Comments ( 7 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 7

To word it better, has anyone seen or considered an audio adaptation of the series or its spin-offs? Thinking itd be cool to try something with Lunar Rebellion or Freeport Venture.

There are definitely audiobook-esque readings floating around (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PBWhzO21TC8).

Although if you mean something more along the lines of a radio drama, that sounds like it would be a lot of fun.

Comma-Kazie
Group Contributor

Oooh, that would be fun if we could find someone who could pull it off.

Hm, it would definitely be easier to find a voice cast for the Lunar Rebellion, since excepting Celestia, we won't have to try to find voices that match the canonical voices (because people are definitely going to throw a fuss about that), and I'd rather the voice be expressive than imitative (a sound-alike isn't going to be much good if they can't emote as needed).

Although are we just talking audiobook-style reading, or a full-on adaptation?

And I think it might be easier to full-on create an independent short-story (or series if you're really determined) instead of just adapting one of the existing work, which may not be too friendly to a different format.

All that said, I'd be all for it. Anyone has experience working audio files?

5649598 Wicked :rainbowkiss: I need to check that out.

5649864 If this does become a thing, I'd say start off slow and adapt an existing story with a voice cast. Balls-y if we aim for effects and music like Big Finish. Then we can see what goes on from there.

I've got some experience with Audacity. Intermediate, but I can give it a shot unless someone else here is more qualified.

I'm not sure whether an adaptation or somehting new would be easier to script (as I'm not a writer in any capacity). That being said, I'd love to provide my voice for something like this.

Audacity and the other programs would work for certain. Bear in mind, though, it'd be a massive project that would take hours of work to pull off even with all the software. Remember there's a reason why the youtube narrators try to use as few extra voices and sound effects as possible, and most of the main Winningverse fics are really long...

That said, if anyone actually has the free time to do it...well...go for it!

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 7