Adventures - AU 776 members · 1,445 stories
Comments ( 3 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 3

Hello,

I have an alternate continuity with one full length novel already posted in it, and another on the way, soon. It gets just nasty enough at times that I have to consider it grimdark, and both of the full-length pieces set in it have (or will have) gore tags. Now, I don't write a lot of fights or typical grimdark slasher fics, but when I do have something violent happen, it gets ugly.

What I mostly mean when I say "dark" though, is that my world is... Well, imagine if Lauren Faust, Hunter S. Thompson, and H.P. Lovecraft all got really high and started talking shop. There are some darkish sort of cosmic Sci-Fi elements, A lot of substance abuse, and the language gets pretty foul... but hey, there's ponies. Now, I've seen some stories posted here that are rated mature, but my stuff...

Well, there's nothing sexually explicit, but I have, for instance, a scene where Rarity is strung out on heroine. And when I say strung out, I mean waking up in bed with a syringe hanging out of her foreleg.

Yeah, it gets pretty ugly.

But all that does take place within the framework of an adventure, and it IS set in an alternate universe so...

Just wondering.

There's an audience for about anything. The trick will be in finding them.

Eh, I know that what I'm writing is, at best, esoteric. I'm not expecting to ever have an enormous audience. I get more likes than dislikes, but I think that might be a function of the mature filter, and people being polite. Honestly, I just want to know if I can post my stuff in this group. I'm just sort of putting it out there for people to read, at this point. If they like it, they like it. If not, oh well. I enjoyed writing it, at least.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 3