• Published 7th May 2013
  • 1,233 Views, 30 Comments

Love Is Like That - Sunny Days



Twilight gets a visit from a certain magial mare :P

  • ...
1
 30
 1,233

Chapter 3: A Close Encounter

Trixie awoke, finding herself laying on the couch, a purple blanket tucking her in. She smiled, happy that Twilight cared enough to not just leave her sprawled out on the couch, scrapbook in hand. She then remembered last nights events, and looked around for her scrapbook. She finally found it resting on top of her saddlebag with a note on the top.

Trixie,

I have gone out to the Couch and Quills store to see if they have any beds so you can have a permanent sleeping place, and not have to sleep on that old, uncomfortable couch. I have picked out a stack of books to read, and I trust you'll read them before I get back.

Regards, Twilight Sparkle

"A permanent sleeping place..." Trixie read out loud. Permanent? Trixie giggled. She hadn't had anything permanent for her whole life. It has always been one town after another, being ridiculed and upstaged. Trixie sighed and shook her head. This was no time to think about that, she had her studies to focus on.

Trixie looked around. Sure enough, she spotted a stack of books as tall as she was right by the bookshelves. Trixie sighed, as reading was not one of her favorite pastimes, and levitated the first book, Do You Have What It Takes To Conjure an Apple?, toward her.

She was halfway through 50 Shades of Neon: How To Change A Pony's Vision when she heard a loud knocking and nervous chattering outside the library door.

In her best Twilight imitation she said "Yes, what is it?"

"Uhm, Twi, Spike came over last night 'n told me that Trixie was right here in y'all's library. I thought he was just jokin' 'round 'till I saw her in y'all's window last night. I've been meaning to come by 'n ask you what's goin' on," said a pony in a thick western accent.

Trixie cringed when the pony mentioned her name like it was cursed. She knew that she had been rude to them in the past, but after what happened she swore she would never boast about her magic again. She's been trying to strive to make up for all of her horrible deeds by being respectful to every pony she meets. She debated with herself on opening the door or not, and decided not to. It would be better to meet them when Twilight was around.

Twilight. Not to long ago, Trixie had sworn her revenge on this name. but now, she could see why she had so many friends. She accepted her apology and even let her be her student for Celestia's sake! Trixie was really starting to warm up to her. She had spent nearly her whole life keeping to herself, trusting nopony. But now, now things were changing. It felt like she was a flower, and she was finally blooming. She had always striven to lead a social life, and have friends and stay in one place, and Twilight was really helping her.

"Oh, that wasn't Trixie, that was er... me-yeah, me, Spike must've been mistaken," Trixie said in her Twilight imitation.

"Oh, 'kay then. If ya need to talk, you know where to find me!" she said.

Trixie uttered a sigh of relief as she heard their hoofsteps get farther and farther away from the library. New ponies that wanted her dead were NOT something she had been looking forward to.

She decided to take a break to get some fresh air when the ponies, Twilight's friends she is guessing, are out of sight. She trotted outside, and admired the beauty of Ponyville. She has to admit she had missed it. The beautiful clear skies, the quaint, village look of all of the buildings, the flora and fauna. Her breath is taken away at all of the beauty. She closes her eyes, enjoying the moment, when she hears a familiar voice.

"Trixie? What are you doing?" Twilight let out a little giggle.

Trixie opens her eyes, smiling. "Oh Twilight, can't a girl have some fun?"

"It looked like you were put into a trance!"

Trixie laughed at this remark and made her eyes go cross-eyed.

Twilight rolled her eyes in a joking way and walked into the library, shortly followed by Trixie.

"You've read all of the books, I presume, no?" Twilight says, getting into business.

"Uhm...of course," Trixie replies, lying. She was almost finished, so it shouldn't make a difference.

"Okay then, show me,"

Twilight trotted to the far end of the library.

"Show you what?"

"Show me everything you learned how to do, and we can expand upon it as we go. Fire away," Twilight says, smiling.

"Oh, okay then," Trixie says, quickly trying to remind herself of all of the spells.

"Here goes nothing,"

Author's Note:

I'm going to be posting a chapter a day until I say otherwise :)