SALT Monthly Contest Archive 15 members · 11 stories
Comments ( 9 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 9
Aquillo
Group Admin

It's that time of the month again -- that special time when people may pinch and punch and tell corny jokes about Fimfiction Gold Accounts.

Srs, though, all hail Poultron. I look forwards to his benevolant rule as tear generator in chief.

Anyway, here's how this contest's going to go down. I choose three images and three prompts; you choose one of those over the next twenty four hours; that image and prompt pair are shipped off as the actual SALT contest thingy.

Let's go.

Prompt One: She Ain't Shellfish

I've seen images based off this meme bounced around a variety of places, but not too many stories. I figure it'd be cool if we could maybe possibly attempt to change that.

Prompt Two: In her Hoofsteps

Alicorn Twi? Alicorn Twi.

She needs exploration in a "this shiet is soon to be cannonical" sense.

Do so, pls.

Prompt Three: Like Clockwork

You don't get an explanation for this one. Bleh.

And that's it. If you think all of these ideas are terrible and just want me to try again, then say so and I will do so.

Aquillo
Group Admin

No votes~

No votes~

No votes~

Fine, then. Unless anyone else snipes me, we're having a contest about the giant crab. And I am going to write a story about it. And it is going to be somewhere between mediocre and alright.

Because that's how I do things.

Frederick the Saiyan
Group Contributor

837241 Actually, I think I could get behind Option 1. :trollestia:

ALL HAIL POULTRON!

Firebirdbtops
Group Admin

837241 I simply delayed my vote so you may be certain I was not lying. I am rather stuck between 1 and 3 though. I really want 3 if DGD is participating. Otherwise, 1 is my vote.

Aquillo
Group Admin

837657>>838934

Alrighty, then. Prompt One it is!

And oh man oh man, yesterday was... yesterday was bloody awesome. As a joke, it wasn't really anything special, but the comedy came from people's reactions, and the comedy was brilliant.

The only problem is we now have to share a site with these morons. Not the people who just fell for it -- being stupid isn't that comedic -- but for the grand group of idiots who recognised that they were being tricked and then persisted in being tricked. These people are worthy of mockery and their tears are indeed delicious.

We got to see the true face of FimFiction yesterday, gentleman. And it is covered in drool.

Puppo530
Group Contributor

So this is going to be the SALT Contest for April?

Aquillo
Group Admin

Yes. You are to write about the exploits of Rarity's struggle against the great crab. If you're joining the competition, that is.

I think the hardest part's going to be coming up with a reason for the Rarity-crab battle. I don't know about you, but I could personally write pages on her fighting the damn thing, so my main problem's just going to be getting her there.

Firebirdbtops
Group Admin

837657 840877 840681 The appointed time has arrived. Commence the crabvasion!

Here is my entry. Please try to buff out the stupid the author spilled all over it. Thanks!:rainbowlaugh:

Aquillo
Group Admin

Commented. Proceed as planned.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 9