Twishy 1,121 members · 504 stories
Comments ( 14 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 14
Doctor Proctal
Group Contributor

I know, I know. You've all heard this before from innumerable members of this group.

"Lots of other shipping groups have a folder structure. Every group does it differently, but there's usually something. Some groups also have folders for [shipped pair] as a background pairing, or only a couple of chapters focusing on it.

Have a look around the different shipping groups and see how they do it?" - barbeque

"The amount of stories has now reached over 100.

We could have a folder for multi-chapter stories, one for one shots and one for Darqfox's stories.

Or we could have a mature folder, teen folder, everypony folder and Darqfox's stories.

But seriously, Darqfox should have his own folder." - elmago02

"I agree" - FlutterLight

"I quite like the idea of a friendshipping folder featuring primarily the two as friends as well as a shipping folder with everyone and teen rated content (or seperately), and another for mature rated stories. That way, people can find soft fluffy romance easier, or something a bit tougher (or saucier when it comes to mature rated stuff)." - Fluttershy20

"I agree that we need some folders in this group, but I think that we should go with more of content-based, rather than just rating.

For example, a folder for stories that friendship the two, or a folder for stories that have the ship but not as a focus. Things like that.

Might help people find exactly the type of TwiShy they want to read." - Pegashush (...wait)

Now, I don't know about you guys, but I'm kind of sick of talking about doing something... yet not doing something. So, what I did was I spend the last hour or so compiling every TwiShy fic in this group into a single list with varied categories based on what I thought of that would be good at the time.

This thread is for discussion concerning what we should do with the Group Folders, as well as being a depository for my previously stated list, and suggestions to improve/change it. Please note, I have made notes as I wrote the list, so certain things, such as having or not having tag-content based folders, has already been considered. Please read the list carefully before pointing out something I may have looked over. I might have made note of it already.

TwiShy Group Fiction Categorized

THE PICK OF THE LITTER
(DECIDED BY GROUP VOTE/NOMINATIONS; should we have restrictions on what can be nominated?)
(for example,)
The Frozen North (DarqFox)

ONESHOTS
Flowers In Her Hair (Sunchaser)
Stormy Nights (Keaton_FlutterDerp)
Time and Warmth (DarqFox) (Two-shot, really, but hey...)
Letting Go (TwiliDragonRin)
Repairing Rifts (cealdra)
As Friends (Vicariousryo)
Twice Shy (Flint Sparks)
That Purple Ecstasy (Fanon Canon)
The Wraith (Pegashush)
Twilight's Strange New Illness (keulan742)
Their Hearts and Hooves in Theirs (Hivemind)
The Wrong Mare for the Job (Twinkletail)
Angels (Zaphod)
As Weed's A Price (barbeque)
Separation (Uncr3at1ve)
Delays (Nightroad)
I Will Lift You (ThaStrangr)
The Secret crush (TobbenNintendo)
Bittersweet (DarqFox)
An Angel's Happiness (Blue Dragon)
Love Letters (MysteriousStranger)
Sing It Out (DarqFox)
Facing Fears (DarqFox)
Pathway to Dawn (amazonessduo)
That Familiar Pain (Nightroad)
Of Life and Death (Taranasaurus0.0)
Timid Magic (Brandedahall)
Tower (TwiliDragonRin)
Love me... I mean, if that's ok with you. (elmago02)
The Wendersnaven (Esle Ynopemos)
Oh My... Did I Misread the Signs? (Blue Dragon)
Love Light, Sleep Tight (YayFlutters)
A Scarf and a Unicorn (YayFlutters)
Sharing a Blanket (YayFlutters)
The Ultimate Romance (TotallyNotAnyone)
The Perfect Gift (Kaii-Leiko)
Fluttershy comes out of the closet (Obscure)
Clandestine love (KevinBlu)
Dreaming My Life Away, Sorry (SMP)
Behind her pen name (DustShine)
P3 Project Episode 4: Starting Small (Bookish Delight)
Overthinking It (Tayman)
It's not too late (shadowsreached)
Picnic (Nixton)
Second Thoughts (DiscoBiscuits)

CLOP/SEXUAL (Should we include Clop/Saucy fics in with other categories? Will keep these stories off other categories for now.)
Twice Shy (Flint Sparks)
Shy guardian (cealdra)
That Purple Ecstasy (Fanon Canon)
This is Heaven (SLthethird)
Stars, butterflies, and a lyre (Spica)
'Arf!' (or 'Twi' and 'Shy's Heavy Petting') (darf)
Twilight's Ballad (I love you Dashie)
Dr. Fluttershy's cure for broken hearts. (cealdra)
As Friends (Vicariousryo)
Take a Break (DarqFox)
Calm Before the Storm (DarqFox)
Pushing Boundaries (DarqFox; is there something you want to tell us Darq?)
Despite All Odds (Nightroad)
The Perfect Gift (Kaii-Leiko)
The Untold Tales of Ponyville (Legible Audio)
Love Letters (Godofpie)
Pinkie Pie's Tasty Testing (Super_Big_Mac)

GENDERSWAPPED
Wants Become Needs (DWhay)

POLYAMOROUS
Their Hearts and Hooves in Theirs (Hivemind)
Angels (Zaphod)
The Elements of Love (flutterdash1)
The Elements of... love? (elmago02)
Everypony loves Twilight (Hankyhannah)

SERIES
Stars, butterflies and a lyre (Spica)
Eternal Love (pikachu sparkle)
Faith (Ninestempest) (Should we include seperate folders for series with multiple stories?)
Dreaming in the sky (Tinqer)
Twilight's Ballad (I love you Dashie)
Wants Become Needs (DWhay)
Twilit Butterfly (Jumpitydude)
Beauty, Books, and Butterflies (Rough_Draft)
To Be A Princess (iMarc89)
DarqFox's TwiShy Shorts (DarqFox [duh])
Love is Power I: Singing from the Heart (ThaStrangr)
Blind (DarqFox)
Once Bitten, Twice Shy (Wynneception)
The Elements of Love (flutterdash1)
Alone in the Night (BrainLapse)
Moving On (Redphienix)
Death at a Party (Joural)
The Elements of... love? (elmago02)
The Frozen North (DarqFox)
Impact (Pegashush)
The Butterfly Dragon: Legendary (DarqFox)
Pony Poetry Vol. 2 (DarqFox)
Starry Night (drvonkitty)
Potions Are Serious Business (Rough_Draft)
Fluttershy and the Library Cat (YayFlutters)
The Butterfly Dragon (DarqFox)
Northern Lights (MysteriousStranger)
Disease in the Darkness (Kaii-Leiko)
Despite All Odds (Nightroad)
A Bell's Sonata Magic of Love Part 2 (MysteriousStranger)
You've Got To Hide Your Love Away (GarlandGala)
Magic of Love (Mysterious Stranger)
A Simple Plan (The Young and Free Dragon)
Dumb (Dimondium)
An Expression Of Love (Fluttershy20)
Fluttershy's problem (Raiden296)
Arranged Happiness (cealdra)
Vacation in the Crystal Empire (Kaii-Leiko)
Books and Butterflies (YayFlutters)
In the Hour of Twilight (Blue Dragon)
A Lesson In Love (Gmoney24)
Everypony Loves (Kaii-Leiko)
Love Letters (Godofpie)
Equestrian Writers' Convention (HiddenBrony)
Too Intelligent to be Loved (Nikola of Tesla)
Growing Pains (Peroth E)
Unsure (Zaiker42)
Study Buddies (Samsara)
Eternal Bonds (Slictz)
Working Relationships (DiscoBiscuits)

DARK/GORE
Shy guardian (cealdra)
Importance (Dimondium)
Time and Warmth (DarqFox)

ABANDONED/HIATUS (Should we also have one for Completed stories? I would've added it, but I only considered it well into the list.)
Importance (Dimondium/YayFlutters)
Just Say It! (Pegashush)
Blind (DarqFox; imkiddingbtw)
Alone in the Night (BrainLapse)
The Butterfly Dragon: Legendar (DarqFox)
Pony Poetry Vol. 2 (DarqFox)
Starry Night (drvonkitty)
You've Got To Hide Your Love Away (GarlandGala)
The Untold Tales of Ponyville (Legible Audio)
A Simple Plan (The Young and Free Dragon)
Dumb (Dimondium)
Fluttershy's problem (Raiden296)
Vacation in the Crystal Empire (Kaii-Leiko)
Books and Butterflies (YayFlutters)
Love Letters (Godofpie)
Too Intelligent To Be Loved (Nikola of Tesla)
Unsure (Zaiker42)
Study Buddies (Samsara; sadly)
Eternal Bonds (Slictz)

DISAPPOINTMENT
Letting Go (TwiliDragonRin)
Oh My... Did I Misread the Signs? (Blue Dragon)
Growing Pains (Peroth E)

FRIENDSHIPPING

ANTHRO

SAD (Debating on removing Sad and Dark, considering that you can find those simply by searching the tag in the group folders)
Bittersweet (DarqFox)
Moving On (Redphienix)
Disease in the Darkness (Kaii-Leiko)
In the Hour of Twilight (Blue Dragon)
Overthinking It (Tayman)
It's not too late (shadowsreached)

UHM
The Ultimate Romance (TotallyNotAnyone)
What happens in Ponyville... (iJab)
The Colours of the Rainbow (DawnFade)

CRUISERS (THE SHIP SUPPORTS THE MAIN STORY)
Death at a Party (Joural)
Impact (Pegashush)
Second Thoughts (DiscoBiscuits)

CONTEST ENTRIES (ADDITIONAL FOLDERS FOR EACH CONTEST; perhaps one for winners only?)
Separation (Uncr3at1ve)
Delays (Nightroad)
The Secret crush (TobbenNintendo)
Bittersweet (DarqFox)
Love Letters (MysteriousStranger)
Sing It Out (DarqFox)

...That's a lot longer than I thought it would be. Oh well.

Now, let me give a little bit of an explanation for my logic for each category I came up with.

1. The Pick of the Litter was created as a showcase of this group's greatest hits. The Best of the Best, if you will. I chose the name for it based off of phrases that had similar meaning to "the best of the best," this one specifically due to the fact it relates to animals, and we all know how much Fluttershy likes animals. I figured having this be chosen by group votes would work best, as it would democratically decide what the best stories are.
2. One-Shots. Self-explanatory. Made this group so people who wanted to read a short, quick story could find one easily.
3. Clop/Sexual was because we have a decent amount of Clopfics on the rise from the group. DarqFox wrote like three of them, even. Some people might not want to read these, so a separate group was created for their sake.
4. Genderswapped was due to Weed's A Price and Wants Become Needs featuring Dusk Shine. Butterscotch only showed up in Wants Become Needs, but I have a feeling there might be more Genderswap stories on the way. Made this category just in case.
5. Polyamorous is because there are a fair number of stories that have Twilight shipped with Fluttershy AND somepony else, or end up being a big omniship, at least the way the story's going at this point in time. (I'm looking at you, elmago!)
6. Series is for the non-one shots. The stories that either have multiple parts... or have several stories as part of their plot, ala the Magic of Love.
7. Dark/Gore was created because there are a few stories that are pretty dark and/or contain gore in this group. Considering, like the later Sad group, taking this out completely, or just reducing it to Gore, as some people might not want their TwiShy lovings involving Pinkie turning someone into cupcakes. Food for thought. Sorry, that was punintended.
8. Abandoned/Hiatus. Several stories in this group (great ones, I might add) are either cancelled or hiatus. Instead of causing problems for the people reading them, who might read the story all the way through before realizing it won't update anymore, why not just tell them outright that the story's cancelled?
9. Disappointment I made as a sort of joke, but I later considered keeping it. The whole idea behind it is stories that disappoint you when it comes to the shipping. Like, either you read them and they hint at the ship the whole way through and it turns out nothing happens between them or you read the story and they throw the ship at you right at the end. (Damn you, Equestrian Writers' Convention!)
10. Friendshipping. From what I could see, there was only one real Friendshipping story in our group. However, there are other ones throughout the site that I personally have read. Some of them are pretty good even, like Be, which was released a few weeks ago.
11. Anthro, again, had the same logic as Genderswapped. A sort of just in case category in case we get more.
12. See the logic for Dark. Only difference is this has more stories in it.
13. Uhm was another joke, (Weed's and Library Cat) although it slowly became more of a list of stories I either couldn't understand why they were in the group or didn't read yet, therefore could not render judgement. Really, it's only Colours and What Happens that are there for that reason.
14. Cruisers, named for the Mass Effect ships that support Dreadnoughts. Would've used a real ship, but I couldn't find the specific type. Essentially, Cruisers are stories that have the ship in it, but the ship is either in the background, referenced in passing, or used to support the main plot. (Damn you, Equestrian Writers' Convention!)
15. Contest Entries is self-explanatory. Saw these on a few other shipping groups. Probably could have several folders within this one for every contest, perhaps having another for winners of the contests, even.

And there you have it. Thoughts?

I very much like the structure you've come up with. (Also would like to thank you for spending all that time working on this; really appreciate that.)

I especially like the idea of there being a "pick of the litter" type of set up, as a sort of recommended reading folder. Having it group-voted would be pretty cool, too. (Maybe there could be a thread created for people to recommend stories that they think should be added?)

I also would agree that if there's an abandoned/hiatus folder, that there should probably be one for completed stories as well. That way, should anyone want to read something and not want to wait for an update, that's readily available to them.

As for dark and sad... I didn't realize there was a feature that allowed you to search for tags within a group's folders. Looking at the main folder now, all I can do is re-organize the stories from date added, rating, word count, and last updated. Maybe I'm missing something? (Also, wouldn't anthro be included in this as well, since it has a tag now too?)

If the group plans to have a lot of future contests (which it seems like it will), I think it'd be cool to have a folder encasing those stories as well as the winning entries.

(As a last note, seeing my story in "disappointment" gave me a heart attack. Initially I thought that it was a "I had high hopes for this story but it ended up being terrible" type of shtick. :rainbowlaugh:)

Timaeus
Group Admin

You are my new favourite person. Darq and I have been talking about setting up a folder structure for TwiShy, but both of us have been so swamped with real life matters to do so.

Thank you for taking the time to go through each and ever fic to create this list. If you would be up for it, I'd be more than happy to make you a contributor and help us run this group. You've clearly shown that you're more than capable.

Doctor Proctal
Group Contributor

Thanks for the support, but really it was no problem. Kinda just started doing this because I couldn't get inspiration for the fic I'm writing, but you know how that is.

The group thread idea is good, perhaps for nominating and voting, so we can propose certain stories make the cut, and then everyone else renders judgement. Perhaps adding the restriction that you can't propose your own stories?

I was debating in my head over the Completed folder, mainly due to the question of how would we decide what should go in it? Technically, all the one-shots are completed, but then if we don't include those, should we just fold the Abandoned/Hiatus and Completed folders into the Series one? And should we add an Incomplete folder in there as well?

I must've been mistaken about that feature. Thought for some reason it was enabled, but I guess I was wrong. Still, debate over having a Sad/Dark folder is still valid. If we have one of them, should we have all of the available tags?

Mmhm, exactly what I was going for with the contests folder. DarqFox loves having us write, and having a log of all that writing would be helpful.

And yeah, your story ended up in Disappointment mainly because it teased Fluttershy X Everypony and had no resolution. Damn your comedic exploits! (Just kidding though, it was a really good story.)

Doctor Proctal
Group Contributor

I am honored that you think so. I'd be more than willing to help out, however most of my activity for the group would probably be restricted to the weekends. School's a great lot of fun. :unsuresweetie:

Timaeus
Group Admin

Done, you are officially a contributor to the TwiShy group. Congratulations!

I'll get started on sorting these fics later today. And as for the contest entries, there will be sub-folders for each official contest (starting with the August one) and then another folder labeled "Contest Winners."

Doctor Proctal
Group Contributor

Cool. Let me know if you need help with anything.

I'll keep an eye on this thread for now, see if any other suggestions pop up.

Yeah, I push off writing in favor of other things pretty often... Rarely for something as productive as this, though.

Agreed; people shouldn't be allowed to nominate their own stories. Personally, I don't think any other restrictions are needed, though some may disagree.

Hm... I think that by having a one-shot folder, it'd be sort of understood that they're already completed, you know? Though, if there's going to be an abandoned/hiatus folder and since we're debating a completed one, 'ongoing' rather than incomplete would sound better.

I think that most of the tags should probably be included. Romance would automatically be understood in all the stories outside of friendshipping, though. And in this case, maybe anthro and human could be merged into one folder (though I don't read much of either so I'm not exactly well-informed). The only problem I can see with adding all the tags as folders would be having too many.

And thanks! I'm glad you enjoyed the story. It was a lot of fun to write. :rainbowkiss:

Doctor Proctal
Group Contributor

Heh, I wouldn't call it productive, especially when you take into account I've got a report due in two days that I have yet to even start.

Yeah, some people might disagree. I was toying with the idea of perhaps having some restrictions on likes/dislikes, but then again nominations by the people would eliminate a real need for that.

True, true. Perhaps having Ongoing, Abandoned/Hiatus, and Completed all within the Series folder then? Might make things much more clean.

Having all the categories as folders, taking into account no Romance folder and having a single Anthro/Human folder, would add around 10 additional folders in total, 9 if we don't count Anthro, considering I have it listed already. While yes, it would be good to cover all of our bases, barbeque brought up a good point in a previous thread, stating that we might become overdosed with stories. Just look at the TwiDash group. They have over a thousand, and I'm pretty sure it's not a thousand unique stories.

Just look at the TwiDash group. They have over a thousand, and I'm pretty sure it's not a thousand unique stories.

^This. I'm fairly sure each unique story is in about 3 different folders there, and I still have to click through to the actual story to see if something is Friendshipping, Shipping, or they're a background pairing (which are, imo, the things people want to know when they're in a shipping group), because it's impossible to tell from the feed.

I think having a single Human/Anthro folder is fine. There's not that many of them, and before the Anthro tag was introduced, I always felt anthro was closer to humanized than ponies.

In other news: I like where this folder structure is going.

Timaeus
Group Admin

There are only about ~400 actual stories in the TwiDash group. By having multiple folders with each fic included in at least two folders (the all stories folder and at least one more), it adds up all the stories in all the folders. So while it looks like there are over 1,000 stories, there are really only around 400.

...which is still a lot.

Doctor Proctal
Group Contributor

Thanks to hear your support for my crazy little idea. I tried to consider that concept of having the type of shipping being visible when I was creating this list, but in the end I'm glad I tried to cover all bases rather than limit myself to one or two things. Your prior suggestions definitely helped me keep those in mind.

Yep, exactly my point. We need to tread that fine line between having a sufficient number of folders, but not having it so that we are so insanely blown out of proportion when you look at the number of stories on our group page. Hmm... perhaps adding a story count to the description of the group?

Hmm... perhaps adding a story count to the description of the group?

Nah. Nobody's gonna keep that updated all the time anyway. And sure, there's some duplication, but not a lot. The folder structure doesn't invite people to add their first 1005 word thing to 6 or so folders. (seriously I've seen 200k stories get put into just 1 folder, then <hi i'm new here> barges in and adds his 1005 word unedited garbage to 6 folders)

Doctor Proctal
Group Contributor

Good point. Long as we can keep it structured to a point, we should be fine.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 14