The Writers' Group 9,313 members · 56,630 stories
Comments ( 59 )
  • Viewing 51 - 100 of 59

Oh, I understand on an intellectual level why they are. That doesn't do anything for the primordial terror of seeing a purple, bloated zombie unable to walk correctly. Nor would it let my analytical side stop wondering how Rarity could be alive with anemia that bad.

Please... Do not try to apply logic to a show about magical talking ponies and mirrors that makes you able to travel through dimensions.

You have to. If it can't maintain verisimilitude then it's a bad story.

I though it was.....Okay! Not the MLP movie I would have wanted to see. Although the MLP movie I wanted to see would be involve a Lord of the Rings style battle at the end but I digress. I see a few things one could do with it through Fan Fiction most of them involve Sunset Shimmer you know a story of her past and maybe what she becomes. (Watch the Ending "Cough", "Cough") But besides from that it wasn't a complete disaster.

We're not talking about some sort of multi million movie where the plot and everything has to be without flaws, we're talking a movie with a ~8 year old demographic. Logic is not supposed to be used here, if it was then it would have to explain why ponies can talk, why magic exists, why and why and why.

Apply logic to it all you like, but it serves no purpose other than make you look stupid.

Apologies if the last bit offended you. It is not my intention to cause offense.

1) Scripts are one of the cheaper parts of a movie, it doesn't have to be multi-million dollar movie to have a solid script.
2) This is about high school. It's not directed at an eight year old. You're looking at tween and teens here. They're plenty developed enough to understand logic.
3) Verisimilitude
4) Primordial Terror has very little to do with logic
5) Uncanny Valley. This is a problem visual medium experts have been aware of for a long time. When it looks human but doesn't move right or is a color that signifies death/disease it's perfectly valid to criticize.

Considering that I never really had a problem with the humanized high school setting, was really excited for the movie and yet thought it was utterly awful, I do have to disagree with your assumption. I'm honestly shocked that Meghan McCarthy could produce such a script. I mean, as much of a plothole-ridden mess Canterlot Wedding was, it was still fun to watch. EQG was just cringe-worthy in my opinion, and I'm still trying to wrap my head around all the praise it's been getting. I was disappointed beyond belief, especially after reading so many positive reviews beforehand. :pinkiesad2:

You really are adamant to find every conceivable thing worth criticizing the movie for, aren't you?

Regardless, it is a Cartoon. Mention one instance where a Cartoon obeyed every single law of the universe, when everything about it was logical. Please, by all means, do so.

Also, if you really want to apply logic as to why Human Twilight is purple, why Human Fluttershy is yellow etc. then here is why: Because they are humanized ponies.

I cannot fathom why people can't just let entertainment for children be entertainment for children. Stop trying to force everything to make logical sense in a universe of magical talking ponies.
Anywho, I'll stop now. I get far too frustrated with this kind of thing. It's made to entertain, not to make sense. That is the final thing I have to say in this matter, so don't bother replying. I won't read nor respond to it.

Nah, not looking "to find every conceivable thing worth criticizing the movie for", since I haven't seen it. The girls are too creepy for me to be able to sit through it. I seriously haven't been this creeped out over something since the 360's avatars came out and I console jumped because of it.

As to a cartoon following it's physics: All of them.

ver·i·si·mil·i·tude [ver-uh-si-mil-i-tood, -tyood] Show IPA
noun
1. the appearance or semblance of truth; likelihood; probability: The play lacked verisimilitude.
2. something, as an assertion, having merely the appearance of truth.

It's not that Fluttershy is yellow that's the problem. It's that they looked at Fluttershy, went, "Wow, she looks like she's got the world's worse case of jaundice. You know that's going to turn away people, right? Screw it, good enough."

Just watched on YouTube. It was...alright, I guess. I just watched as a long, weird FiM episode. Probably wouldn't revisit it, but I felt obliged to at least see for myself. Got a few chuckles out of it. It certainly wasn't the unholy apocalypse that some fans anticipated. :pinkiehappy:

I'll admit to being delighted by who showed up near the end of the credits!

• Viewing 51 - 100 of 59