Queen Chrysalis's Feeding Grounds 1,422 members · 1,393 stories
Comments ( 8 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 8

This is to discuss the possibility of a future episode centred on the Changelings. However, one thing I must stress is that this episode idea has to be feasible, thus it could actually possibly happen and be worked into an actual episode. I've seen plenty of fanfictions, most of which I'm sure you'd agree would never happen in the show, mostly because the Changelings are excused and sanctified whilst the ponies are turned into the freaking Third Reich. You guys know what stories I'm talking about. But this Topic here is to discuss the idea for a potential episode.

So what's my take? I'd definitely like to see an episode with the ponies and Changelings, not necessarily becoming friends, but forming a peace or promise of non-aggression. I mean, come on people, if Celestia is so willing to give Discord, freaking DISCORD a chance to reform, then sorry, I cannot see any reason we she would not be willing to extend a friendly hoof to the Changelings. Here's my episode idea:

In order to try and establish a sense of Peaceful Coexistence (doubtfully the word used) between Equestria and the Changeling Kingdom, Chrysalis' daughter, the young Princess Pupa is sent over as an exchange student/take a tour of Equestria. The gang expect the daughter to be a fierce, black-hearted warrior-like princess, but when she arrives (accompanies by armed guard) she is revealed to be a tiny, bespectacled and all around adorably sweet Changeling (add in asthma and the frequent use of inhaler) who could rival Sweetie Belle in terms of giving a viewer diabetes by her sheer cuteness.

Of course, we have the usual shenanigans with cultural clashes (bonus points if the Changelings' culture is given an explanation, something from the Far East like Japan and Korea would be really interesting), with a written message/threat by Chrysalis to the Mane Six that if a single hair on Pupa's pig tailed mane is hurt, she'll personally bite their heads off one by one. However, some of the Mane Six decide they want to see if they can pump any secret information about Changeling government and military secrets out of the filly (behind Celestia's back) by sending in the CMC to befriend her. They eventually get nothing and are surprised (despite Pupa's young age and already innocent appearance and demeanor) that she knows little to nothing of her mother's dealings and plans - she doesn't even know about the Canterlot Invasion, which can lead to a classic Fawlty Towers, "Don't mention the war/invasion!" set of jokes.

A good twist in the plot is that the CMC and Pupa go missing, and remembering Chrysalis' warning, begin a desperate search for them.

I can definitely see this working out if it is done well. I'd like to see Dave Polsky or Meghan take a shot at it. Can't think of a title though. Anyone got any title ideas?

So this is my idea for a workable future Changeling plot, what's yours?

Eh I see Changeling culture as more like, uh, Cambodian combined with Borg. And they have a really fricked up life cycle too. Like it goes from egg to larva to parasprite to chrysalis to nymph to adult. But all the stages look weirdly different. I could elaborate further but eh.

Also, "tiny, bespectacled and all around adorably sweet Changeling"?

762859 Make it so my good chap. :twilightsmile:

Brilliant episode idea. Would love to see that air. Probably be one of my favorites.

The reasons why are kind of obvious.

1: It shows that Chrysalis isn't just evil. I'm sick of people just saying she's evil. She's just...more willing to push the boundaries for her own people (Or children, if you go with the more insectoid version of the changelings.) It shows her in a more revealing light.

2: Young changelings....How can that not work? I mean they are just adorable. (Since creatures love cute, it makes sense for them to be so.)

3: We get to see some changeling culture. Culture clashing is a favorite of mine, as it's both funny and informative, leading to some great moments.

Now, as for me. Let's see....OOOH! How about an episode where a Changeling (I shall dub him Doomie:pinkiehappy:), sent by Chrysalis, tries to get rid of the Elements of Harmony. The whole vibe would be kind of like Cato in the Pink Panther. The changeling would constantly fail, in humorous way, until the end where it just approaches the main 6 utterly defeated and heartbroken. The main 6, after hesitation, warm up to him and try to cheer him up. (I think Pinkie Pie and Fluttershy would be the first, unable to really hate him.) In the end, Doomie, scared to face Chrysalis, decides to live in the Everfree forest. To which they tell him of Zecora, so he says he'll pop on by.
The message, (what I think would fit), would be that sometimes, good things can come out of failure.

This could also let Doomie, become a recurring character, As well as a possible episode which focuses on him, after some comedic help from the main 6, facing his fears and confronting Chrysalis. (Yes, the facing your fear has been done, but I like them, and Fluttershy has had a couple episodes to do this. I think someone else could do it as well.)

Or,

We could do kind of an episode about a young changeling colt infiltrates the the school. Kind of an call back to Invader Zim.

Any thoughts? Does anyone like these ideas.

762898 What's wrong with Nyx?:rainbowhuh: Honestly, I never understood the hate towards the character. She seemed nice, you understood why she had a power (she's the reincarnation of Nightmare Moon after all) Her character isn't bland, I felt sorry for her throughout, and had a happy end.

762934 I was merely referring to her physical appearance.

Edit: Chrysalis not evil? Have you read the comics? She's evil.
The idea of a Zim-changeling is pretty funny though.

762934 A lot of people have kneejerk reaction to alicorn OCs. Understandable considering the most obnoxious mary sues are alicorns.

762949 Unfortunately, no I haven't had a chance to read them.:ajsleepy:

And, okay, maybe she is evil. (Check out my fic 'Chrysalis's little Rush. Yeah, I even write her doing despicable things. I'm not spoiling it, but I'd like your opinion.)

Another approach would be Chrysalis teaming up with Celestia to defend themselves against something even worse (Sombra coming back yet again would work well - changelings can not feed on mindbroken ponies because there is nothing left to feed on, and the love shield of the crystal heart probably can be replicated (there is enough crystal to go around) and adapted to the changelings, so the can feed on the broadcasted excess love of the community (which the crystal heart does for an extended period of time, remember it only needs to be recharged once a year) instead of directly draining ponies). Chrysalis is, from a neutral perspective, not completely evil - she is simply a predator with the same level of sadistic playfulness as a cat. Sombra on the other hand is evil - he has no biological imperative telling him to feed on others, he simply subjugates them for his own gain and amusement. And given that his magic relies on hate, he can probably also summon wendigos if he is angry enough, like for example after being shattered to pieces yet again.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 8