Minecraft and My Little Pony 837 members · 392 stories
Comments ( 21 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 21
Journeyman
Group Admin

There seems to be an awful monotony in Minecraft fics: Steve? comes to Equestria, the ponies come to the Overworld, or somepony plays the game. There's not much variety, mostly because the rules and stories behind Minecraft are scant as they are. Let's start a thread to brainstorm for ideas. I've got a few to start.

1. Tartarus is shrouded in mystery, a vile place that nopony dares to enter for fear of the monsters that dwell within. What if that were only half the truth? What if the gates to Tartarus were paths to the Nether? Why would such a fact be covered up? Who would be the first to go there? Would Twilight go there when she leads Cerberus back to the Gates? Perhaps Celestia herself knows some of these answers, but refuses to divulge them for one purpose or another.

2. Herobrine. We all know him. He's practically a mascot of the game. But here's a twist on the mythos that I have yet to see. We always see Herorine as a separate entity that haunts or torments Steve?. But what if it turned out the Steve? IS Herobrine? How would the ponies react to that? Suppose Steve? made them his friends before he converted to Herobrine, would they try to save him or kill him?

3. I've always wondered, how DID the Enderdragon get to the END? It looks like the home to the Endermen, not the dragon. Purhaps an Equestrian dragon found his way in? Or maybe the reverse, the END was the home of the dragons, and the Enderdragon is an Elder fighting desperately to preserve the dragon's ancestral lands.

4. (512165) Someone playing minecraft suddenly finds Ponies in the game, because MLP found their minecraft game.

5. As an Addendum to (2), perhaps Celestia, upon meeting Steve? for the first time in the story, is hostile of him because she knows exactly what he will turn into if he ever regains his memories/powers/heritage. That would provide a good source of tension: Is Steve truly evil if his past self is contained behind layers of spells and seals? I'm getting some Past Sins vibes here, but it's a fine idea.

6. (512193) One would be that equestria was actually the minecraft world centuries in the future, or vice versa.

7. (512216) Expanding on that. Herobrine is actually those memories and powers ejected and made into a quote on quote "physical" form. And his attacks on Steve like what we see in the video "Cube Land" is actually his attempts to rejoin with Steve in the only ways it knows how (and said way might not even be correct).

8. (512553) Super Hostile

9.(655806) Minecraft mobs begin appearing in the lands of Equestria. How did they get there? Are they friendly? Of course not.

10.(786146) Herobrine vs. Discord

Go wild. Make a story out of these if you want

Someone playing minecraft suddenly finds Ponies in the game, because MLP found their minecraft game.

Cue craziness.

Journeyman
Group Admin

As an Addendum to the second one, perhaps Celestia, upon meeting Steve? for the first time in the story, is hostile of him because she knows exactly what he will turn into if he ever regains his memories/powers/heritage. That would provide a good source of tension: Is Steve truly evil if his past self is contained behind layers of spells and seals? I'm getting some Past Sins vibes here, but it's a fine idea.

I have some I don't want to write.
One would be that equestria was actually the minecraft world centuries in the future, or vice versa.

512169 Expanding on that. Herobrine is actually those memories and powers ejected and made into a quote on quote "physical" form.

And his attacks on Steve like what we see in the video "Cube Land" is actually his attempts to rejoin with Steve in the only ways it knows how (and said way might not even be correct).

512193 Seen it:ajbemused:. Somewhere.:unsuresweetie:

Krenshaw
Group Contributor

512169 Search Minecraft in the search box, there is this one really good Minecraft story where the world ended or something and the Enderdragon turned out to be Spike.

Seriously, fucking read it, it's amazing.

What I want is something related to Super Hostile. The maps have a great amount of backstory, especially Canopy Carnage. Vechs would be the antagonist, the mobs his slaves.

512161 im thinking of storys that bring minecraft MOBS in to equastia and a bunch of other minecraft ideas *stop drinking the coke drink in hand* i think we could be a little more creative with the storys tho

Journeyman
Group Admin

that's what I'm doing in my story. Slowly, anyway, but yeah.

655846 i hope its good :eeyup:
im going to start my own after i get mw (microsoft word) back working on my laptop again

Journeyman
Group Admin

I advise creating a copy in gDocs just in case you need a back up. In a freak accident, one of my chapters became corrupted and was filed with newline characters. At least that way if something happens to your computer, you have a back up you can easily reach.

655879 i put everything on a back up hard drive,plug in hard drive and a disk i think im good:twilightsmile:

Journeyman
Group Admin

Then I look forward to it. Send me a message when you have a chapter posted.

reading some of the other story ideas me reading some of them
it sucks

Hey I thought of one
You know the app papercraft so a guy makes some they brecome alive and some how get in to a tv and in to mlp. should be a comedy story.

Mmm... I've watched Cube Land. :applejackunsure:

Herobrine comes and Bitch slaps Discord, because when Discord is compared to herobrine, Discord is nothing, perhaps Steve come and has to save them, or Notch, cuz he's cool
-----
We need more stories with the aether in it, perhaps cloudsdale was a peice of the aether that fell off or something

512161 The thing is herobrine isn't evil, proof here.

Herobrine only wants help to be ether be uncorrpted or ecsape minecraft, cause he is traped in the game. I am one of couple hundred people who are helping to spread the word, and hopefully the 1.8 update doesn't corrupt him even more. I would hate for him to have to be even Ferther away in minecraft to not crash the game. [stupid computers and their leameted visals capibiltes]. Herobrine wants friendship, he is self aware, and thinks AlongComeJosh is Awesome for recording and putting the stuff on youtube. {If you go frame by frame at the end of the chating section you can see him trying to hug Josh's Aavitar}

spread the word #saveherobrine

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 21