• Published 1st May 2013
  • 354 Views, 0 Comments

Lost Foalhood - Skywing the Mutant



What if things don't actually happen as they do? What if Skywing didn't meet her future employer at the gates of Canterlot?

  • ...
 0
 354

Prologue

Skywing watches the road to Canterlot as she trots along it’s path. Skywing is a yellow-green mutant pegasus mare with the appearance of a unicorn stallion. Her mane and tail are a mix of reef green and dolly yellow. Her cutie mark is a deep fir green hazardous material symbol and his eyes are caribbean green. She trots up to the entrance to the city meets to Royal Guards. ‘Okay another city, another chance. I hope nopony knows I’m a mutant.’ Skywing trots up to the city limits and the guards block her path.

“Halt.” “Who goes there.” Both guards speak interchangeably.

“Uh, Skywing. I just want a fresh start.” Skywing becomes nervous under her blank facade. ‘Shit, found out before I get into town.’ The guards fold their wings and Skywing trots into Canterlot, not without hesitating at first. She trots around as he looks for a back alley to call home all the while getting strange looks from local ponies.

Her search doesn’t last more than five minutes before a pony approaches her. “I’m sorry, but you look awfully familiar.”

“Is that a bad thing?” Skywing once again became nervous, this time under the eyes of a local pony. The pony’s eyes shrink as it backs up. ‘no.’

“Killer mutant!” The pony screams as it runs, causing a panic. Skywing bolts for the gate she came from as guards begin to chase after her. She jumps over a guard before she could T-bone her.

“You’re not getting away!” One of the guards yells as she tries to ram him from behind, though Skywing easily sidesteps her. She then jumps back and narrowly dodges a flying guard.

“I don’t care who you are or who sent you, I ain’t going with you” Skywing fails to notice the guard in front of her as she turns her head back around and hits her head on the head of the earth pony guard that jumped head first at her, shattering her horn. Skywing exhales and loses consciousness.

“Good work corporal. You’ve just earned your promotion.” One guard speaks to the guard who jumped headfirst into Skywing.

“Thank you sergeant major.” The corporal responds, rubbing his head.

“You two, take this scum to holding.” The sergeant major points to the guards who ran with him. The sergeant and corporal trot towards the castle, while the two remaining guards pick up Skywing. Ponies stare as the unconscious mutant is carried to the barracks, some speak quietly and others stare in awe occasionally some would smile. The guard trot to a large dull looking building with the symbol of the Royal Guards plastered in the center. As the two guards trot in, they are greeted by multiple guards preparing for their shift. Though none of them speak, many of them look up at Skywing as the two guards taking him to holding.

The guards trot up to one of three holding cells, then throw his seemingly lifeless body in. “So how long you think before a verdict is reached this time?” “Don’t know, nopony’s seen a mutant in years.”

Author's Note:

Mutation 63 is a cruel fate for a mutant that only has slight relevance in this story because of Skywing's name.