Pokemon Club 534 members · 189 stories
Comments ( 7 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 7

If anyone here wanted to improve the Pokemon games, what improvements do you want to make? For me, I would simply expand the move sets from 4 to 6.

I think the biggest problem plaguing the main series is a lack of innovation in the story department. Every generation's the same: You're a ten year old kid who embarks on their first ever Pokemon journey, being given a starter and a Pokedex and tasked with catching 'em all. Along the way you have a rival, and some evil team that has to be stopped (usually catching a legendary Pokemon in the process). Then you eventually become champion and then there's whatever the game wants to include for a post-game story.

It would be nice if you had the option to pick your character according to what you wanna do: Maybe you wanna become a gym leader in your own right, specializing in a certain type and setting up challenges for other trainers. Maybe you're more into working with Pokemon to explore nature or to help others. Maybe you're an undercover agent working to investigate an evil team or teams. Things like that.

It would also help if they stopped constantly experimenting with new mechanics and gimmicks that just fade away a generation after they're introduced (Mega Evolutions, Z-Moves and Dynamaxing and Gigantimaxing). If they're going to introduce a new mechanic, they should stick to it and try to improve upon it.

Or a main character who is part of an evil team and doesn't change sides or will find themselves in some kind of moral conflict between their loyalty to their team and doing the right thing.

Or an Pokemon superhero Action-Beat em up ala DC and Marvel games. I mean, they already have their version of Batgirl in the Pokemon anime.

In terms of in game mechanics, give the option of Hard mode before starting the game, like they did with White and Black 2.

Hard mode entailing;
- Stronger levelled trainers with smarter AI
- Items are more expensive so you have to make do with a limited amount of options
- Etc.

Wish they didn’t get rid of the unlimited TMs mechanic for the BDSP remake.

You choose where you want to start in the region, the area you start in will have level 5 Pokémon and the areas beyond that get higher and higher.

For story ideas;

I want to see a protagonist in a world where the bad guys won. We know there are timelines where they have thanks to USUM, so to see that come to life would be entertaining. To me at least.

I think the main story mode of the main games should keep to the same basic formula, and keep it interesting with fun characters, twists and gameplay. (Perhaps additional goals could be available as either sidequests or post-game content, though.)

And speaking of gameplay, I think they should stop having cool features which could fit in any game just in one.

Oh, and no Dexit.

Make Alomomola Luvdic's evolved form and give Ledian a Mega Evolution.

Eh, I'm leery of changes which would... huh, would that actually ruin old mon? I guess they'd get two new free slots...

Still, everything in the game right now is balanced with 4 moves in mind. I fear unintended consequences.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 7