Alternate History Bronies 733 members · 630 stories
Comments ( 4 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 4

I had an alternate history fic dea that will probably never ever ever be put to use (by me, at least), so here you people go, in case you ever wanna tinker with it within the next thousand years. I apologize in advance if someone has already taken this idea; just blame my unoriginality. :pinkiesad2:

Basically, it goes like this: Back when the three pony tribes were bickering and stuff (y'know, as described in "Hearth's Warming Eve"), they had this huge dispute over a huge chunk of land that was right smack dab in the middle of their nations. Everyone was claiming that the land was for THEIR kingdoms, not anyone else's. So, in knowing of a risk of starting a catastrophic three-way war with each other, they decided to split the land amongst their nations. They became known as the Kingdom of Unicornia, the Pegasi Empire (They're basically a stratocracy), and the Republic of Earth.

Here's kind of what I'm talking about (pardon my drawing skills):

I envision it as being similar to how Poland was divided amongst Russia, Prussia, and Austria in the late 18th Century.

So now, instead of a United Equestria (in case you're wondering, I'm basically referring to "Equestria" as a continent), the story goes through Equestrian history with three separate nations and how they fare amongst each other in peace, trade, and alliance, and in bitter hatred and warfare.

Perhaps, however, when Celestia comes to power, she creates a unitary government between the three nations? It could be worked in as a "United Kingdom of Equestria" or "United States of Equestria", where the three nations are governed under one ruler, but still have the right to make political decisions themselves. (If my limited knowledge of political science makes you cringe, I apologize. But you get what I mean.)

Beyond that, history could especially come to huge turning points with major events such as: Luna is banished; Luna returns; when Discord attacks; when Celestia picks Twilight Sparkle as her personal student (I dunno, you guys can work that one out), etc., etc., etc.

And what else could be different? Revolutions? Revolts? Overthrown governments? Tyrannic empires? Radical nationalist political ideologies (e.g. Earth becomes Communist? Pegasolpolis becomes Dashist? (Yes, it's what you think it is.))? Formations of new nations? Division amongst alliances? Complex trading routes? World wars? Who knows! Take the idea and just go with it, man! :yay:

Ahem... anyway, sorry about the lack of details; I just wanted to give a REALLY general idea of a universe that can be worked with, because I think there's a lot that can be done with it. (Also, as I've stated before, I'm a crappy writer and I could not in any way do it justice.)

Before I go, have some tasty flags I made (Tell me what you think!):

Republic of Earth:

Kingdom of Unicornia:

Pegasi Empire:

If you have any thoughts, comments, suggestions, criticisms, or insults you'd like to share, please comment them below, it would be much appreciated! Thank you! :twilightsmile:

That should be all. Peace.

-Kineta Kore

(P.S.: This universe uses a completely original world map. I'm talking about starting from the bottom here.)

Sorry to intrude but may I use the ER( earth republic) flag at some point in my story, same time period, same faction warfare but the main motivation for war starts with infighting with earth ponies after labor and resource disputes with the other two clans
- addendum if yes can I use the pegasus flag template it would come in handy for their tribe's later appearance

If Celestia is a shared monarch for mostly autonomous states, are there political movements to become fully independent from this 'foreign' aristocracy?

(Fun for Ponyville too, cos the canon origin is that earth pony settlers went there a few decades ago and built it. If this is Unicornia land, these are Earthian immigrants gathering together and having second/third-generation kiddies. Do unicorns and pegasi live there in significant numbers, or do the unicorns view it distastefully as a 'ghetto'?)

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 4