Writers in Harmony 31 members · 6 stories
Comments ( 9 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 9

Where is the Episode Writers team?! After like, ten days, I finally saw that the team for Episode Writers had NO MEMBERS!! Okay everypony! I'm gonna change that! This thread is dedicated to the creation of the episodes in this final season we are making of MLP. Now, unlike my Idea Generator thread which spews out various random ideas, this thread is for the making of plots for individual episodes. Because of this, there will be no inspiration fuel like in the Idea Generator thread, which means no links to music or pictures. If you want that kind of stuff, refer back to the Idea Generator. Oh yeah! I posted some new stuff in the Idea Generator, and if you're reading this Cast, it had an idea for how to solve how Princess Cadance came to be an alicorn.

So! To recap, this will be a thread for posting various plots for the individual episodes. Right now, I can only remember a few fully fledged episode plots made. Not episode ideas, episode plots! We have the first two episodes introducing the story, then we have the next episode me and a select few will be writing (and I'm embarrassed to say I still need to flesh out the plot for it :twilightblush:) then we have an episode where Lightning gets captured and the airship raid, and that's all I can remember. Forgive me if I missed anything. My brain feels fried right now. Remind me of any episode plots I missed please.

This final season of MLP shouldn't simply revolve around the war. Yeah sure, it should have a lot on the war, but what makes MLP so AWESOME :rainbowkiss: is the fact that each episode is special in it's own way! Hmmmm. I should explain what I mean. Take Season 2. The Last Roundup was a western style episode with lots of stuff that made it great, such as references (like the I Love Lucy cherry conveyor belt parody). Then you have Dragon Quest which was a more emotional self-discovery episode. And the MMMystery on the Friendship Express was a mystery type episode (with quite a few references. James Bond comes to mind). What I'm trying to get at is the show made episodes that were fun due to the fact they didn't follow a common plot. Not really anyway. Now, we need to make a lot of this about the war, but wars also have times of calm when both sides sort of lay low. I think that we should also have a couple of episodes that don't follow the war theme (for the most part) and just have the mane 6's misadventures we love to see.

Now! Here are some episode ideas I've come up with. For following along with the war plot, I thought about having some episodes that follows the story of the life of a villain grunt, the lowest and most abused villain soldier. It could be an earth pony that has been forced to work in the army due to his family being kept captive (they have done that in war right?) and he's going through an emotional battle between his morals of right and wrong and protecting his family. Thoughts?
For an episode not following the plot, we could have an episode where Rainbow Dash and Soarin' could try constantly to find time alone to convey feelings or have a date, but of course, the other mane 6 would somehow find a way to interfere. Thoughts?

Stay frosty my delicious friends. Silver, out! :pinkiehappy:

What? This a fanfic dude what about the final season?

296005 well im ont the editor team so i kinda cant be on writing team but here are some comments
1) the grunt idea could work if we could make him truly intresting becasue most people wont care about some random pony soilder i think and i have never heard of any grunts being forced to fight because thier family is held captive that would be more so for extremely gifted soilders of vital importance and i have only seen this concept in works of fiction
2)i like the RD and soarin being constantlyharrassed idea it leaves room for some wacky situations

Milkdudes
Group Admin

Hey silver I will be posting soon as I get the chance to not be at work a basic break down of the story so far, its major plot points and what could be pinch points (plot twists)

I will of course need some idea of what your doing on the dragons end to get most of the middle and ending together. I want to post all the main ideas we had and work as a team to turn them into episodes, put them on a timeline and structure, see if we can get the major parts off and out, that way we can work everything else in as needed.

I don't need to plot for episode 2 fast take the time you need to get it to where you want it, I'm currently working on the storyline for episode 1 part 2, I want to get these major points of the story out and away, and want to make a full story arch for each episode, each with a beginning middle and ending, small stories with in the bigger whole.

This isn't just your every day fanfiction. We are planning to ship this to the show's creators as the final season of MLP.

What?! They didn't hold hostages to force people into war?! -looks through history class notes- Oh! They held hostages to force people to work! Not go to war. :facehoof: My bad.

Well, right now the plot points I have planned out for the Dragon Uprising are introducing Obscurum and his backstory, introducing the dragon who will lead the Civil War within the dragon faction (it won't be Spike. It's a dragon called Firebrand), getting Spike to join the ranks of this uprising and having him become linked with Obscurum, getting Spike to befriend Firebrand (who will be at first suspicious of this newcomer), then I just have to figure out what the heck I'm gonna put in between all of this and the final battle in which Obscurum gets defeated, and unfortunately, every dragon going down with him. Even Spike. :fluttercry: I'm gonna miss that guy.
As for what I'm doing for episode 2, ummmm, I'm still figuring that out. :twilightblush: Sorry.

Derp. Let's see how this goes first, before we ahi it to them.

Of course! But the long-run plan does involve pitching this to them. Always something we have to keep in the back of our minds!

Milkdudes
Group Admin

296291 hey sorry disregard the other forum msg this clears a lot up and don't worry about getting a plot for episode 2 out right away, take you time its no rush, I'm still threading together Episode 1 part to, I'm not 100% where to go after the battle for canterlot, I know Cobalt needs to be introduced as does Orion and the Elements of Disharmony. I also need a scene where Prince and some of the royals are taken prisoner by the Shadowbolts. Still some stuff to sort out lol

Well I'm glad that explanation helped clear things up! :twilightsmile: As for Orion, the Shadowbolts, Cobalt, and the Elements of Disharmony, are they being introduced in the first episode, or later on? 'Cause the Shadowbolts are just the fallen Wonderbolts, right? If they are, let's just have you show the fall of the Wonderbolts and then me, you, and the episode 2 team (aka Moon Mare and Prince Lightning) can figure out how to introduce the Shadowbolts in episode 2. As for getting Cobalt into the story, I'd contact 1800 Screwed for help. Cobalt is his OC after all, so it's only natural he knows Cobalt best. And the scene where Prince and the others get captured, I think we should save that for an episode a little further into the story. We need time for Prince Lightning in the story to become friends with Eclipse through dreams before he gets that punch to the gut that they're on opposite sides of the war. My suggestions for the kidnapping is to have the villains launch an attack on the good guys as a diversion to send Dame Voleur (I think that's how you spell the lady mercenary's name) into the good guy's camp to kidnap Prince Lightning, Princess Cadance, and Aurora. The bad guys could reveal they have the captives at the end of the episode to set the premise for the next one, which would be the infiltration of Nightmare Moon's airship. (what was it called again?)
Hope this helps!

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 9