The Royal Canadian Brony Alliance 220 members · 2 stories
Comments ( 26 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 26

As many of you probably know, there was a shooting at Parliament Hill in Ottawa yesterday. In the shooting Cpl. Nathan Cirillo was killed as he stood ceremonial guard at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier. I wish to send my condolences to Corporal Crillo's family for their loss. I also want to thank Sergeant-at-Arms of the Canadian House of Commons, Kevin Vickers who was able to retrieve a handgun from a lockbox and was able to stop the gunman.

This was an abhorrent display of pointless violence and I want people to realize how absolutely disgusting this meaningless act was.

I also want to mourn for Nathan Cirillo's death and his families loss. And while I am not yet a part of the Canadian Armed Forces, as a member of the Royal Canadian Cadet Program, I salute Cpl. Cirillo and I will remember him along all the others who have given their lives for Canada this coming Remembrance day.

Wow, I didn't even know. I really don't watch the news, but I did hear vague somethings about someone dying and it being a big deal.
But wow. That's... upsetting.
I really hope this sort of thing doesn't become common up here , and I certainly respect the man. I wish the best to his family.

I need to start watching the news.

I wish the best for the family but hope not much is changed, last thing I want is us to follow America's example of clamping down on freedoms while shouting that it's really protecting them. Parliament Hill is so beautiful because it is open for the public, I'd hate to see that change.

For more information go to the wiki page about it here and this new site.

3731239 I did some research already... Justin got it so right in his little speech.

I don't care about political affiliation or what the other party leaders said, he just summed up Canada and I'm so proud.

God help Isis, this is going to send CSIS on the warpath... CSIS scares me.

3730503 It has been confirmed that while Michael Zehaf-Bibeau, the gunman responsible, was inspired by ISIS; he was not an actual part of it.

3731266 It has been confirmed that while Michael Zehaf-Bibeau, the gunman responsible, was inspired by ISIS; he was not an actual part of it.

3731302 I obviously need to do more research...

3731337 not necessarily. You can have your passport revoked for many reasons, I know several people who don't have passports because of convictions.

3730503 ISIS will pay dearly for this :twilightangry2::flutterrage:

3731916 It has been confirmed that while Michael Zehaf-Bibeau, the gunman responsible, was inspired by ISIS; he was not an actual part of it.

3732210 So eager for war.

Are you going to fight it? Unless you're enlisted or going to enlist for this I don't want to hear it.

We aren't Americans, we don't make stupid heated decisions. Nor do we invade a country because of some loon, especially if that loon was a Canadian to begin with.

Nor do I want us to follow America's decision to treat it's own citizens as criminals. Less and less freedoms in the name of Freedom.

At one time I might have supported this... Maybe. But seeing what it can do to a nation? I wouldn't risk doing that to Canada, not for anything.

3732332 Still they did inspired him to do this attack. This is what ISIS wants is to have Losers like that gunman to cause troubles like this

3733272 No, what you want is to invade a country for the actions of a Canadian. This isn't a flimsy excuse, it isn't peacekeeping, it's warmongering.

What if this was a christian extremist? Would you be calling for us to invade the Vatican?

Because the Pope has more say over a christian terrorist than any nation has over a group of radicals.

3733328 Yes, I do live under a rock... it happens when you work 60 hours a week every week.
Yes, I am aware they're not a nation, yes I'm aware of (some of) the attrocities they've committed... Rocks do only cover so much.

At the same time I'm sick of everyone being so eager to fight... When they aren't the ones doing the fighting.

Don't be rash, don't just push an eye for an eye. This was a DOMESTIC terrorist, a sick man. You might as well go to war with Russia over the idiot at the bar that jumped my co-worker.

If Isis is an issue then let it be an issue. Don't hijack a tragedy to suit your goal.

3733412 I'm not saying it's not an issue, but don't you dare make Nate Cirillo your rally cry. Don't go saying "see, see. I was right" Because I will NOT stand for it, and I'm pretty sure he wouldn't have either.

3733527 I was done anyways.
Sorry if I got out of hand.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 26