Dark 3,771 members · 8,368 stories
Comments ( 11 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 11

I got the urge to reread a fic but either I forgot to add it to my favorites or it's been removed. Any help appreciated.

The basic summary is that the main character is possessed by a remnant of the Nightmare. Every night every other pony except for him is forced into sleep and he gets relentlessly chased and assaulted by monsters until the sun comes up again.

A few other details. The main character is a janitor or cleaner of some sort, there was a scene where he has to fight a scarecrow monster in the Apple's barn and it ends in the barn burning down, and there's a scene where he had to escape a hospital after the first or second night.

My memories of it are a little sketchy so hopefully someone else read it. It wasn't a very popular fic at the time if I recall correctly. It wasn't finished either.

Didn't know that existed tbh. I'll take a look but it's still kinda needle in a haystack. I've already been looking for a while so I was hoping I'd get lucky.

I havn't heard of that one yet.. but if it is found it would be interesting to me as well.. as it sounds quite interesting

God damnit, now I want to read it...
Ok for starters, how long ago did you read it or when was the first chapter published?
Were the ponies anthro?
Was it a crossover, self-insert or Anon?
What were the main characters?

https://fimfetch.net/story/121524/bump-in-the-night

Found it! It did end up getting removed and it never did get finished :(. Shame. Hopefully it's as good as I remember.

At this rate, I'm probably gonna have to start up a thread to help people get acquainted with fimfetch: that way, we won't have to worry about choking up the site's bandwidth with the same similar questions at hand...

Go for it. I'd never heard of it before so I worked with what I had. Didn't break any rules and there's precedent in this very group so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 11