Ponies of War 1,399 members · 932 stories
Comments ( 14 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 14

If you guys have ever seen the movie series on HBO, you'll know what I'm talking about. Anyways...

I'm going to write a five part story, which will include the combat on the islands Saddlecanal, Pelimoo, Iwo Winga, and Okineighwa Here's my twist though. If you guys remember Leckie from the show, I'm replacing him with my OC Dusty Spearhead. And from there, I'm bringing in another OC, Sea Whiz, who starts to fall for him as they fight throughout the campaign to drive the Changelings back into the Dark Sea. At the end, in the fifth act, they'll return to the mainland and I'll have another story to start off from there. :P

I would elaborate more, but Battlefield 3 and writing the actual story is keeping me from doing so. (I'll write out the whole shebang another day, maybe on Spring Break.)

Thoughts? Comments? Suggestions? Complaints?

>take something good
>replace it with ponies
>add in pointless romance
>OC main characters
>having anything to do with the show besides horse puns
1/10 got me to respond.

Hey, if you don't like it, don't comment. Yeesh.

You shouldn't be so quick to shoot down what he says, Dusty. He's got a bit of a point. What makes your story unique that ponies are in it? What spin are you going to put in the crossover to make it worth reading?

Granted, "boredhooman" could've been more helpful and added ideas to fix them instead of simply complaining, but you should take that comment in stride, and see how you can improve your ideas.

Crossovers are some of the hardest fics to write in my opinion, all because of the target audience. The chances that people will like both ponies and X topic are quite slim, unless you pick an extremely popular topic (such as the case in Fallout: Equestria).

Perhaps my idea for a "quick-fix" is to add the Mane 6 within the universe. Have them play leading roles beside your OCs. It would be interesting to see how the ponies react and how different they are compared to the canon show. For instance, Fluttershy could be a combat medic, or Rainbow Dash a forward assault trooper.

PM me more if you'd like to work with me further on this.

Thank you. I'm actually researching up the whole topic at the moment using some of my WW2 history books. And I'll PM you as soon as possible.

I agree with you but I don't know what you have against OC characters. I've seen hundreds done very well.

Silver out!

>writes "Thoughts? Comments? Suggestions? Complaints?" in OP
>complains I'm complaining
Glad to know I don't have to take you seriously any more.

Because when you have a story be mostly OCs, you make the only relation to the show be horse puns. It may as well be original fiction at this point.

there have never been nor should there every be females in the infantry. you all here what happened at Quantico this morning? thats the shit that happens when you throw females into the grunt world

I wasn't talking about that. I just meant one or two as an add-on to cast characters, I didn't mean a fic where "All it is is OC's."

Silver out!

Oh, I agree. I use OCs as well. Hell, in one of my stories the protagonist is an OC, in another the prominent pony characters are all OCs, and my third half the ponies seen so far are OCs. It's just when a story is all OCs, like OP is implying, that it just gets stupid.

803079 True. Woman should not.... SHOULD NOT be in the Military...AT ALL.

Also, Dusty Ranger... I actually have a story like this already... Its called Canuus Equus Belli... The Japanese are the Diamond Dogs...

Aye.

One of the things I see in fanfics about Royal Guards or other forms of military that drives me crazy is not only having mixed army but in the case of main pairing, HAVING THEM SHARE THE SAME ROOM. I mean, what.

Rog, I gotcha. :twilightsmile:

Silver out!

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 14