Comments ( 6 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 6
smoers06
Group Contributor

*SPOILER ALERT!*

*Do not read if you have NOT completed 2012 "Enemy Unknown"*

So basically, since most of us are writers, I thought it would be cool to have this kind of thread.
Write a dramatic storyline of what happened in the final moments aboard the Temple ship, who was alive, who was dead, and who paid the ultimate price to save humanity.
I'll start
(Note: The characters have the same names from my crossover story, but I won't be using this ending in it.)
~~~

"Bloody hell..." Click mumbled, rubbing the back of her head. "That was fun."
"About as much fun as being sent through hell... Twice." Soap mumbled.
The Uber-Ethreal hadn't gone down easily, he had summoned a full force to protect himself, one that gave the humans the most difficult fight of their lives.
"Ugh... I feel like every bone in my body's broke..." Spar mumbled, still on the ground after being blasted by a psyonic attack.
"Are you hurt?" Click asked, helping the American up.
"Just my pride..."
Soap looked over to their other squad-mates.
"Watch, Dingo; what's the status on Ghost?" He asked. Watch looked up from her unconscious comrade.
"I've done all I can," The Medic answered, putting away her med-kit. "But he's lost a lot of blood, I need to get him to the Skyranger."
"Do it, we'll take a look around here, see what we can find."
"Copy that," Watch said, grabbing the fallen Heavy. "Dingo, give me a hand."
"Alright alright..."
The pair dragged the wounded soldier out of the room, as Soap, Click, and Spar walked toward the front of the bridge.
"Take a look at that..." Spar mumbled, looking over a glowing purple sphere that was held on a pedistool.
"It almost looks like-"
The whole ship began to shake violently, as parts of the massive vessel began to fall off.
"Oh shit!" Click swore. "The whole bloody thing is coming apart!"
"Think we've overstayed our welcome." Spar said. "Let's get out of here!"
The three began to sprint towards the exit, but Soap suddenly stopped, images swimming before his eyes.
Is that... Earth? This ship..... Destruction.... I have to stop it!
The Scotsman whirled around, heading straight back toward the glowing orb.
"Soap, what are you doing?!" Spar demanded. "We have to get out of here! NOW!"
"You're right mate..." Soap said quietly. "You do have to get out of here."
Not waiting for a reply, he used his Psyonic powers to push the two soldiers out the door, closing and locking the same door right afterward.
Spar slammed his fist against the the metal slab.
"SOAP!" He shouted.
"Spar..." Click whispered, grabbing his shoulder.
"Get off me!" He said, shrugging it away. "Soap! Open the fucking door RIGHT NOW!"
"Spar, we have to go." Click's voice was chocked with emotion. "This is his choice."
Spar hesitated for a moment, then started in the other direct.
"God damn you Kenneth...."
~~~
Soap took a few deep breaths, then reached out toward the orb.
More images of death and destruction filled his mind, but he began to pull the ship upwards with his mind.
Further...Further...
He felt the life-forces of his friends leave the ship, headed for the XCOM base in South America.
They got out... good....
As The ship exited the Earth's atmosphere, he began to speak
"This is how it was always going to be, wasn't it? An eye for a bloody eye. Not suprising. They've got more (Static) than they've got the likes of me... So! You're fine dandy, so proud, so cock-sure! Prancin' about with your head's full of eyeballs! Come and get me I say! I'll be waiting for ye! I'm a grim bloody fable! With an unhappy bloody end!"
When he reached the safe distance from earth, he looked over his shoulder, and saw a muton elite crawling toward him
Looks like we didn't finish off the poor bugger....
He smirked at the alien.
"They're gonna have to glue you back together... IN HELL!"
He heard a loud explosion...
Then silence reigned.

this is a nice ending, i notice quotes from team fortress 2

Fareseed
Group Admin

R.I.P
Soap
*Stays silent in respect.*

Sneaky Breeze
Group Contributor

I already have an ending written out so i sadly cant add to this since The ending i have planned is the only one i can think of.

smoers06
Group Contributor

Indeed, I thought it would be funny considering he's from Scotland

The funeral was a sad one....

I may add an ending soon, I have to check some names again, though.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 6