Warcraft 251 members · 101 stories
Comments ( 5 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 5

Soo... guys. Remember how in World of Warcraft the BROWN orcs drunk Mannororth the Pit Lord's blood and went all berserk and bloodthirsty? I mean not that they weren't war-friendly before but that's another level.

So here's the thing how it goes in the world of Warcraft universe.

Scourge and green Orcs made by Burning Legion that was led by corrupted Draenai corrupted By Arch-Titan of douchebagery Sargeras corrupted by Old Gods.

What if a similar corruption was insinuated by the Old Gods to the changelings?

Now there are many old gods, rumored to be more powerful than most titans, requiring multiple ones to be dealt with. So here's the thing. Changelings feed on love to keep insanity from whispers of the old gods from driving them mad, which is why they attacked Canterlot so recklessly. They feed on normal food, but love serves to keep those mental barriers up. If they do not they turn into the devourers http://assasinmonkey.deviantart.com/art/Changeling-Behemoths-321921574 . Chrysalis and the changelings have been forced to kill a lot of their own to cut down that madness. Their taint is what keeps other species from fully accepting them. But Celestia noticing the taint's origins and the similar magic it bears she confronts her to help her and her changelings find peace. Chrysalis reluctantly listens if only to find a way to release her people from this curse. Celestia leads her down in the bottoms of Tartaurus where Chrysalis bears witness to the heart of a dead old god who's remains got shattered. She reveals that the true reason her sister went mad is because she was touched by the artifact and couldn't hold back the whispers. It was by mere luck that the elements managed to purge it after a thousand years, something that might not have been possible with a race of millions.

Together with Celestia Chrysalis begins to uncover how the changelings maintain the level of self control and what the old Kings and Queens did to protect them from this madness. Chrysalis decides to venture to another world to seek more answers about this kind of creatures that corrupted her kin, and how she can undo it. Her scrying directs her to the world of Azeroth, and she opens a portal so that she and the changelings may venture.

And then adventure begins!

Oh and if you're wondering which fanction Chrysalis would likely favor...

LOK'TAR OGAR BITCHES! FOR THE HOOOOOOORDE!!! #Vol'Jin for Warchief!

But she will have great influence on insectoid races as well like the Mantid, which she will likely attempt to take over and lead or inspire out of the influence of the old gods. She'd also taken interest in the Silithid. She'd make a good friend with the Blood Elves knowing what it is to hunger over something. Oh and she'd make good bitch-buddies with the Queen of the forsaken Sylvannas Windrunner.

So... I'd have to research a bit more about the wow lore but... does this sound interesting to you?

Oh and before I forget... This would be somewhere around the cataclysm and mists of pandaria.

Hmmm, it does sound interesting, indeed. I'd read it.

Slight spoilers for Rebirth of the damned

/Well I know that currently Borsuq in his Warcraft crossover is exploring the possibility of an old god and changeling link and it is quite entertaining
I think a more in depth exploration of this topic would be a good read

I agree with smartjocklv, its sound like something worth reading, but needs some more details.

Also, from the sounds of it, the princesses sound like they would qualify as "mortals" rather then eternals, as luna was feel prey to the whispers, rather then outright corruption like most of the eternals seem to have happen to them, which I feel they would be more like, rather then a diety like elune or whatever the naaru would qualify as. Correct me if I'm wrong, but that what it sounded like to me.

4415061 you're not the first to have changelings be involed with old gods and you won't be the last. And why not it's a very interesting idea I like your idea for a story as well hell is read it

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 5