Michigan Bronies 75 members · 77 stories
Comments ( 6 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 6

Repost:

Title says it all, what did you write and where in Michigan did it take place or was based?

I have a story that I am working on and there are some sections that take place in "Detrot"... And its a shithole. Anyway, at one point, there is a small part where an oil tanker is sabotaged and blows up, spilling lamp oil for the factories and destroys on of the only nice beaches in the city.

Other than that, i had an idea that I will never write which involves a human and a pony trying to deliver a biological weapon that will save Equestria from changelings from the Midland Dow Chemical Plant to Detroit international where a portal will take them to Equestria.

Also, i want to write a small story that takes place in a mansion in ponified Bloomfield Hills.

Celestia Sleeps In is largely set on North Fox Island (off the Leelanau peninsula), and also has significant parts in Traverse City and Grand Rapids, and the human protagonist is from Hastings.

.. I live in a small ( for the area) mansion in Bloomfield hills, so if you need a second eye for descriptions or neighborhood details let me know.

3067315 well, said background is that Celestia and her biological or adopted som are spending hearths warming eve out of canterlot. The only thing that I want to really double check is the made up history of the mansion.

Anyway, does this sound like one of the homes? "The Firehelm Home was commissioned by Stone Firehelm, the tycoon and inventor of the first rubber tires to be used in wagons, after the rapid success of his business. Manor was one of the largest at the time, amd has access to the small artificial lake. After the passing of mr. Firehelm, ownership went to his children, who used it as a vacation home. But, the residence went up for sale durring the drop of the wagon industry, and so the owners had put it up for sale. Due to its size, and for the sake of new miney to create their own homes, the mansion has sat larely idle for years.

That sounds like it would fit better in Dearborn, where it could have belonged to an early Ford exec. Around here, there aren't that many really old buildings, most mansions are in the middle of subdivisions for whomever build the communities.

If this is the same continuity as your Detroit story, I think Dearborn would work better. Bloomfield isn't exactly a stones throw away, and ponies need a train to get from ponyville to canterlot, despite the fact you both are in visual range of each other.

3067828 pony islam, here i come!

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 6