Comedy 1,294 members · 4,779 stories
Comments ( 8 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 8

I'm writing a comedy about Vinyl Scratch, Berry Punch, Octavia and Carrot Top. Octavia threatens Vinyl Scratch to stay home with her on Friday night or else she'll kick her out of the apartment. Vinyl wasn't being up to scratch with her half of the rent so Octavia got sick of it. At the same time down in Ponyville, Berry Punch and Carrot Top are watching the season finale to a tv show when the power company kills their cable, so they embark on a quest to restore it. The two scenarios somehow intertwine with each other.

Could you guys help me with bouncing around ideas on how to connect these two scenarios? Haha, feel free to suggest the dumbest ideas you can think of. (Just make sure they're somewhat believable, so it all makes sense).

1688498 Berry Punch and Carrot Top try and steal cable from Octavia and Vinyl.

1688511 *jots down*

Keep in mind, forcing Vinyl to stay home on Friday night, a night she always spend out having fun, drives her NUTS. She loses a bit of her sanity. Also, Berry Punch gets steadily drunker the whole time as well, so it could become an inconvenience. :twilightoops:

Usually when I try to think of comedy, I just watch comedy (usually something slightly related to the topic). This seems appropriate for this situation.

1688585 Good idea! I like Monty Python, which is full of stupid humor, so maybe I'll give that show a watch again.

I can see Carrot Top being like Oglethorpe. "We have successfully traveled eons across space and time...to get free cable! It's the Fargate: goes far get it!"

1688498 Carrot Top and Berry are sliding around on top of the town hall, searching for their cable.
Vinyl insists that Octavia allows her to wear her as a hat.
Celestia has a one-way portal open to watch it all while eating popcorn, while one hoof pushes Discord away from the portal, blocking his vision.
Woona is in Celestia's hair, being adorable.
CT and BP eventually find themselves scooting towards Vinyl and Octavia's house, and they sense a cable in the force.
I can bust out much more random ideas, but I am trying to stay with the storyline, so THIS is my best. :rainbowlaugh:

Haha you guys. They're all awesome! I'll see if I can make something out of them.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 8