Minecraft and My Little Pony 836 members · 392 stories
Comments ( 8 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 8

I have no idea if this group is dead or not, but I'll go ahead and ask this anyway. I've been playing a lot of Minecraft lately (PS4 version, feel free PM me for PSN id) and I was wondering if you guys had come up with any interesting uses for redstone? I'm not talking about the obvious stuff like piston doors and the like, but the more complicated mechanisms involving the use of logic gates and other clever circuitry.

Also, I've really been wanting to build a 3D Best Pony (Fluttershy, obviously) in my survival world, but I suck at pixel art. Anyone have any tips in regards to this?

~BikerPon3

Edit: Silly me for posting in a dead group. Well I guess I'll go ahead and leave this here anyway...

Huzzah! I have come! Come to pave a new path laid of blocks and contraptions beyond your wildest dreams!

I have Minecraft for both the PC and Xbox, just not the PS sorry.

Also I'm not that good at pixel art.

So I'm here to let you know atleast one person is here and reading the blog posts.

Toggleable buttons, trapped floors, a jukebox that opens a piston door (i.e. put a disc in the box and a door opens) and other things.

4422977 i once built a door that wouldn't open unless you put the correct music disc in a juke box, i haven't really worked redstone in a while, but i'd like to get back to it

So the disc kinda acts like a key? Sounds interesting. I'm kind of a redstone n00b if I'm honest though. The most complicated thing I've built is a hidden piston trap door.

4423171 its a comparitor circuit. basically what happens is that the disc emits a certain strength of signal when inserted into a disc, the two signals are compared by a special circuit that when both signals are equal in strength powers up. i dont know the link to the circuit that i modified to get the base pair of this, though if i had it i would give you the link :pinkiehappy:

MrDenim
Group Admin

4422977 The group isn't really dead. It's just that the Minecraft community hasn't been as prevalent around here since around 2011 or 2012.

As for redstone, I once toured a map that had a massive subway system spanning over a 250 chunk area with a 24/7 schedule for stops. Last time I was on there, they were trying to find a way get have the railways automatically divert onto another rail when one get damaged.

And the only I can give about art in general is to be careful when you deal with the proportions.

Journeyman
Group Admin

Sorry. I was in a prison known as my job and I lost my toothbrush shank. Has to leave via sewer.

People were off an on posting and asking about servers, so I set up a master list in order to get them under easy access. Then people stopped posting their servers altogether. Whatever the reason, there's only so much the mods can do. As for myself, I've been having a massive Spleef hardon for the longest time and have been itching to start a forum game. Problem is I'm shoved into a Bag of Kidnapping and sent to prison work for 40 hours a week. I've asked to reduce my hours, but even that takes time because schedules are made in advance. I'd want to start a server, but there's a fair bit of mods and logistics that need to be sorted out first.

As for redstone shenanigans, there was one mod I always had in my mind. I don't remember what it was called, but there was some fantasy setting where they described this kingdom and whatnot with signs and houses and it just looked awesome. What the modder did with redstone was you'd do like questing to collect items and put them in chests, which would then unlock certain things. It looked like great fun because I am a huge fantasy buff.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 8