Dark 3,768 members · 8,326 stories
Comments ( 7 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 7
Dark0592
Group Admin

And now that the idea of pinned threads has come up this is where I will be placing my reviews.
these will be reviews of stories you send me, ones I have read and, if you guys want me to because someone actually suggested I review one of them, possibly my own stories.
So keep on sending in your stories to my inbox, and also stories you just want me to review. Those who have sent yours in I'm either still debating or getting to them.
Until next time, farewell my friends

Dark0592
Group Admin

And here was have Horse Voice's The Writing on the Wall
Let's start with the review
I normally don't like daring doo fics, but when this appeared in my inbox it interested me. And rightly so, it was a rather good read.The grammar and spelling and overall execution of it is near perfect, but it does have a very major flaw.
the ending is so incredibly inconclusive it's like it's just the prologue to an even bigger story. A potentially incredibly large tree of storyline was put into place and then just suddenly stopped. It could go on for at least another ten chapters, but like I said there's nothing wrong with the story itself.
Personal opinion, I enjoyed the read but I really wish there was more, The story has so much room for expansion it's cringeworthy how it ended.
go read it if you enjoy short little interesting things with an ending so open if it was a stripper she'd be called big bertha

Never really looked at any Daring Doo fics, sounds like I might have to start with this one.

I was afraid of that. Anyone confused by The Writing's ending should read this.

So yeah, the only possible continuation would be this.

Dark0592
Group Admin

1654982 not saying it's a bad thing, I just really hate super open ended endings lol. Although, you built it up as if there was going to be much more content, and then suddenly ended it so it wasn't exactly the smoothest of endings but I still like the story.
and whether it's based off of something or not, unless it's a sequel, you shouldn't need to read something else in order to understand

The sad part is, originally the ending was a lot more clear. But when I sent it to EqD, the prereader told me to make it more obscure. So now, every time someone doesn't get the ending, I have to post that link.

Publishers. They'll drive you nuts. :pinkiecrazy:

Dark0592
Group Admin

1655053 simply put fuck Eqd. They're full of egotistical morons that think they're hot shit and put a story's worth solely in their own incredibly ridiculously high standards and the author's worth solely in their popularity.
the only thing it's good for is new
the stories aren't even on the site, they're just linked even.
obscure endings can work, yes, but it's so over done and just so damn annoying it's not worth doing anymore unless you plan to close it eventually in a sequel or epilogue of sorts.
occasionally you'll get some good from that site but in general it's just scum of the earth when it comes to the fanfiction community there

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 7