The Royal Canadian Brony Alliance 220 members · 2 stories
Comments ( 37 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 37

THE DATE AND TIME FOR MEETING UP IS SATURDAY AUGUST 25'TH AT NOON!

I will pick people up from the GO station or the Convention Parking if you drive.

I'm going to run a get together for those of us attending this year. The list of interested bronies sits at...
KMCA, FanNotANerd, Techogre (+3), carmine(+1)

with maybe's from
Johnson

is anyone else interested in meeting up? I do alot of security work downtown Toronto so I can play tourguide.

Also I'm now going to book a table at the "Pickle Barrel" for afterwards, for 8 people. Yeah the list says 6 but lets leave a space or 2 for some late comers or maybe some random bronies.

Important links:
Fan Expo Home
Tickets

Yip

322853 Hey, take pictures, video, whatever. I want to see some of this stuff.

Sadly, I cannot make it due to other commitments. Tell anyone who I might know there that I wish I was there and hope it's a good time!

But seriously, KMCA, I will make that K in your name "Kick" instead of "Kiss" if you don't take pictures.

I will love you forever if you record video of your tour. That would make me so damn happy.

because of what I do I'm generally very tame around celebrities... Also if memory serves Tara Strong is a T.O. native, I doubt she'll show but it is possible

FanNotANerd
Group Admin

To clear things up for people too lazy to research: 2012's Fan Expo runs from August 23-26, at the Toronto Convention Centre. Best dates appear to be either the Friday or Saturday...although it's probably going to be hell on the weekend.

Pony shirts are not required, but they are requested.

Drawing my (training) sword and imbedding it the (soft) ground, I proclaim my place among those who shall be there! :pinkiecrazy:

depending on how my checks look I might show up in a fimfic branded shirt, there's a shop acouple blocks from my place that does custom T's. Also depending on how many people plan on showing up I might book us a table at 'the pickle barrel' probably for after the con finishes... I want a photo of us under that sign to show off around the site.

I'm going to say Saturday because it appears to be easiest for the two people who've bothered to talk days with me. I don't have a prefered day just because I work Thursday-Sunday. BEST thing about working longer days is that I always have long weekends without losing any hours

FanNotANerd
Group Admin

324524 I'm cool with Saturday. Now I just need to get myself a pony shirt.

Hm...should I get one with Fluttershy or Twilight? The joys of having two favourite ponies.

326230 I'm the same, do I go with Rainbow Dash who represents the element I most embody, Fluttershy who is one of my 2 favourites and posesses the rapid switch from nice to ''kill'' that I used to be famous for at work, or do I go with Luna my other favourite? Or should I wait until Monday and just look into getting a custom shirt made. One with my OC, name and fimfic website on it? (I'd like to do that last one but if I do it'll cut into my spending money for the con)

326230>>326342

Would it be totally uncool to cosplay as HiE character? :facehoof:

327434 why not go as 'never jumped Alex' no costume required *evil age joke* :rainbowwild::rainbowlaugh: sorry I couldn't help it
how about go as the 'Chuck Norris' Alex from your last chapter... or the one from this image might be best. I wish I could cosplay for this but I'll pass this year.

I could try, i mean i work every weekend but ill ask for it off and get back to you asap?

334241 works for me. I'll be buying my ticket in 4 weeks (stupid bills and over limit credit card)

334264 ouch, yeah i have the money and ride i just my not have the time off work. :fluttershysad:

334393 seriously we're talking over a MONTH in advance and they can't find someone? wow, your job sucks

334744 i just dont want to make any promises, i REALLY want to meet more bronies close by so im sure i can work something out.

FanNotANerd
Group Admin

334264 Ticket? Wait, what? You have to get tickets for this thing?

You'll have to excuse me. I'm new to this convention thing.

339465 Haven't you even been to the website for it yet? I'll put a link to it in the first post

Carmine
Group Contributor

Yep, DEFINITELY going to be there with my friend. Gonna be awesomeeeeee.

Well, unless something really bad comes up shortly, which may happen because I'm a lightning rod for the lightning of misfortune. So I may get struck by bad luck but as of right now, I'm definitely going.

ok, so tomorrow is the first of August. So T-25 I'm buying my ticket as we speak. I'm weird but I suggest you all do the same... hopefully I'll have enough left over for my sweet Sweetie sweater!

323688 326230 362696

I hope you mentlegen have purchased your tickets online. If not, well it's better to do so than have to buy them the day of.

ALSO "Hot Topic" at Mapleview Mall in Burlington has a limited selection of Pony shirts, and Wonderbolt hoodies. I'll be going swag shopping after work and blowing some money at their 2 for 1 sale... if it's still on

Unless you really like standing in lines, I suggest you do as KMCA suggested.

388189>> FanNotANerd >> Carmine

The Hot Topic online store has cheap shipping. Just and FYI.

I swear I'm not pimping for these guys. An other option:

http://www.spreadshirt.com/

First post has been edited, check it for details.

FanNotANerd
Group Admin

Stupid question here: is there a particular place we're meeting at? Obviously the Toronto Convention Center South Building, but is there anywhere more specific?

396328 .388407 362696>>335072
I'm sorry, I've been trying to deal with this stuff but it's actually been impossible. I just spent the weekend out in Madawaska for work... Hell I've been doing 60+ hour work weeks for the last 4 weeks now.

Are you coming in on the GO, TTC or by car? I've got no problem gathering everyone from Union before heading over in a group. I'd like everyone to plan to arrive at 11:30am so we can actually get there before the lines and such get too insane.

Carmine
Group Contributor

Being an old curmudgeon, I'll be there Friday afternoon by (I hope) 3ish. We're staying at the Residence Inn, so there can be impromptu meetups.

FanNotANerd
Group Admin

400722 I'm taking the GO bus. Assuming it runs on time, I should be there at 11:10. Maybe one of us can make a cardboard sign with "Fimfiction Brony Meetup" scrawled on it in Magic Marker, or something.

401523 I'll be the guy wearing a Brony shirt... or DJ PON-3 probably the Brony one

400804 PM me guys if you would like my cell number, that way if you have any doubts you can call me at the station and listen for the metal remix of Winter Wrap Up

oh boy, the scheduler just made a huge mistake, he's fucking with me and just sent an e-mail that sounded oddly like an ultimatum about me working Saturday, despite me telling him 2 weeks ago that there was no chance in hell of me working it... He's going to learn a lesson, don't get between me and what pathetically small social life I have, even worse he's getting between me and ponies... Yeah, tomorrow is a call to the company owner, she's not going to be pleased

Success, a great time was had by all. Special thanks go to the waiter at the Pickle Barrel.

On the note that I realized that I DIDN'T share with you all, remember that cop that was watching us during the brony meetup on Saturday? The most priceless moment of the weekend goes to him, he went from a grin that practically screamed "omg these people are wierd" when we were singing to an almost terrified "WTF I'm scared" when we started chanting "Crush, Kill, Destroy, Swag!" Now time for what you've all been waiting for... PICTURES!

I'm sorry I missed the CMC patch on her cloak in this pic. SORRY APPLE BLOOM!

I'll pretend this was Dr. Hooves

And the group shots

umm... The 3 pics I got of us at the Pickle Barrel appear to be missing... I'll post them when I find them

and

from left to right.
Carmine, FanNotANerd, KMCA, TechOgre (in the back) then two bronies that wanted to join us for dinner.

I'm sad I couldn't go, I couldn't get the time off my boss wouldn't give me an answer until a the 19 and he said no. I was pretty mad about it but there's not much I could do. I hope y'all had fun though:ajsmug: maybe next time.

Who all's going for 2013? I can give your guys the link to the presale tickets... $150 for VIP 4 day pass. Tech and I already have our tickets

FanNotANerd
Group Admin

536330 I'm thinking I'll head over, but probably only for Saturday. Why? Because I'm cheap.

540396 Friday seems like the better day for ponies, or rather it was last year. Either way I'll most likely be there every day, I might just get to use my Sheraton discount too... I got to talk to my boss about that

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 37