The Roleplayer's Guild! 180 members · 43 stories
Comments ( 53 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 53
Lost In A Vacuum
Group Admin

I hate seeing stuff get moldy and stale, especially something I put some effort into, so this is just me shouting to the horizons: ANYONE OUT THERE!?

Seriously, I got some ideas (well, one main idea, but with a decent amount of depth) that are just sitting in my old notebook and I'd like to see if they could survive the light of day somehow. If anyone's interested in doing anything, simply let me know. Let's see if we can't breathe a little life back into the ol' Guild!

Also, if you're feeling like the rules are too restrictive to truly get creative with what we got (or if you have any qualm at all), then by all means, consider this a discussion thread as well. I wanna see this place get back into gear any way I can.

yeah, im here. i dont know about other people, though.

Lost In A Vacuum
Group Admin

Hey, I'm actually surprised to see you guys still hanging about. So what say you? Wanna try to get back into gear, just like old time?

i dont see why not. whaddya have in mind?

I have been lurking in the shadows, waiting for people to come back. Good to dsee you guys!1738424

Lost In A Vacuum
Group Admin

It's nice to see there's still a good amount left. Things kinda took an odd turn when I last was here, but now, I've got things back in order. Hopefully this will mean something good for times to come.
Well, it's a bit like Strange World's premise, only more condensed, in a sense. Instead of all these myths and legends and such living all on this one world, there'd be an "Energy", though it's not really any singular entity, really, but whatever it is, it occasionally brings into the normal world very odd, very dangerous things. Whether it intended to, or it's just acting out randomly is up to whoever gets caught up in the actions of the Energy to find out.

I planned it to have governmental conspiracies, psychological monsters that are similar to the spawns of H.P. Lovecraft, an evil Carnival of Doom and other, bizarre things of the like. That's just the basic premise, for now. I even was planning to get some playing systems in it, too. But that's for another thread.

Indeed. Well, i'll see what i can do when it starts up.

1738610 so, basically like a SCP?

Lost In A Vacuum
Group Admin

Alright, I'll keep you on speed-dial.
In a sense, yeah. Only there's no real fighting force made to contain the beings. They just go around and make things extremely inconvenient for everyone.

Ok... Iteresting. i'll keep an eye out.1738667

What did you have in mind?

1738610 Should totes drop some space missions in der, brah. :trollestia:

Lost In A Vacuum
Group Admin

I already posted a little bit about it here: 1738610
What do ya think?

You never know, man.

1738995 Sweet black baby Jesus, I could totally be down for some space action! Pretty sure the Space Core would be down for that as well :rainbowlaugh:

Not sure. Seems like it would be too much jumping back and forth between worlds. Try something a bit.... simpler. In my absence, I've made a cast of new characters. I think you'd like them.

Lost In A Vacuum
Group Admin

Well the idea is still kind of in the works, but I don't think it'd be something like Cowboy Bebop. We can, however, get something set up if you really wanna do something like a space opera.
Well, for my original idea, I'm pretty sure it'll stay on one planet, and if someone ever does go into the great abyss, there will have probably been a lot more crazy crap that happened prior to the launch. I'm not quite sure what timeline it'll be in, but I don't think it'll be super futuristic.

Lost In A Vacuum
Group Admin

Also, what's this about some new characters?

Lost In A Vacuum
Group Admin

Pretty good. A good amount of these guys could easily fit in the universe of whatever I'm gonna name this RP. Feel free to use any of them, I'd just like it if you added weaknesses (like what Golden Dawn had, phobias and the such) to whatever characters you wanted to use. You know, in case we ever dive into the more psychological stories.

Other than that, they're an all around nice cast.

They don't have weaknesses, because they don't have strengths. A zero-to-zero ratio. They have no special talents, and thus, no special weaknesses.

Lost In A Vacuum
Group Admin

Okay, I guess I could work with that. There's still plenty going on that I don't really need to create a 'Nightmare-realm' or anything like that. I hope you like clowns, though.

1739493 Nah, I wasn't really thinking "Cowboy Bebop," persay, but more of a horror RP, space elements included, but whatever's good really. I need something interesting to keep my mind occupied, in the meantime... :rainbowlaugh:

You don't mind a little NSFW stuff, do you?

Lost In A Vacuum
Group Admin

Nope, no prob by me. I'm sure we're all at least somewhat adult, here. Just gotta make sure that everyone else is fine with it, too.

I know. I like romantic clop, anyway. Nothing non-consensual or erotic.

1739710>>1739762 I'm only 6....

Seriously?! What the hell are you doing on a clop-infested site like this?!

1738424 *Crawls out of a hellhole*
Guys! Guys! I just came out of the best parties I've ever been to!

1739908 Nah I'm turning 18 so I was just introducing myself in a funny way.

Dude, not funny. I had a feeling you were lying, since most six year olds don't know how to spell yet, but it wasn't funny.

1739955 Awww... why not?

So, this is active again? Awesome!

I am in a coma, but still here. Might not be able to talk with anyone or anything

I'm here. I still haven't participated in anything but I'm here.

Lost In A Vacuum
Group Admin

Well, hopefully you do find something that fancies you. Good to know you're still on the ride.

Perhaps Helios again? I am quite used to his character after all.

Lost In A Vacuum
Group Admin

Hmm, might be tricky. This isn't going to be a super-futuristic setting, so getting an eyebot to fit in the picture might be hard. You sure you couldn't use maybe a normal pony. Heck, I'll even let you be a cyborg, of a lighter variety. I'm just trying to make things a little easier on my part.

Well, i do have a seapony spy...

prometheus, i think. He was in one of the other RPs that died.

Lost In A Vacuum
Group Admin

That's alright; I gotta ask, though, can he survive out of water? If not, he might be rather limited in a few of the scenarios. Just as a fair warning.

No, but he has a bubble of water that he floats around in powered by an amulet on a necklace. It's also how he actually moves on dry land.

Lost In A Vacuum
Group Admin

That can work just fine then.

I went looking for some artwork the GM drew of him, but i couldnt find it. Oh well.

Lost In A Vacuum
Group Admin

It's alright, once I finish adding the final touches to the character sheet and such, you can better visualize him in the bio and appearance section. A picture's not really necessary.

right. i just thought it looked kinda interesting

The ride never ends

Flutterguy 26
Group Admin

1759083 I'm in. I'm actually about to do a major clean up around these parts. Things are getting very stale, gonna kick anything that hasn't had an update in the last 2 months.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 53