Pandemonium 19 members · 0 stories
Comments ( 9 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 9
RainbowDashian
Group Admin

Is is the general thread used for one of the two back stories, this one entitled "The Everfree War."

RainbowDashian
Group Admin

The Land Of Everfree was originally a small, prosperous country bordering Equestria. At one point, there was a king concerned with the crowdedness of his country. He asked the Princesses for some land, to allow. Residents of Everfree to expand. His request was declined. After this, he demanded, under threat of war. His demands were not meant. War was declared. (Insert long war story here) Everfree lost. The residents moved to Ponyville, and a forest crept over the once prosperous land. The line of kings died off.

Or so it may seem.

RainbowDashian
Group Admin

Is story will either be first person, from a soldier's point of view, or third person. Idk yet. Post any ideas or other stuff below. I will hold auditions for being the story's author later, but it'll be on a separate thread.

ChaosknightRB
Group Contributor

Hmm...decent premise, but starting a war over how crowded a country is seems almost trivial. I feel like it needs greater catalyst than "lol no land for you." (<Summarized version :rainbowlaugh:)

Here's my pitch:

The king, being a powerful alicorn, had a vision which foretold of his county's destruction. As a means to save his citizens, he requests the aid of the princesses. Unfortunately he is unable to provide evidence beyond his own vision, so they deny his request. As the fateful day draws near he becomes more and more panicked. In a last ditch effort he gives the princesses an ultimatum, stating that they give the aid his kingdom so direly needs, or he shall take what he needs from them by force. (And then everything went to hell in a hand basket :yay:)

Adjustments could be made on this here and there, but I feel it helps put a more realistic reason to having the war.

RainbowDashian
Group Admin

295204 You ever been a family of eight living in a 6'X6' house? It would suck. That's why he asked for more land, and needed it, those were the average conditions

ChaosknightRB
Group Contributor

295618 Point taken. Living in a house with 4 people can feel crowded at times, and it's not nearly that small :rainbowlaugh:

RainbowDashian
Group Admin

295624 Did you see the new thread? Go look at it. :raritywink:

ChaosknightRB
Group Contributor

295634 Saw it, posted, and awesome :yay:

All right. Let me just point out something that invalidates the other-nation concept: a) the complete lack of ruins from that country and b) the Castle of the Royal Pony Sisters. Then, of course, there's the separation of the forest from the laws of the land (which coincidentally makes it logical).

Besides, the state of disrepair the castle was in would hint at it being abandoned for at least a century. Taking sorcerous investment into account...I'd be willing to say between three and four hundred years.

So I'll just say right off the bat: forget the Everfree country idea. There's no way it would work seamlessly enough to appease the history and anthropology buffs. Unfortunately, I can't suggest anything else that I'm already not using. (Gotta protect my own ideas, y'know)

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 9