The Roleplayer's Guild! 180 members · 43 stories
Comments ( 51 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 51

(Ok just thought if I got the RP up more people will became interested. The signups are already up so go find them come back and start roleplaying. Man i really hope this doesn't have a shaky start.)
Dr.Beaker was on a boat along with other passengers of the S.S. Coltson as they began pulling into the Hoofington Harbor. Don't worry Beaker everything will be alright, soon you'll be in Hoofington working on that cur-. Dr. Beaker's thoughts were interrupted by the coughing of one of the passengers. Beakers paranoia was building by the second, maybe it was just a convenience Beaker thought as they pulled into the harbor bringing a whole new nightmare to Hoofington.

2818802 raincheck: d-don't worry dr. beaker we'll get ya to the compound quicker than spitfire!

Beaker took a look at the pegasus and smiled. He was somepony who said he can give him a ride to a special compound where he could work on cure for the.... disease quickly. In return Raincheck would feel like he was actually a hero for saving him and possibly all of Equestria.

2820015 feeling only slightly better seeing the doctors smile raincheck returned a sheepish grin.At least there wasn't a fuss at the docks today that coulda ended the docs trip before it even began.raincheck cringed slightly at the thought of how bad his hometown had become over such a short time. Desperate to take his mind off the rapidly depressing thought he tried to converse with the doctor keeping his attention mostly on the road.
raincheck:"s-so doc how long have you wanted to be a doctor?"

"Well to tell you the truth I didn't want to be a doctor, I was forced to be a doctor by family." Beaker said remembering all the night he would fight with his parents. Beaker came from a long line of doctors and lawyers that all wanted him to follow in their footsteps. What Beaker really wanted to be was a solider, somepony that fought for his country right on the frontlines.

2820162 "can't say I don't understand my old man was on me everyday least til i took this job. THEN! It was "when's my grandchild gonna get here?""ain't you found you a mare yet?""You ain't one of them furfure coltcuddlers ARE YA?" the last one was a no as was the second. Can't really keep a marefriend when ya barely make ends meet right?" The normally reserved raincheck found himself opening up to the doctor as if they were highschool friend raincheck himself attributed it to the doctors friendly demeanor and smooth accent.

Dr. Beaker looked at the colt a bit confused but after a bit he understood. "Parent troubles, am I right?" Beaker said with a warming smile.

2820679 "Yea course nothin a twelve hour shift and a cold cider can't help with right?!" raincheck was now engrossed in his conversations with dr. beaker so much so that he took his eyes off the road to make eye contact with the good doctor temporarily forgetting he was the one driving.

(Aren't we still at sea?)

2821044 (I've no clue i was following your lead so your call if yes i'll change that last thing to make sense i thought we skipped to on the way to the sparkle science and theory labs.)

2821743 (Ok we are in a car)
Dr. Beaker was laughing with Raincheck when he come back to his senses as they were speeding into a tree. "LOOK OUT!" Beaker screamed as they continued to speed towards the tree.

2821787 "WHOOH!" raincheck yelled as he tried to alter the cars course pulling on the wheel with all his might and somehow working the parking break at the same time the mass of metal screached to a stop although both passenger abd driver were seemingly unharmed it was several long adrenaline suffused minutes before raincheck meekly said."I-I-I s-s-sorry bout that! you ok doc?"raincheck glanced behind to try to assess the doctors condition.So much for a GOOD first impression! raincheck thought praying that dr. beaker was less shaken then himself.

Dr. Beaker stared at the Pegasus for the next ten minutes, with his over his chest a he began panting for air.

Comment posted by the one guy on the left deleted Feb 11th, 2014

Raincheck remembering who used the company car last checked the gloveboxTHANK YOU CRYSTAL! raincheck mentally blessed the pony here before him."hey mr. beaker drink some of this it'll help with that heart of yours."raincheck said in what he hoped was the most fatherly tone he could muster. "Sit tight for a sec. while i check out the damage." Inwardly scolding himself for causing this inn the first place.""bad news mr. beaker cars pretty good but radiators shot looks like we gotta hoof it from here good thing we met i grew up on these streets i know them like you probably know the bottom of yer on hoof!" raincheck declared in a somewhat proud manner.

Beaker took the drink and began feeling better "Alright lets get to the lab, we don't know how far the disease has spread." Beaker said while getting out of the car.

2823191 "Alright follow me." raincheck says with uncharacteristic surity and finality as he ducks into a allyway.

Beaker followed with complete belief in his companion to get him to the lab quickly enough to get this nightmare over.

2823351 "hold up." Raincheck called as he peared around a corner and spotted a few ponies in the allyway following his gut he quietly told the doctor."There's a few ponies this way we're going to use the fire escape and roofs to avoid them if your in good condition we should be able to make it to mane street easy."raincheck couldn't tell if the ponies were these "monsters" he had heard about but he wasn't about to take a chance. As he quietly flew the three inches he needed to reach the fire escape he heard a sound that send a chill down his spine CREEE "RUN!" he yelled at the doctor knowing full well everyone living or otherwise was about to flood the allyway.

Dr. Beaker was running with Raincheck until he was just tired of running, "Raincheck, I don't want run anymore." he said pulling out his pistol. "I'm ready to fight if you are?" Beaker asked with a slightly sadistic smile.

2824787 raincheck almost couldn't believe the doctors statement looking around for a option that simple wasn't there "fine" raincheck said in a slightly defeated tone."but we do this smart if those things are attracted by noise then we gotta go street on em."*hands dr. beaker his nightstick* "aim for the head if nothing else it will buy us enough time to find an exit i don't exactly relish fighting but if we must*pulls out brass horseshoes* then let's make it count remember guns only as a last resort!"he made a point to emphasize the last part of last resort.As he prepared for what he thought would be his last act in equestria his mind wondered back to his childhood he was five and learning to fly his dad w

2829226 (Sorry for the delay I had class.)
Dr. Beaker smiled as he held up the nightstick, he didn't quite know it but deep down he really liked the sight of blood. Dr. Beaker was almost always like this deep, deep down, sometimes this feeling was able to come out at the worst of times. "Alright Raincheck my good friend lets have some fun." he said with his sadistic smile growing larger as instinct start to take over the poor Professor.

Comment posted by the one guy on the left deleted Feb 11th, 2014

(Dr. Beaker didn't say that out loud.)

2829967 (he didn't say "Alright raincheck my good friend lets have some fun." With a growing sadistic grin sorry ill delete my post.)

2829764 "Remember only engage if their in you way." Raincheck had seen the look on the doctors face before he knew more thab a few colthood friends that wore that smile right to their graves.Not this time, the docs too important wether he likes it or not I'm getting him to the lab...even if it kills me! raincheck gave his unspoken vow he would bring the doctor to the compound but where can they go now? As raincheck futher examined his surroundings he noticed the street sign was hope street then his lips curled as he got a diabolical plan one that could help them but could he do it?"hey doc!" raincheck called to get his attention "i know somewhere we can go and grab some food while we're at it."smirking as his plan took shape in his head.

(He did say that part that part, but everything else with the blood no.)

Dr. Beaker looked at him confused he wasn't hungry, but he decided to go anyway.

2830143 (i changed what i said does. this work better?)

2830177 excellent!raincheck silently blessed whichever goddess granted him his luck"down this way is my old alma mater we can rest get a bite and if jackknive is here we may have a set of wheels." knowing the prospect of rest and transportation would keep the doctor with him he turned his mind to step twNow all i have to do is let the doc rest up then we can bolt even if they come under attack my responsiblity is the doc not everypony else trying to spare them is useless if the zombies don't get them other survivors will so long as they don't have guns we should be able to overpower them if it comes down to it. I may go ahead and shoot jackknive anyway skids wouldn't let this happen to me so i'll give his brother the same mercy.o.

Beaker walked with him, the feeling from before beginning to subside. Beaker went with Raincheck finally calmed and collected, "Hey Raincheck, what was life like living here." Beaker asked curiously.

2830426 raincheck pondered a bit before answering "pretty much like it is now somepony always living off of another but there were and still are a few examples of community fellowship like father white wing he was a preacher in the local church 'mah childred do not lose faith for someday there will be a reconing' he'd always go on about that but he was very kind then you got momma tubs we called her that on account of her running a soup kitchen even though she ain't got no pot so she be servin straight outta that tub of hers...and then there's crystal,crystal heart now her name was taken from a hunk of rock but i tell you if there ever was a angel in equestria it would be her matter of fact she's the one that stuck that water in the glovebox ya been nursing sure hope she's ok."raincheck bowed his head slightly imagining how cross she would be if she knew what he was planning.No time for regrets now i made a choice now i'll have to live with it! I can't break now if i do we're both dead i can't, i won't!

Beaker nodded and smiled "Well I guess it seemed like a nice place." Beaker said smiling at him with the most warming smile Raincheck has ever seen.

The pair suddenly hears the roar of an engine, and an armored humvee came rolling down the road, stopping bexide them. A mare in combat dress hopped out. "You boys look like you need a ride. I just so happen to have room in the back if you want. Sorry, I'm Captain Winter Snow of the NLR. What are your names?"

2831783 "raincheck sparkle labs security and this is dr. beaker how's the road? any news from outside or elsewhere?" raincheck sensing a chance to learn the fate of his friends or at the very least how the compound was holding asked.crystal you better be ok!he thought as he began to grin a little the thought of those monsters running for their lives because one stepped on a ladybug threatening to make him burst into full manic laughter.

Road's good. Unfortunately the disease has spread to over 70% of the globe, and countries are burning bridges and closing borders faster than breeding rats. I've only just arrived from the N.L.R.S Titan, an NLR aircraft carrier. Hopefully we'll get backup to secure the city soon. So, you want a ride or not?(gtg, bye)

2831904 (Sorry for the delay basketball practice gotta get ready for playoffs.)
Beaker looked at his companion and turned towards the mare "Alright lets go." he said hoping that some new scenery shall help him clear his thoughts.

2832183 looking to his companion raincheck says hop in doc." The flat tone with witch he spoke told volumes about him and the decision he had reachedif she can get us to the compound there's a chance we can still turn this around.*climbs in the back*"sparkle science and theory labs virul complex G-block and step on it!" Raincheck gave one of his frequently growing 'no buts' looks as the three got situated.(catch you guys tomorrow.)

2832286 (no prob but uh i kinda went ahead and put us together sorry!)

(yup just not right now)

2837297 (kudos if you would like to start us off today makes sense since your driving.)

"Alright, to the labs we go!" Winter drove at breakneck speed, and it looked like they would crash so many times raincheck post count, but each time she swerved out of danger each time. They saw the labs about two miles ahead.

2837412 "WE'RE GONNA MAKE IT!" raincheck could barely contain himself seeing his workplace come into view his heart soared.Finally things are looking up crystals probably gonna ring my neck and mock is surely gonna rip me a new plot for ditching the company car but who cares it's almost over! The thought along with his peace of mind shattered upon sighting the numerous infected at the gate."somethings wrong."raincheck called to his companions."damn wrong." he muttered under his breath.

Winter frowned and let up on the gas. "Can someone get on the turret mounted on the roof? Just stand on that platform between the seats and open the hatch."

Dr. Beaker looked at the cage and said "Their usually ain't that many of the infected around the perimeter of the gate, is there?"

2837635 "no doc,no there ain't." the grim prospect of the implication were not lost on either of them."Hey snow! Care if i man the gun?" he asked a devilish grin on his face."keep you eyes open doc things are about to get...toasty." *music for flight of the valkarie starts playing*

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 51