UK Bronies 707 members · 1,719 stories
Comments ( 4 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 4

I'm not a fan of "AI" but small glitches aside this is great.

7869888 Meine Prinzessin! I can walk! :rainbowlaugh:

Tangential, but it's notable how many people I've seen recently coming out with some variety of the "I don't like AI* but this particular AI thing is cool." If I were an AI developer I wouldn't be too upset at that.

* Yeah, I know, LLM. But I'm pretty sure the average Joe is going to call it AI forever now. Just as GIF is pronounced with a hard G by almost everyone, including me.

On topic, that was really rather good. I didn't have especially high expectations, since the song itself tends to be treated as less interesting than it actually is,+ and so it's often rather sloppily done in covers -- but I'd agree with you: it's more than decent.

+ The original 1939 recording, not the orchestrated version that's usually heard now, was a pioneer in synthesiser music. It features a Hammond Novachord.

I keep calling it AI when I know I shouldn't. It's not an intelligence, since its not self aware.

What all this algorithms are is the next step of "Give a million monkeys a million typewriters" only this time you give the monkeys the works of Shakespeare's inspirations, predecessors and contemporaries so they have a head start.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 4