Protect Celestia 1,946 members · 1,762 stories
Comments ( 40 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 40
Celestias Paladin
Group Admin

To My Friends, Watchers, and Fellow Members,

It has been brought to my attention the other day that we do not have our own group banner. I acknowledge this fact as that I have been trying ever since we first could use banners to find one. There are two problems with this, 1) I have the artistic capabilities of a 3rd Grader, 2) I cannot find any preexisting pieces of artwork that would fit, they would either be too big, too small, or too much would be cut off. Thus after discussing this Zervizel we both decided to ask those of you with artistic talent to design for us a new banner.

There are of course requirements to what the banner should have.

1) It should 1000x250 pixels in size
2) It should have Celestia, in a tasteful appropriate manner, on it
3) The words "Protect Celestia" should be visible in a readable font and size

Additionally there are restrictions that I must impose

1) Other characters are restricted to Luna, Twilight, Cadence, or Spike.
A) Celestia should be the most prominent
B) No more that one additional character
c) Just having Celestia is preferred
2) Originality is the key, if you borrow vectors or artwork from other artists cite them and get permission for use
3) If it looks like it as made in Paint or Powerpoint, ie something I could make its out
4) Deadline is two weeks

The judges for this contest will be myself and the three Mods under the following criteria:

1) Originality
2) Creativity
3) Abstractness
4) Readability
5) Quality

If you have any questions do not hesitate to ask me or Zervziel. I look forward to see what is made.

Signed in the Name of Her Serene Majesty Celestia Everfree,
Celestia's Paladin: Admin Protect Celestia
Ex Solis et Lunae, Providentia et Prospera
From the Sun and Moon, Providence and Prosperity

This will be interesting.

Interesting Idea I wish you luck in this. I would help but unfortunately I have about the same level of competency that you have in the art department. So this is all i can do sorry

...Eh, I'll give it a shot. The worst that could happen is that mine doesn't get picked.:raritywink:

Celestias Paladin
Group Admin

So far you are the only one giving it a try...

Celestias Paladin
Group Admin

Points off for using Comic Sans

Celestias Paladin
Group Admin

:facehoof: Maybe I should of asked my brother for the banner. There is also the whole conflict of interest thing with being a Mod thus voting on it.

Celestias Paladin
Group Admin

Hey no voting until the 29th!

OH Sweet Celestia! No no anything but that.

Comet Burst
Group Admin

I thought you said mods couldn't vote, so mine doesn't count anyway!

I think you meant...
[img] http://weknowmemes.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/trollface-problem.jpg[/img]

I would but alas I am a programming deviant rather than a graphics deviant.

Epic win.

Personally, i would photoshop a picture of Molestia with Marvin Gaye... but that would kind of be besides the point.

990791 I made three banners (I did not draw or made them, i just found them looking for computer backgrounds and I altered their size and adding words using Paint) for each one click on the link and then right click the banner and click 'View Image' (that way you can see what it would look like fully) and if you like one of them but wished i could change the font color, let me know :trollestia:

Also if you had another picture in mind, send me link to the picture and i will see if i can make it into a banner

Celestias Paladin
Group Admin

Main thing Bright is that you have to be able to cite where you got the backgrounds from, and have permission to use them. I do accept the entries but I ask that you get the permission by the deadline.

Pffft, that may be Marvin Gaye, but im not talking about "Lets be friends" music!

Im talking about "Lets do this." as is so silky smooth that itll help white people get laid.

993366 alright and the last one i got from MLP Wikia from the show and now i am waiting on a response from the others

994155 yeah its hard to make a normal picture to look decent when it has been stretch it sideways and shrunk it vertically (i still have a hard time with it, but i can't draw well so it will have to do :derpytongue2:)

Howdy folks. I put together a little banner here, and I wanted to toss it in the ring. Hopefully all those nice folks up above with their non pony related images won't distract far better artists than myself from tossing their hats in too! :ajsmug:

Source is my deviantArt page: http://bubblepipewrangler.deviantart.com/#/art/Protect-Celestia-Firstborn-of-the-Stars-372672268?hf=1 Everything in the image either came from The Show, the starry sky, or is a royalty-free font.

I really like her mane. :unsuresweetie: The stars make it look kinda like a constellation, and I fiddled with the alignment to set those few stars right around her eye. This is an official submission to the contest, and all that other legal blarg. I hope y'all like it!

Celestias Paladin
Group Admin

I accept your entry.

Celestias Paladin
Group Admin

Oh and everyone, I do want to point out that if your banner is done through DA it may end up being added to our sister group on DA.

993366 I also got permission from Dreampaw to use the second one

1008867 no problem, i am sorry that didn't know to ask if i could use their artwork :twilightsheepish::twilightoops:

Celestias Paladin
Group Admin

Five more days people, I am interested in seeing what else will come out.

Celestias Paladin
Group Admin

990838>>990841>>990944>>991233>>991467>>991759>>992459>>992644>>1007283>>993349

Two weeks have now passed thus I declare the contest now closed. I thank you are participating in the contest and in the discussions. Before I call the Mods to vote I ask John if you wish to remain as a contest participant.

Celestias Paladin
Group Admin

Thank you John, I didn't look forward to hunting down a emplacement judge.

Very well then, John, 991759, and Zervziel if he is listening, voting now commences. You may either vote and discuss here in the forum or via PMs to me if you wish. Keep the rules in mind, and good luck.

Comet Burst
Group Admin

I'm sorry, I was in the middle of my creativity ritual.

ONTO THE VOTING!

Celestias Paladin
Group Admin

1047648>>1048606
You two made your choices yet?

Comet Burst
Group Admin

After much deliberation, I have decided on what I will support as our new banner!

I hereby nominate John Hood's utterly exquisite entry Bright Heart's first entry!

Celestias Paladin
Group Admin

One vote for BH1, one vote for BH3... John?

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 40