Lyra & Bon-Bon 1,665 members · 535 stories
Comments ( 6 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 6

Okay, for this Christmas/Hearths Warming Eve, I'm doing a LyraBon one-shot, which is of the comedy and romance genres and here is the basic synopsis.

It's that time of year again, Hearth's Warming Eve, and Lyra's excited as she can be. For it's not just the time for giving gifts, it's also the time when she and her beloved Marefriend Bon-Bon celebrate their yearly anniversary of being together as a couple. And as always, they get each other gifts to celebrate it. One problem. Lyra hasn't the slightest idea on what to get her Bonny as a present. Like seriously, not a clue. Thankfully, there's always her old friend Octavia to provide a helping hoof or two. Will these two fellow musicians find the perfect gift, or fail entirely...?

Problem is, I really have no ideas on what to do with it. I mean, no ideas for character exchanges, nothing. Seriously, this is the first time this has happened to me. Usually I have some snippet of an idea for at least one scene, but honestly with this... A little help from fellow LyraBon shippers would go a long way.

5692535 Okay I see that Tavi is going to be involved in helping Lyra out so that leads to me ask, what kind of personality to Lyra and Bon Bon have in this case? if you know that you'll have some less trouble. Like for example is Lyra the happy, bubbly, and somewhat bombastic type? And is Bonnie the "straight mare" to Lyra's goofy antics as a result.

Or are they more the middle in this case? Answering these questions first is important I think.

5692552 Lyra would be the happy bubbly type, and Bonnie the straight mare, like you said, with Tavi playing the role of the only sane mare to Lyra's... suggestions for gifts.

5692556 Okay that is a start. So what about Vinyl then? Having her have a role in this isn't necessary but it might help.

Also given the way you're writing for Lyra in this case a "dream big" type of attitude would work in Lyra's ideas. Like perhaps Lyra can say she wants to get Bonnie a mountain of baking chocolate or something like that. You could have Lyra be very well intentioned but losing sight of proportions to some extent.

Some of Lyra's ideas could even be a little wild and racy depending on what you're going for. Like maybe a sexy saddle or some other kind of risque pony clothes.

5692566 Yeah, I did think about socks (Still don't understand how people think that's sexy, and to be honest, I'd rather not find out...) along with a Lyra pillow, which would be a safe idea you would think, but not with what Lyra thinks would be the perfect thing to add. Yeah, that is a dig at that infamous plush, but I'm sorry, it had to be done. Actually, now that I think about it, you've given me just about enough ideas to make this work. Thanks, man.:twilightsmile:

5692572 You're welcome. :eeyup: And I find the idea of ponies in socks to be more cute than anything myself.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 6