Art for Fanfiction 5,178 members · 213 stories
Comments ( 3 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 3

I've been able to make art on my own for all my stories except one, mainly by piecing together vectors from other artists and a lot of GIMPing. (It's like photoshopping but with open-source software.)

The one story I haven't gotten a cover for is Twilight's Endgame, because I'm basically turning each of the ponies into superheroes, and if this story is to have a cover, it should feature that as its primary motif.

So I'm asking if anyone can help me on this front.

Here's what I'm planning:

Rainbow Dash is Iron Mare. She wears a suit of nanotech armor that mainly matches her coat. So, it would be blue, with multicoloured accents. She can still use her wings to glide, at which point the armour makes it look like she's a fixed-wing aircraft. But when she's not using her wings, they're fully encased in the armour.

Apple Bloom is Equestria's Sorcerer Supreme. She has her own, slightly smaller, version of Doctor Strange's Cloak of Levitation, and we can imagine her wearing a custom-made sling ring that fits on her hoof, and using Eldrich magic, so maybe projecting mandellas. She still has her hairbow.

Twilight Sparkle is the Star Princess. She's wearing what appears to be Peter Quill's jacket, and has two swords on her back, based on Gamora's sword, the Godslayer. In fact, her swords were made from the original Godslayer, left behind after Gamora's death. She also has Peter Quill's Zune, left behind after he was snapped.

Spike and Sweetie Belle are the two I'm still not 100% on. I'm thinking Spike would be dressed like an average member of the Masters of the Mystic Arts, and Sweetie Belle would have rocket boots, and be some kind of techie, like Rocket. But that's still completely in the air. I might choose something better for the two of them.

Anyway, if anyone wants to help me, I'd really appreciate it. If you only want to do the characters, with no background, I can use that to piece together a coherent cover, and you'll receive my eternal gratitude.

So, if anyone can help, thanks.

This sounds more like a commission than a request, a request would be something simple, this, by no means is simple.

At least I do not believe that it is, I am sorry that I cannot help you, but I just wanted to point that out.

I'm 100% aware of that, I was just going by the guide on the front page. If no one wants to do it then I'm not going to complain. I'm not one of those 'for exposure' assholes. Believe me, if I had the money, I'd absolutely pay. But I don't, so I can't. Or if the price was really fucking good, and they could match the show style, or at least guarantee the whole thing had a consistent style, with a cool background and maybe a few Marvel heroes hanging out as well (not just ponies emulating them), I'd fork up the money in a heartbeat. But I'm really fucking poor. If the choice is commission the artwork, or eat tonight, I'm choosing to eat. I'm not that desperate for the work.

Look, I honestly don't expect anyone to make anything for me. I'm just throwing shit at a wall. Saw this group and thought it'd be worth at least asking, for anyone who wants to do some free work for whatever baffling reason. I already know how to piece together some really cool and functional story cover images just by using vector images and other artwork from DeviantArt and manipulating them using GIMP. This particular story though requires a bit more than show-accurate vector art. That's why I'm asking.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 3