Action Stories 650 members · 1,438 stories
Comments ( 7 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 7

Alright everypony, well, right now I'm at a point in my writing where I'm nearing Derpy's training with the Order of Extraordinary Ponies (basically the Batmareverse's equivalent to the League of Asssassins). Right now I'm just covering her early training, nothing too advanced, but I figured it couldn't hurt to ask if any of you have any suggestions for ponified-names of martial arts? If I have to use the real-world terms for some, I will, but I figure there has to be some good ponified versions out there, and maybe some of you can come up with some names that I haven't. For example, Chengar Qordath has his Krav Pega in place of Krav Maga in his Winningverse, so, how 'bout the rest of you? Any suggestions for ponified versions of Tae Kwon Do, Judo, Muay Thai, Karate, Boxing, Jujitsu, Ninjitsu, etc.? I'm open to any and all suggestions and would love to see what any of you can come up with!!!

1165320 Karate is still Karate cannonly, Rainbow Dash is a black belt, so I doubt any of the other martial arts would change in name.

Yes, someone else just reminded me of that as well, and many are suggesting that trying to ponify the names would be just silly, so I'm leaning towards not ponifying them at all. Thanks for the reminder and feedback! :twilightsmile:

My favorites Martial Arts are Kung Fu (Xing Yi style), Karate, Pi gua quan, Tae Kwon Do, Muay Thai and Shinobi Ninjutsu... most of the martial arts' names mean fist or spirit or strength, so I don't think it would change that much from ponyfied versions of them

1165320 I agree that they would probably stay the same, but I believe the group you were referencing was the League of Shadows.

Comic books they're the League of Assassins, not the League of Shadows. I like both names, just thought I should use the more canonically appropriate one in that post. But good eye, good eye! :twilightsmile:

1166032 Thank you. And very good to know. I haven't gotten to read the comic books yet, so that is very helpful information.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 7