Minecraft and My Little Pony 836 members · 392 stories
Comments ( 8 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 8
MrDenim
Group Admin

It's very well known that this group isn't all that active, so how about we have ourselves a little contest to get some traffic, hmm? With the admins Journeyman, myself, and the newly crowned Blaze Rod being the judges (if they're available at contest end). Contest info and sign-up below...

Info

Contest name: Cast Member(s) In Minecraftia
Contest Start: 5th of February, 4:00pm Central Standard Time
Contest Duration:
For stories under 25k words, you have one month to complete as much as possible and submit.
For stories ranging from 25k to 50k, you have two months to complete as much as possible and submit.
For stories over 50k, you have four months to complete as much as possible and submit.

=-=-=

- There will be three winners, one for each category: Under 25k, 25k-50k, and over 50k.
- Pre-existing stories will not be accepted.
- No NSFW. (i.e. sex)
- Has to feature at least one member from the show. (NO OCs. NO EXCEPTIONS.)
- Winners will have their story featured on the front page of the group and be made contributor.
- Has to have this thread and the group's front page linked somewhere in the long description.
- Judges are NOT allowed to submit.

=-=-=

The submissions will be graded on the follow criteria:

Appearance: * out of 5
Initial reaction to the story as a whole: Non- or existent cover art, description, formatting and the like.

Spelling and Grammar: * out of 5
Self-explanatory.

In-Character Characters: * out of 5
Again, self-explanatory.

Plot Line: * out of 5
How the story plays out. (NO BIAS FOR CLICHES, JUDGES!)

Final Grade: * out of 20

If there is a tie, the tied stories will go through the grading process again.

=-=-=

Sign-Up

By replying to this post.

=-=-=

Submission Form

Link to Story:
Name of Story:
Description:
Length of Story at Time of Submission:
Characters in Story:
Submission Date and Time:
Complete or Incomplete:
Additional Notes:

=-=-=

The contest starts on the 5th of February so that way possible contestants will have time to figure out how long their story is going to be.

Make sure to spread the word! The more the merrier!

Seems like a lot of work for a piddly prize... so, nah.

Would I actually get something if I tried and won say first place?

Seems like it would be easier to organize a community activity in minecraft. Maybe get the other group in on this/it.

what is the prize

I'm considering entering, but even if I don't, the number of new stories will be nice.

MrDenim
Group Admin

It says in the post that the winners will get their stories featured on the front page of the group and be made contributor. You WON'T be getting $$$ cause 1) I don't have money and 2) I don't feel like getting sued by Mojang and Hasbro.

Mrrrrrrrrrrr maybe next comp. I don't really have any PoETC since I dislike those kind of stories but I do have a Steve in equestria style story that's also and HiE, weird mixture if dimension jumping a lot.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 8