SALT Monthly Contest Archive 15 members · 11 stories
Comments ( 171 )
  • Viewing 151 - 200 of 171
Frederick the Saiyan
Group Contributor

374496 Just the pledge, basically. But then you get bragging rights!

Alright, I'll mark them. And yes, you are alone. I still had time to ponder what you were saying, while not getting bored. Pacing was good, and I want to know who the heck Minuette really is.

373137 Probably says something that I can't remember what I came up with... OH YEAH. Maybe. It's 3+N on the list of 'To Write,' where N are any good ideas I come up with. :pinkiehappy:

374618 ... You are a genius. Why have I never seen it before? Write it soon? Please? :fluttershysad:

Firebirdbtops
Group Admin

I will have to say a maybe for mine. it seems like something I would do further down the line, after I improve myself more.

Frederick the Saiyan
Group Contributor

374618 Ok, so, now that I've gone and read Princess Trinity, I'm going to agree: Don't do the NaPoNo with it. It needs time and care. I mean, you managed to make Chrysalis scary. CHRYSALIS. SCARY. That's some impressive stuff. Do the Bone one instead. :pinkiehappy:

D G D Davidson
Group Contributor

Problem is, I'm going to go get my ideas jossed if I don't hurry up with it. Especially since Princess Trinity is supposed to be set a few months after the wedding, and I've got big plans for Cadence.

Thanks for reading, and for the compliment. My depiction of Chrysalis is totally my head canon (eats her mates, lays hundreds of eggs, produces hallucinogenic goo), and I promise it will get even creepier. My changelings are nasty changelings.

Firebirdbtops
Group Admin

375790 I think that anything you write at all related to ponies during the month counts. so if you worked on princess trinity alongside whatever new project you start it will be part of your word count.

Aquillo
Group Admin

376747>>375790>>375785

Ok, so I know none of this is relevant to the current discussion, but...

HUGE FEATURE BAR, HUGE FEATURE BAR, HUGE FEATURE BAR!!!

Knighty, I love you :heart:

Frederick the Saiyan
Group Contributor

377136 Knighty's a good man. *wipes away a manly tear*

Firebirdbtops
Group Admin

377136 377179 375790 371281 362022 First of the month guys! That indicates another SALT fic should be started. I'm going to see what Raven has in store for us. Plus to all of us who are undertaking the (insane) challenge of NaPoWriMo, this is actually a reduction in work.

Firebirdbtops
Group Admin

Nothing yet, but I sent him a message to remind him.

Firebirdbtops
Group Admin

379859 Thanks. Where is your g-doc? I want to go see your progress too.

D G D Davidson
Group Contributor

379859>>379875>>377136

Well, I've released my first volley for NaPoWriMo: Mistress of the Night. I'm a little behind on my word quota, but hope to be caught up by the end of the day.

Firebirdbtops
Group Admin

387121 379859 377136 371281 362022 One of my stories is out too. Right here. On another note, you are back home Nagagon? I'm glad to hear your trip went well.

Finally, as I am sure you noticed, we have new members. say hi to them, and try to delay any hazing rituals you have dreamed up until after the welcoming party.:scootangel:

Hello there, since I don't have the time (or the willpower) to read through all this thread, can someone give me a quick summary of what happens here.

Nagagon
Group Contributor

I'm back in black! Literally. I like black, is a very nice color.

And hurray! We got fresh mea... I mean, newcomers! :pinkiecrazy:

Firebirdbtops
Group Admin

388517 Sure. Our normal M.O. is to hang around and chat, but there are two times when that changes every month. One is the first of the month when Ravensdagger sets us up with a prompt for a story. The other is, like this thread, a chance to practice for the first. We write a summary based on a prompt and have the others critique it. It helps us grow as authors and gets to be a lot of fun.

388562 Yes, it sure is.

Ha, finally i have evaded the dreaded bad gateway error 502, and made it to the tread.
Ok, so i should probably ask while fimfiction is still stable.

Weird intros aside, I would like to ask if someone would be wiling to pre read part of a fanfic I'm writing since its the first one I'm doing I would like some opinions on how its coming along so i know what to work on, and what to change.

P.S. If this is posted twice or something i blame the internet. Actually I'll still blame it even if it's posted normally.

Firebirdbtops
Group Admin

388714 Right. As for that, the main SALT site is a good place to start. I'll send you the link when I get back to my computer.

Nagagon
Group Contributor

That's what we're here for, mate: helping each other out. Just give me the link and I'll see what I can do :pinkiehappy:

Firebirdbtops
Group Admin

388714 Alright, here you go. http://saltblock.blogspot.ca/ That should help you out. You drop a fic on that site, edits happen. Just like friendship.:derpyderp2: Er, magic.

Aquillo
Group Admin

>You drop a fic on that site, edits happen.

But they only get posted when I'm alive, it seems.

Urrgh. Knew I should have stabilised the emails sooner rather than later. :twilightoops:

• Viewing 151 - 200 of 171