A low slightly anguished groan from her.

“Do I haf’ta?”

“Granny? Would’ya mind bucking…?” Big Mac began, cut off, on cue, by Applejack.

“Now hold yer horses! You know Ah’m jest jokin’!”

Both Granny and Big Mac chuckled at that. “We know, AJ, yer jest too easy when ya wake up, y’know?” Applejack shot a glare at him that would make Fluttershy proud; of course, Big Mac simply laughed it off.

After a few more cups of coffee (More like 2 pots worth), and a hefty stack of pancakes, Applejack set off for the orchard. Stepping outside, Applejack took a deep breath; at least it was going to be a beautiful day.

Now if only this headache in the back of her neck would go away…