Communist Party of Equestria 138 members · 30 stories
Comments ( 2 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 2

so uh, it's good to see i'm not the only communist among the fandom, but there are a ton of comments on the front page of the group referencing stalin and russia and the like, and I just wanted to feel out what communist ideologies you would identify with (leninism, trotskyism, left communsim, etc)

I'll start and say i'm an anarchist

Mostly (critical) Althusserian. I have read Lenin, Trotsky and Mao and found some interesting thoughts in all of them. I also really like several newer western Marxist authors, like Slavoj Zizek or Etienne Balibar - but Balibar is an Althusserian himself, so no real surprise here. Haven't read much from Stalin, only snippets. Didn't like any of it. From what I know of him, his policy also seems rather misguided to me, to say the least. But then again, Mao is also at least problematic in this respect, but he was still able to write some good theory and strategy stuff.

I used to be an anarchist. I still have no problem with anarchist projects if they turn out decent, and I think that some anarchist authors (like Michail Bakunin or Hakim Bey) still have some interesting thoughts and insights to offer. I don't call myself an anarchist any more though.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 2