Looking for Editors 5,416 members · 3,383 stories
Comments ( 2 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 2

This is to be a fairly ridiculous, comment driven story based on the card game, Twilight Sparkle's Secret Shipfic Folder, by Horrible People Games. Rated T for Teen. Tags are due to the ridiculous and outlandish nature of some cards, but any sex mentioned will not be graphically detailed, and said scenes will "fade to black" before things get going.

At the end of each chapter, the readers will be offered "Goal cards", "Pony cards", and "Ship cards". They get to choose from among the pony and ship cards to advance the story. Earning a goal card by steering the story into a certain outcome gives a number of points. When 11 points are reached, or the "finale" ship card is chosen (whichever comes first), the story will end. Only the core game deck will be used for this story, but if it gets popular enough, I'll throw in the expansions in a sequel. All of the cards in the decks were shuffled beforehand. I have no idea what's going to happen in advance. The things mentioned that Twilight thinks up in chapter 1 are referencing cards I drew at the start of the game for readers to pick from. Said cards will be visible in an author's note at the bottom of the chapter once I publish it here.

I've never tried writing a comedy before, so I'd like to know how I'm doing. But I think what I mainly need help with is making sure my writing style stays consistent and that scenes make sense in context. I already have Grammarly to help with spelling and the most basic of errors (I have the free version of the program), but an extra eye looking out for those too wouldn't hurt.

Is anybody interested?

google docs link

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 2