Fluttershy 2,924 members · 4,017 stories
Comments ( 11 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 11

The irony behind people saying that Discord commenting Fluttershy is his “favorite” in part 2 of “The Beginning of the End” testifies FlutterCord being canon is that, in the long run, bringing back Sombra was part of Discord’s plan to boost Twilight’s confidence as a ruler and her friends’s confidence as protectors. He only said Fluttershy was his “favorite” because he knew Sombra would target her after he said that, and he only faked being hurt to convince the Main Six that they don’t need him to defeat Sombra.

I can’t help but wonder how FlutterCord fans must have felt about getting a slap in the face in the long run because of this.

No part of this is ironic in the slightest

And what makes you say that?

Because irony has a definition that does not align with the scenario you described.

Still, if Discord was in love with Fluttershy, why would he nearly put her at risk? Or go behind her back on more than one occasion?

I really don't care, just learn how words work and stop trying to start a fight.

I'm very certain him taking the bullet, so to speak, was always part of the plan. Besides, as far as I am aware, the only time Discord turned his back on Fluttershy was when he teamed up with Tirek and even then he turned his back on every single pony in Equestria so that doesn't count.

Buuuut that's my opinion.

Well, he did also send Fluttershy and the rest of the Main Six on a wild goose chase in “A Matter of Principals”, and they came back worse for wear.

Didn't hear Fluttershy complaining.

And yes, I am aware my argument may sound childish. :derpytongue2:

Didn't hear Fluttershy complaining.

She’d normally keep her negative feelings on the inside more than anything. That, and her friends pretty much spoke what she thought in her head.

I dunno about that. From what I recall, she has gotten better at speaking her mind in the later seasons.

Plus, she has gotten assertive enough to tell Discord off for trying to throw Tree Hugger into another dimension.

And just to lighten the mood, this isn't Pony Life so her friends can't use the Telepathy Potion to know what she's thinking and therefore speak what she's thinking. :rainbowkiss:

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 11