Protect Celestia 1,950 members · 1,765 stories
Comments ( 15 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 15
Celestias Paladin
Group Admin

Alright everybody I have been giving this some thought so I have two questions for you all.

1) Should mature rated fic be allowed? (only if they are not clopfics, ie. They have a plot not centered around clop)

2) What guidelines should be used to figure out what would go into the "Best of the Best" folder.

Mature is either clop or gore.

So i would say nope? Why allow something like gorefics if you wont allow clopfics just because they have sex in them, even if it is just at one time in a whole story.

Comet Burst
Group Admin

Personally, I dislike clop and gore fics because I think they're cop-outs for writers. I find they lack story aside from 'She died/Sex happened. The End.'

As for the best of the best, it should be based on rating and views. If it passes, just make a voting thread on stories.

Hope those help!

Maybe it should be based whether or not a fic HAS or IS gore/clop, see what I mean? IMO fics with gore/clop elements justifying a 'Mature' rating can be allowed (given there's a warning at the beginning of the chapter/paragraph or something) if it's not the main subject of the story. Fics BEING gore/clop for the sake of gore/clop shouldn't.

As for best of the best... Fics with more than a certain amount of likes (50 to 100) and more than 95% likes (maybe higher).

That would be the policy of my group if I ever create one.

I am not a bit fan of explicit clop, but I think that well written sexuality and especially how an immortal being perceives and experiences it can be highly interesting and give insights that we might miss if we ban them outright.
Can't say the same for gore, thought, because, well, gore is always explicit and never as strong as implications.

Basically, I am with RoadRunneR: If it's "clop/gore for clop/gore's" sake, it should be banned, but something like the recent "Lesson One" is very good, even though it contains clop.

Well... that's my two bits on the subject.

Personally, I find sex scenes boring. There's only so many ways you can describe something, and honestly, I don't see the point of going into detail. Some of the descriptions of who's feeling what are unintentionally funny; well, I find them ridiculous. Do people really have those experiences? I think not. So I imply, and that's it.
As for gore, I'll admit I'm squeamish, which makes torture scenes excruciating, and I'm not the type who writes them. Just don't have the mindset for it. And, what applies to sex applies to gore, with the added "bonus" of probably chasing your audience away. I don't write that. Cupcakes and the like I avoid.
Ultimately it's up to you, but you wanted input. Explicit sex and gore aren't exactly what we're going for here, so I'd have to say no, for the one opinionated reason I can give: Celestia would not approve.
You can have mature without all that. Why turn Protect Celestia into something you can get on cable TV?
As for criteria, I don't have a clue. I'm no judge of literary validity, and I agree with the idea (from Dead Poets' Society) that you can't graph it out, like a math equation. You're not supposed to examine or dissect a story, you're supposed to enjoy it. Let the English majors do the work; I don't want to.

Celestias Paladin
Group Admin

*groans* Forgot about the gore fics, I think it is needless to say most would not be kind to Celestia if she is included as a character. Damn and with the sex/gore tags being used on Teen and under rated fics it is much harder to sort out the wannabes from the truly gore/sex stories.

618554 you made a good point, if it's for the sake of clop it shouldn't be allowed, and that would still follow the rules of the parent group back on DA. 618639 I've read "Lesson One" and while well written I do think it is on the wrong side of the line and the uninformed could state that it is a Molestia fic. "You Brighten My Day" by JaydexTheShadowKnight is one that could be included, five chapters before you hit clop and even then it isn't a sexfest. The only objectionable thing is Celestia being paired off with a human.

618663 you do raise some good points as well, ones I will take into consideration.

I like your idea concerning the 'best of the best' category. Adding a voting poll is a good way to avoid 'accidents'. Picking fics above a fixed amount of views or likes, with a very high like/dislike ratio THEN make a poll or something like that.

*shrugs* Your call.
Well my fic has a 'gore' tag... that said, it's still rated 'Teen'. Can't remember if it has been added to your group though.

Celestias Paladin
Group Admin

If you mean your STALKER fic, no it hasn't been added yet, I'm still waiting to see a bit more of Celestia before I make a call.

Celestias Paladin
Group Admin

Ok... so I have deiced to mature rated fics will not be allowed... now something has come up. With the ban on Discord/Celestia a question comes to mind on whether Celestia/Chrysalis fics should also be banned. Discord/Celestia is banned because of the probability of "Trollshipping", thus Trollestia, but Celesita/Chrysalis is not that... So I ask should it be allowed or not? Please be honest and give a good reason why for whichever side you are on.

690275 Pretty much what I think in a nutshell.
Especially the quality issue. Crap wrapped in gold foil is still crap.

Celestias Paladin
Group Admin

690275>>702834

Alright I can agree with that, quality is a good thing to have. I may not read it but I will still give it a look over... and be extra weary if there is a comedy tag.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 15