• Published 6th May 2013
  • 2,008 Views, 18 Comments

Snowdrops fate. - The-Anonymous-Brony



The fate of the blinds pegasus Snowdrop...

  • ...
3
 18
 2,008

Chapter 1: The Stroke.

Snowdrops Fate

By The-Anonymous-Brony.



Snowdrop was sitting on a cloud like she had done many times before, her sight was improving ever since then. She could faintly see, however not perfect vision like she had always dreamed of. The ice blue Pegasus looked out into the sky but felt something, loneliness. Ever since her mother had passed away after she graduated school, things had been going well for Snowdrop, mentally, and not physically. The house they have been living in for years was still in very good shape, the color was fading slightly, Snowdrop had always wanted to get a re painting of her house arranged but she could never seem to get around to doing so, being that the house was a certain color and was expensive nowadays. Snowdrop would always spend a few minutes outside and go back inside to go to sleep, the only good side to not having her mother around was her ability to stay out as long as the blue Pegasus desired. However, she did miss her mother a lot.

Snowdrop headed inside her faded house as she sat at her kitchen table, her home was very small, it only had 3 rooms. One for her mother (who had passed away), herself, and the kitchen. There was really nothing to it, Snowdrop usually found herself staring out into the moon, which was incidentally one of the only things that she could see clearly, perhaps besides the snow coming down. She admired the moon of Princess Luna, who still remembered what Snowdrop had said about her beautiful night sky, her stars, and her wonderful moon. Snowdrop walked slowly to the refrigerator as she took out one tea bag and turned the kettle on. She waited a bit and watched closely to see when the tea would be ready, or when it wouldn't be. She was never a very good cook, and couldn't really make anything besides perhaps a muffin or a cup of tea. The kettle squealed, signifying that the tea Snowdrop was making was finished being made. She took her mug that she had received from Clouds-dale two years ago when she was taken there by her old teacher, Princess Luna.

She drank her tea slowly, still looking at the moon, gazing a bit in fact. Her one hoof slowly moved under her head instead of wasting the energy in her neck, hurting it slightly. Snowdrops eyes began to widen as she felt as her tea was getting cold. She ended up drinking it quicker than before, trying not to waste the drink she took careful time preparing. Snowdrop finished her tea, and put the cup she had drank out of in the sink. Snowdrop looked at her clock, it was 10:00. Snowdrop did feel very tired and decided it was time to go to sleep. She walked to her bedroom and climbed into her bed.

"Good night Mom..." Said Snowdrop, talking to the picture of her mother.

She didn't cry this time. Which was a surprise seeing that Snowdrops own voice made her cry because of how close she was to her mother when she had that voice. She was getting old, so having that tone of voice for even an instant pulled her heartstrings slightly. She pulled the covers over her and noticed something wrong, her neck began to feel very stiff. She slowly turned her head to face the ceiling, hoping that it would relieve the pain in the least bit. It didn't work very well however as the pain traveled to her face and took a toll on her eyes. She began to see doubles of everything around her, trying to make something of it. She shrieked in fear and began to bawl, so much that she began to vomit all over her bed. The rainbow colored vomit spread everywhere, on the floor, on the bed, and on the pillow she was sleeping on. Her face began to get crowded with the multiple tears she was spreading all over herself. Snowdrops slightly blind eyes dimmed as she passed out in her bed. The last thing she could hear, faintly. Was the sound of a ponies footsteps trotting into the room where she was passing out in.

"Snowdrop.. we are here...snowdrop...SNOWDROOOOOP!!!!!"

The faint voice she heard faded as Snowdrop ended up falling into a coma, and looked as if she was too close to death. She was alive, but looked dead however. The pony who had screamed her name and pleaded for her to awaken was Princess Luna, she had heard the screams and cries of the Snow Pegasus and decided to aid her in her darkest hour. Luna began to cry, seeing one of her only friends begin to die, even though Snowdrop wasn't. Paramedics aided Snowdrop as they took her to the Royal Hospital in the castle of Princess Luna and Princess Celestia. Snowdrop was then laid down in the bed she was assigned to be rested in.

"Is she alive?, is our friend Snowdrop....dead?" Asked Luna, looking as if she was about to cry.

"Just barely, shes in a coma. It looks as if she will make it though." Replied the Nurse Redheart, who was treating her.

"We advise you, your highness. To leave this pony to rest, we don't want hopes or spirits to be crushed is all." Explained Nurse Redheart.

"W-Why yes... of course.." Said Luna, finally. She soon walked away slowly, crying silently. Making sure no one was noticing the Princess who controlled the night, was crying.

Snowdrop, meanwhile. Was beginning to enter a very strange and very watercolor like dream, she saw herself wandering through the place she dreamed she was in. She dreamed herself as a filly, like she was when she had to do the famous report that she had planned very briefly. She wandered more as she saw various images. She saw the ponies who had made fun of her for her very bad vision issues, and her beliefs in the snow falling from the sky above. She could tell that the dream was not going to end well.

Author's Note:

Based off the animation "Snowdrop", by SillyFillyStudios.