Looking for Editors 5,417 members · 3,383 stories
Comments ( 1 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 1

As of this post, I have most of chapter one done which can be found here. This is intended to be a Teen rated story focused on adventure, with profanity likely no stronger than shit, if even that much, also tagged with violence and maybe comedy. I do not know how long this story will be once finished, but I don't think any single chapter will be longer than 3k words.

This is Sunset Shimmer before she was reformed in the first Equestria Girls. So I want to write her as being power hungry and self absorbed. However, she mysteriously appears in the setting of Palworld, a survival crafting game with some dangerous creatures and people around. Sunset is likely used to living comfortably in the mirror world, so she's forced to adapt to an unfamiliar setting with skills she lacks at first. She will also need to cause violence, something she's not at all used to doing, only as a last result as she isn't a brute or thug.

She's transformed back in her pony form as if she was in Equestria. I debated between this and human form, but I think ultimately her being a pony can make things more interesting as it isn't something you can do in the actual game. I chose her evil self specifically because I think it would be very hard to justify the Pal treatments if done by a hero. Cozy Glow also crossed my mind as the central character with less restrictions than Sunset.

This is written in first person view. I'm mainly looking for help with not blogging the story down with lots of rambling thoughts from Sunset, or her basically repeating the same thoughts a lot even if she's her unreformed evil self. That could get boring very quickly if not handled correctly. I feel this ultimately makes the story a lot more interesting that she's willing to use Pals as tools and weapons instead of being friendly to them. She might not go as far as butchering them. Even her villainy must have some limits. I might not even have her kill any Pals or humans, just "knocking" them out. At least in the case of the Pals, I do want her to be likeable even if evil.

Knowledge of the source material, Palworld, is hardly required as I'll explain that with Sunset being a newcomer to the world learning it as she goes. No plans so far to introduce any other MLP characters.

How would this work? Someone PMs me? Perhaps in the PM we share our Discord accounts and chat that way? I'm willing to do that, but just making sure how this works. Ugh, I feel even this thread is a messy layout.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 1