Short Stories 548 members · 5,074 stories
Comments ( 10 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 10
Feo Takahari
Group Admin

Between work, school, and my landlady's never-ending battle with our Internet provider to keep them from shutting off our service, this hasn't been a good week for me to get online. I'm not stepping down or anything, but I feel like I need help cleaning up all this mess. Anyone up for it?

4388554 I would love to be mod.

Feo Takahari
Group Admin

4388594 Moving all the stuff that's no longer supposed to be in Prolific Writers, and notifying all the authors whose folders are going away. It's not that hard, just slow.

Feo Takahari
Group Admin

4388594 Hmm, I see you're a pretty new poster. No stories in the group (though one would qualify if you want to add it) . . . Any modding experience or other qualifications? (It doesn't really matter much--I'd never modded a group before either--but I feel like it's traditional to ask.)

Moving all the stuff that's no longer supposed to be in Prolific Writers

Not sure what you mean by that, but I have returned from five months hiatus so I'm not sure if anything has changed really.

Feo Takahari
Group Admin

4388840 I talked about it in the previous thread. Basically, my requirement of ten storie to get your own folder was way too low, and we wound up with a ton of folders. I upped it to thirty, so a lot of people with ten or twenty stories aren't going to have folders (at least not until they write some more.) I straight-up deleted a couple folders (like a writer who was banned for extensive plagiarism), but for most of the folders, I need to figure out where to move all those stories to.

I've been asking the authors, but not everyone has an opinion on whether their Random Comedy should be in Random or Comedy. Since they're all shorts, I can just read them and decide for myself if it comes down to that, but it'll take time to handle so many. So if you want to be a mod, it means either snap decisions ("Eh, it's an Equestria Girls story. Just put it in Human") or lots of reading ("Hey, this one's pretty good. I wonder what else they've written . . . Dang it, I have to get up in five hours!")

4388934 Yeah, I don't think I could take on that responsibility right now. Sorry for not being able to assist you in this.

Feo Takahari
Group Admin

4388694 And I'm a dumbass. My questions for LoneUnicornWriter were meant for you--I must have hit the wrong thing. To quote:

Hmm, I see you're a pretty new poster. No stories in the group (though one would qualify if you want to add it) . . . Any modding experience or other qualifications? (It doesn't really matter much--I'd never modded a group before either--but I feel like it's traditional to ask.)

4392838 Could have sworn I put my story in here, huh. I have modded on 'the fanfiction critic group.'

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 10