Spike's Greatest Works 854 members · 1,399 stories
Comments ( 24 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 24

Hi. I'm Arby Works. Pretty big Spike fan. Kinda wanting to write a new story. Desperate for a co-author or so since I can't accomplish anything in terms of acquiring assistance. Story is set to be a sequel to another story I wrote. Will breakdance 4 help.

Arby Works.

1234826 Need a co-author? Well I could help. It depends on the type of story cause I will NOT do clopfics or murder stories.

1234842 Thank god I'm not asking for help on the Dragon's Notebook or Castle Bahamut since that had murder up the anus. Is plain old death alright? Like a villain maybe getting offed at the end of a story or is there an explicit "no death" rule in place?

1234848 I'm fine with a villain death. Only if said villain truly deserves it.

1234855 Well said villain is going to really deserve it by the end of the story... but if somebody were to co-author, reading the previous story which was chock-full of death may be required. This story that I want to write is taking after Dragon Quest; both the games and the episode name, where Spike goes on a journey of self-discovery except unlike the episode and more like the game, it's meaningful, full of growth and... well, self-discovery.

1234875 The only other instance of death that COULD occur would be innocent casualties; say, the villain destroys a whole village and the civilians go with it and cements the big bad as a guy that really has to be taken down and several faceless mooks and such. Pretty much what anybody would expect from a video game or so.

1234915 No thoughts? Are you in, out, need to think it over, etc.

1234923 I'll need to think it over.

1234869 I like the sound of this story. :moustache:

1234926 Alright. Be advised; I'm not really a fan of cheapening things or making them kid friendly. If something happens, I won't muddy it up with false pretenses; I'll treat it realistically, so that may be an issue as well.

1234940 das' good since I want it to be better than Castle Bahamut which I consider my magnum opus.

1234973 Alright then.

Sounds interesting.
What are you looking for in a co-auther?
And as a co-auther what are we required to do?

1235003 What I'm looking for in a co-author is someone who can provide suggestions on how to write a scene and to assist with... well, writing. My best skill is dialogue and actions but I cannot merge the two. I can't have them running simultaneously which is a severe issue, and it'd be nice to have someone to suggest ideas and bounce ideas off of for the sake of feedback and potentially altering a story for the better.

1235647 SO I NOTICED, and it's still not as popular as The Dragon's Notebook. :#

1235703 The Dragon's Notebook was and still is a masterpiece.
I wish Castle Bahamut got the same recognition.

Very well then, I am willing to offer my assistance to you.

To help you, I require a rough out line or even a detailed description of your story so far, so to get an idea of how to help edit the story.

I will go over what you have done and send you feedback on my findings.

I may not be the best co-auther or editor, but I will do what I can, if you choose to except my offer.

1235725 ehn, Dragon's Notebook was rushed and could have been handled better. Particularly the ending... ah well.:o

1237088 Actually, that's the whole point. I haven't really gotten anywhere with the outline since I'm having trouble sorting out ideas, hence the reason I'm seeking a co-author. I've started the first chapter's synopsis but that's about it.

Well if you want my help you'll have to give me something to wok with, tell me what the story is about, what you have done so far and what your looking for in the story.

1241639 I... believe I have told you what it's about and what I've done. To continue, we should be in PM's.

1241743 Uhm, Private Messages.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 24