AppleSpike 611 members · 196 stories
Comments ( 11 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 11

Part of me is overjoyed that this group is getting more stories added to it, but frankly, I disagree with the placement of some of these said stories.
I don't think the same story should be added to two different folders, but that's just me.
I don't agree that stories with a Harem ending can feasibly be classified as strictly having a 'main pairing' of Applespike.
I'm OK with it in the 'side pairing' folder, but still, somepony needs to re-shelve the Applespike library.
I would do it, but don't have sufficient user privileges. That, and it would probably have to be allowed by the admin.

This group is for the pairing Applespike, and though some stories have 'moments of Applespike', I don't think it should be added unless it suits the proper criteria of the 'main pairing' folder.
'What criteria?' you say. Well that's quite simple, it's as the name suggests:
A story where the pairing of Spike and Applejack are the main focus and pairing. NOT Spike with Applejack, as well as his countless wives and concubines. That's a Harem. It belongs in a folder/group dedicated to it.

If people want to see more Applespike stories, start writing them.
I'd appreciate any opinions people have on this subject.

Marshall out.

Celestias Paladin
Group Admin

Marshall next time PM me first, I am the Admin of the group.

First off most of the Harem stories are M-rated which has it's own folder, and there is "side-paring" folder as well. If you can give me a count to how many stories need to be moved.

4586751 Sure thing! Sorry if I came off a bit short; I tend to come off as being more aggresive than I think (just another hazard of online communication :twilightsheepish:)

I'll PM the stories that I think could do with moving, but do as you see fit :pinkiesmile:
Cheers

Celestias Paladin
Group Admin

...ok I'm going have to trust you on this, I'm going to give you full admin privileges till next Monday to get everything sorted and new folder made. You seem to have an idea about what needs to be done and the time to do it.

Holy crap, wait...WHAT!? :rainbowderp:

I'm on it sir. Won't let you lads down :pinkiehappy:

Celestias Paladin
Group Admin

As I said, you know what needs to be done and has the time.

Celestias Paladin
Group Admin

In the words of the great Admiral Alexander-Harrington, "Lets be about it"
And don't forget to clear out the doubles

Okay, for those who are interested in what has just transpired here, I shall explain.

All stories (excluding M rated fictions) with Harem endings have been moved to the side pairing folder. This is because it is more appropriate, but also because I didn't want to create any new folders or sub folders just for harems. Just wanna keep it simple.
These include Spike's dating simulator 3.0 and the 3 stories by Wildcard25.

All mature rated fictions have been moved to the mature folder (where they belong as stated on the group's front page) regardless of ending or main focus. In short, these include harem and non-harem endings. This also means duplicates existing in other folders have been purged (the story Spike's Bimbo filled life was in three separate folders, so I just removed the others, leaving the only copy in the mature folder).

The 'main pairing folder' only contains solely Applespike orientated stories

Lastly, I removed 'Rainbows in the sky' by Man on the moon, becuase it had no Applespike what-so-ever, it was a Spikedash (still a good story though, just not Applespike).

Before anyone gets their nickers in a twist, I have not 'blitzed the system'. 'Rainbows in the sky' was the only story to be fully removed from the group. Others have just been moved to the correct folders and had their 'doubles' removed (the same story in two or more different folders). Again, I haven't created any specific sub-folders for harem and non-harem stories. This is because this group isn't dedicated to harems. If you want a group that specializes in that, then look else where.

Have fun and enjoy the modified library lads! :pinkiehappy:

If people really want a harem sub-folder just for clarity, then I would be happy to do so, otherwise, I feel it unnecessary.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 11