OC's Unite 1,483 members · 2,421 stories
Comments ( 3 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 3

This question has been in my head for a while. I have this villain OC for one of my fics and I pretty much have everything planned out for them. I have created their appearance, their goals, personality, and their twisted passions that serves as their evil motivation for the story. When I created my story, I also had a good idea of what I wanted my villain to be like. The only thing I haven't come up with is the name.

Idk why but for me, coming up with good pony names has always been difficult. So I was wondering if I could get some help with this one. This specific character is a mare who has great desire and passion for the finer things in life. Wealth, good food, fancy living, etc. The one thing she loves more than anything though is clothing. She will go out of her way to come up with bold and exotic new designs that will blow the competition out of the water. But there was always someone better than her.

Sometimes she would go a little too far when looking for the next big thing. Her most favorite fashion choices were furs/scales. Fur coats, leather boots, anything. While others see these fashion choices as rather strange and questionable, she sees them as bold masterpieces. She has claimed to others that all of her "materials" to make the clothes were fake, but they weren't.

Her method of acquiring said materials wasn't pleasant either. If there's a creature who spots her interest, she will hire hunters to carry out her dirty work and bring them to her. Then she has her employees take their skin and turn them into the fashion statements that will make her rich. So she's kind of like mix between Rarity and Cruella De Vil (who was mainly the inspiration for this OC). She's twisted, passionate, deceitful, clever and extremely competitive. All because she wants to be better than the rest.

Now that I've given you enough information, any name ideas?

I know that feeling.
After putting some time into it, I sadly only came up with two. And they are not really good.

Brilliance (Kinda inspired by Rarity)
Grim Style/Sense? (For something more obvious)

Please don't take those, they are terrible XD.

What I always do is typing some words that I associate with a Character into google and look for synonyms for those words. This sometimes leads to some good name combinations. If that doesn't help, then just add something to the character that makes it easier to come up with a name, like a hobby or maybe since it's a fashion pony, some piece of clothing. Diamond Tiara, for example, wears a tiara = name taken care of.

I hope that helped in some kind of way.

Hm. Something relating to fashion or sewing, but with a wordplay with a sinister double meaning?

I'm not good at coming up with names on the fly, unfortunately. The only thing I can think of right now is "Thread Lightly." Though, to me that sounds more like a stallion. Still, something like that. Wordplay is key.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 3