Queen Chrysalis 65 members · 94 stories
Comments ( 5 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 5

I'll get straight to the point.

Most fics I've read put the changeling society to a negative light. I see them often being one era back in technology, using feral and primal societal forms, corrupt to the bone governments e.t.c.

Generally I see changelings used as an excuse for people to go all "Darker and Edgier". While I am not necessarily against it I've grown bored of reading the casual "Changeling society is bad/hive mind oppression" fics that depict the ponies as saints in comparison and generally put the ponies at the feet of "Pony Master Race" while the changelings in general are pictured as Chrysalis's
"Henchmen" "Servant race" or "Clone Army" call them whatever you want. Giving the excuse for the few "Special little snowflakes" to deviate and lead the way to the merciful ponies.

Now this isn't a thread about how about you're wrong or stuff. In fact there are fics out there that are quite interesting to read in that perspective, and I certainly don't shut myself from reading them. But at times... I get tired.

So I am looking for something "Interesting" per say... to read. I am looking for stories, or at least YOUR interpretation of a changeling society that is admirable.

Do they practice philosophy? Arts? Do they use the hivemind as a family? Does solidarity work with them? Are the changelings superior and why?

When you respond to this thread do reply to this post so i get notifications. I will also likely copypaste this thread somewhere else.

I wrote a story where the changelings sort of ban love and the law is super strict. I guess you could call it interesting

I took a crack at it once, making an actual kingdom cause I saw way too much hivemind fics. In my version, they all live underground in colonies similar to ants, where the upper class live closer to the surface and the lower live deeper. They have their own cities with shops, bars, hospitals, etc. The changelings act pretty much like any pony, going about their day, working jobs, complaining about taxes, except they are very xenophobic (except diamond dogs, they run into them often and have a neutral standing with them), which is why they live underground in the first place. Changelings have good morals, but they live under very unique circumstances. Some changelings grow moss and glowing mushrooms on the walls of colonies for food, but a good bit of their physical diet consists of other bugs, preferably friend or grilled. They're still a bit behind on technology and education, but that has been improving since they've been stealing stuff like radios and textbooks from Equestria. Making movies is a big business in the kingdom because there are so few and they are more accepting of sexuality expressed in books, paintings, movies, etc. (Mainly because I see them as sucubi, so given their sexual nature, they are much more tolerant toward it). Changelings often have their own opinions about this and that, but all respect the queen, seeing her as their savior because of her power that protects them from intruders and her cunning helps them harvest love.

Queens, living in the grand palace in the capital city of Bugartha, are top of the political pyramid and right under them is the Changeling Council, basically a congress/supreme court consisting of only five changelings that only step in to clarify laws or to ensure the queen acts within the scope of her authority. Queens, also called royal changelings, live up to a thousand years and have natural hair for mains and tails. They can only give birth to more royal changelings, which are only female. The birth of every new royal changeling brings a week of celebration as their birth rates are very low due only they can only marry once for children as not only have many long living changelings around fighting for over the crown would be detrimental for the kingdom, but to limit how many families get royal status from having one member being made king. Life after losing a spouse is difficult for queens, which is why they have strong bonds with their daughters, although relation between sister often when the queen cannot rule any longer. Because life without another lover is difficult given their lifespan, queens keep many concubines and many precautions are made to ensure there are no accidental pregnancies. Royal changelings have great physical strength and magic that can be made stronger with love, even to where their chitin is as hard as iron.

Changelings generally mind their own business other than getting love or partaking in fun activities like amusement parks that are not available back home, but when things get desperate, the become desperate.

5139131 aw? Can I have a link?
5139131 Interesting but... Why no Kings?

5141218 https://www.fimfiction.net/story/322379/doing-dirty-work
Also it isn't finished yet,haven't really edited but other than that it is pretty good.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 5