The OC Fanfiction Library 1,405 members · 1,805 stories
Comments ( 27 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 27

So a I have a dark Unicorn Oc that's been screaming in my head.

Name - Rune Reader

Gender - Stallion.

Back Story - Grew up in Canterlot and was excepted into Celestia's school for gifted unicorns. Dropped out when a teacher found him reading a book of dark magic. Rune simply said the book called out to him. Not wanting to burden Celestia with this the teacher expelled him. Now years later he returns but not as a villain, as a hunter. Rune hunts for other dark magic users that wish to bring Equestria down.

Let me know your ideas and thoughts.

5664928 You mean like he "redeemed" himself and now tries to get rid of all the dark magic users? Or is he recruiting them against their will for some sort of army? Or maybe is it because he wants all the dark magic for himself?

5664937 redeemed user trying to get others to see that they don't need to take down Equestria to live along side others.

5664942 Hm, interesting. Though what made him like that? The fact he was expelled or some other adventure? Yeah, I really like questions.

5664945 After he was expelled ran away from Canterlot. While traveling ran into a small group just like him. Hiding out in a large city. When they got old enough one questioned why they should live in fear when others do not. Rune seeing it was they misunderstand some parts of their magic tried to defend them. Now the two are in a war fighting for control over different creatures with unquie abilities.

5664928 Wow, very interesting! Are you going to write a story of this OC?

5664957 Thinking about it. But I'm also working on another fan fiction involving an evil mind control cult trying to take over Equestria. And an IRL story where a normal human becomes to the guardian to a witch.

5664963 Oh, that seems interesting. I'll go check those out.

5665022 For the mind control cult I get a lot of hate about it so it's ok if you don't. And the IRP story I haven't started yet. I want to focus on one at a time. I'm talking about this one because it won't stop running through my head at the moment.

TheTrueDragoon
Group Contributor

5664928 My advice, start with the part of his story about how he becomes a hunter. Sounds like it could work, but what you give now, it may go over very poorly as many will probably see it as a bland, Gary Stu character. The path to him becoming a hunter sounds like the perfect way to develop the character and ease people into liking him.

Just so you don't get drowned by hate and feel disheartened.

Over all, sounds like a decent start. Just needs more development like why he's drawn to the dark magic, what the overall situation was that caused his expulsion, his general personality, flaws and shortcomings, etc.

Take your time developing him before diving into a story and ending up with a bland a boring character. Things work out better that way.

5665040 Thanks for the advice and ill work on him. He just won't stop screaming in my head.

5665040 I was thinking of starting the story mid way through the process of becoming a hunter. Like he knows little tricks but not everything.

5664955 Seems definitely like an interesting idea.

5665112 Ya but this is just an idea for now. When I'm done with my first fic I'll work on this one.

Ok I dont know why this story wont leave my head but I keep seeing this one scene where the MC of the dark unicorn story is pulled into a portal to Tartarus along with his enemy. During the fight at a farm he was hiding out at uses the Scythe to kill someone threatening the farmers family. leaves with the scythe head because it broke off. Anyway along the way it gets turned into This =>

5668202 I like number 3, if you were asking that ^^

Thanks and yes I was. I was also asking if it would be a good point in the story?

5668235 The scythe idea is okay. However, the Tartarus part is too vague to judge :twilightsheepish:

Well to go into depth. MC ran away from the group of ponys to try and clear his mind. Came across a farm where he began working. But one day the leader of the group he left showed up saying he abandoned them. Fight breaks out and a portal to Tartarus is opened. They both get sucked in.

5668259 And will they return or is that a terminal station for them?

They will return just at different times.

Thanks this was originally going to be part of an IRL story I was working on.

5664928 Sounds cool. Make a story on it.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 27