Dark 3,770 members · 8,363 stories
Comments ( 12 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 12

I have made this post on an another group am in, am sharing this so I can get the best out of it and to finalize it and get a finale build. I already have a bit of the first chapter that will set things in motion now the monster just needs some touches.

Now, I had gone through a lot of illustrations of how it would be. including the ideas people have suggested to me, this is hoping for a general build of how it will attack and behave.

context
it is a supernatural being much like a ghost. I plan to have it get stronger over time in Equestria, consuming the pony's that it encounters. thriving in enclosed spaces such as buildings and the like, able to twist it around leaving its prey with limited escape routes.

it is not perfect by any means, plotholes can fill up in time. that is why am asking around, I want it to be powerful but not where it is unbeatable at the start. start it off weak and build it from there, however, I am fixing on the mind games. literally making it's prey question what is real and generating fear. the story will have the mane 6 and spike be the focus, but there will be side characters that will fill the role of showing what can happen with the chance of them dying to the being.

now every one of them will die and some will survive. now I also have its own world planed out where it will be able to bend to its liking, of course, that has its own issues but they will be figured out in time. now behavior-wise is a tricky one. I have thought of making very active during the night and areas that are dark. I was making it be weak to light but that would make a good chunk of plot holes. so I decided it be better than that it does a bit of mind games, driving more to question what is actually happening. now night is a different story as it can temporally change the surrounding completely. pushing more fear and being able to attack directly. being able to ambush in rooms and in narrow corridors be able to charge at them as escape is limited, being able to force open doors if their prey doesn't hold them back.

it can be frightened off but killing it would not be possible. sorry for the word vomit here but this is the general idea I have for it right now for my next story. if you have any ideas to improve it post a comment and I'll take a look. have a good day:pinkiehappy:

sorry for the grammar, it's not the best haha

and to clear things up it is a horror story so dark elements will be a part of it if anyone asks about that

7212236 Here's a suggestion:
The ghost is Twilight Sparkle. She hates doing this to fellow ponies, but it's the only way.

The world they live in is not real. They've all been captured by Changelings and are wrapped in cocoons. Only by the most extreme of fear can they wake up.

At the start, only Twilight wakes up and figures out how to enter and exit dreams, and how to manipulate them. She hopes to free ponies one by one until they can all escape together from the cacoons.

If you do it this way, people will cheer for your character, despite it being 'evil'.

oh, that is neat and sounds like an interesting idea for a story, hmm actually I may shift it then. hmm attacks would still be there but i will need to put an even stronger focus on erevment manipulation than I had a plan. this is good, hmm fear wise still will need work. but as well wouldn't that leave the plot hole with luna she can enter dreams as well. hmm

7212278 Hmm, that would work even better. Luna has to be the ghost. After all, her trying to save ponies through dreams is canon.

She's the one trying to save everypony by scaring the shit out of them.

And the bending of 'reality' the victims see... They're actually seeing the glimpses of the actual reality from within their cocoons.

Oh, and the victims keep hearing the whispers, "I'm sorry...", "I'm sorry...", "I'm so sorry!"

The reader doesn't know the truth at first. But you keep dropping hints all over the place until the final reveal.

It will be glorious! Horsefame awaits you!

that will be difficult for a beginning writer like me but I probably figure something out. i love reading and writing so I'll try my best

7212323 If you like reading and want to see how to transition from fake reality to the real reality in writing, I have an example for you (read only the second chapter without reading the first one, that's how the story was originally published).

What if it copied the memories and traits over from other beings its consumed, driving it insane?

hmm, I don't know. am open to having it act somewhat pony as the body shape will affect that but have it be more animal-like. am open to all sorts of ways to make it stand out. though I may use the luna idea that bad dragon suggested, but we need this to be scary and to still fear to where it isn't obvious

Either way, good luck with your writing! :twilightsmile:

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 12